The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 19, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #7,456 of 12,992

Same track and cans with a FiiO e12 on high gain and bass switch on. Mach3Bass +9 BBE+8 (Cowon jet effects)

​thanks Hawaii boy. that is the video I used for reference. the bass i can hear, but the impact is very weak with my cans - it is there, but nothing to make these qualify as bass-head headphones. the really deep low end rumble is almost non-existent.

I drove them with an asgard 2, but also have a Fiio e12 - I am waiting on a 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter to come in tomorrow this way the comparison is 100% the same. Highly doubtful anything will change, something just must be wrong.

I had no issue withg my sz2000 destroying that paper test.

Aug 20, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #7,457 of 12,992

Same track and cans with a FiiO e12 on high gain and bass switch on. Mach3Bass +9 BBE+8 (Cowon jet effects)

One of the reasons I want these so bad is I read this a long time ago about the mystical nature of this urushi tree. Apparently it was used as part of a self mummifying process by Shingon Priests. Dunno it's possible someone mentioned it before

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-gruesome-and-excruciating-practice-of-mummifying-yo-1515905564

Anyway, to know thy can pound the BASSSS wowwey i really want one in my lifetime. Brand NEw :D

Awesome awesome can
o2smile.gif

Aug 20, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #7,458 of 12,992
Can someone tell me how much bass and impact the th900 had out of the box?

I got a pair and am not impressed with its bass. Simply does not hit hard enough.

I also tried eq'ing them. They did improve, but no where near what I expected. I did my own paper test and the vibration is nonwhere near what is in that video.

I was looking to complement my hd800. I had the sz2000, and when eq'ed, was insane in bass. Not sure what is going on with the th900.

Oh dude no. Tell you what. The JVC and TH900 are quite, quite different. How? Th are semi open. Jvc are closed with bass reflex. You cant get both things in either. I have the x00 and still, though the bass is not ear shaking or head banging, its tight, quick bass. Thats the idea. Thats audiophile bass. But if u want head shaking bass, you jave to have a little subwoofer. Thats what the jvc are. So dont mix them up. If th don't have that rattle, i wont be surprised. They dont aim to rattle. Amping or equing too much on the th may just damage the drivers in pursuit of head shaking bass. Use either pair of cans for different purposes. Dont mix em up. I hope ur getting my point. For open natural listening with not a huge compromise on bass use fostex. For head shaking earth rattling bass use JVC. Th are still very respected cans for general listening and indeed are audiophile class. Jvc are great but not quite audiophile class but rather sub bass and electronic music and drum and bass music proponents. Regardless the th is a much, much superior pair of cans. At good volumes it does shake a bit.

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #7,459 of 12,992
This is just false. As you can see the TH900 are #2 on the impact list - they do shake your ears with the right amp and EQ.

To be honest the SZ1000 certainly can move air like non other, but the rest of the frequency range sounded worse than a PortaPro.. I'm looking to buy a th900 soon so I can get the best of both worlds.

Aug 21, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #7,463 of 12,992
Does no distortion mean it won't blow the drivers? I've had car subs blow that never distorted.

Blowing drivers is pretty hard and distortion will bother your ears before the drivers.
Most "blown" drivers are a result of scorched/de-laminated voice coils due to over power. The JVC SZ2k eat the Turbo of an iFi Micro iDSD. I'm car audio too and my experiences with damaged drivers was a scorched VC every time except one where the surround was not secured proper at the factory by JL and they replaced it.

Subs are only playing sub bass notes (usually) so they usually don't give the audible cue's a headphone gives off as it reproduces all 3 major freq's.

Your ears will get ****ed up before the driver does if it's bass and headphones.

My opinion....worth about 2cents
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #7,468 of 12,992
  Gotta say, after selling my SZ1000 to Vap I've been using the XB500 and they aren't even close to SZ1000 in impact...

Might have to pick myself up a pair of SZ2000 to see if they are even better. 

You want (need) the SZ2000. The 1000's couldn't even come close to handling the EQ I rock on the SZ2000. The 1000 got about one tracks' worth of head-time. Everything the 1000 does, the 2000 does better, I promise you.

If you don't agree I'll buy your SZ2000's for a backup set
wink.gif

The SZ1000 i got from you are being given as a present to one of my friends for his birthday next week.

Aug 22, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #7,469 of 12,992
Oh man that sounds nice. One of the big problems I had with the SZ1000 is I could get it to distort before I was sick with bass. And since then I think I've gotten a bit better at pinpoint EQ so I'm quite excited.

Time to scour the classifieds...

Aug 22, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #7,470 of 12,992
  Oh man that sounds nice. One of the big problems I had with the SZ1000 is I could get it to distort before I was sick with bass. And since then I think I've gotten a bit better at pinpoint EQ so I'm quite excited.

Time to scour the classifieds...

I experienced this exact thing with your set of 1000's
wink.gif

Go get yourself the 2000's, you won't regret it one bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back