The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 5, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #7,262 of 12,992
We go way back.
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #7,264 of 12,992
There was a headphone meet here in Houston past Saturday.  I got some people to listen to the JVC sz1000 at some serious bass levels.  They were impressed what these "budget" headphones were able to do with a FIIO amp.  

Bringing the C5 and SZ2000s to a meet was worth it just to see the one guy's reaction who tried them, because you know exactly what that feeling is. 

The look on their faces when the bass drops. I went to another headphone convention about a year ago and I brought my SZ2000s along with my Fiio E12. Most of the guys that heard my setup had that golden look on their face after hearing Wiz Khalifa. To them there's more to bass than they thought.

Spread the word brother willsw..

Aaaaand .......when you............seeeeeeeee,

A brotha who does not have the basssssssssssssssssssss
in......his ....heart

Put the bassssssssssssssss baaaaaaaaaaack ..........in his heart.

Can I gettttttttttttt....a 35Hz note?

Amen!!

Ah.... that event sure brought back memories. Throwback to those 32k cans I posted and tried.

Spreading the bass one vibe at a time :wink:

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #7,266 of 12,992
Schoolboy q - tookie knows II

Yoda would say.. "The bass is strong with this one" haha

Dug the guests TF & Traffic on that track, never heard of them before.

Jul 13, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #7,269 of 12,992
So after extended use, I'm back to say the HAMR77Xs are no let down. Almost 2 years later and they're still hitting hard as hell, maybe even harder. To anyone thinking about these (as they are the obvious budget friendly choice), here are some things to keep in mind:

1. Don't buy a ****ty amp. While my $30 ratshack amp has served me well, it doesn't do what I need it to anymore. Save up for an e12, thats my next purchase.

2. These are awful for extended listening. Not that you should be using these at high levels for an extended time anyways, but after about an hour, ear fatigue is very noticeable.

3. My biggest complaint is the headband. There is almost NO padding on the part that sits on your head (but there's padding on top, who the **** designed this thing???). This makes your head HURT, even with longer hair. You may be able to mod the headband, but be warned if you don't.

4. I don't think these reach the full potential of the drivers. At slightly higher levels, either the coil or the cone are hitting part of the casing, making loud clicking noises. Now, I'm not saying that the bass isn't sufficient, but someone with a little more money than me should try to disassemble these and see if any modding can stop this from happening, and maybe even increase the range/db a little.

If you're on a budget, these will NOT disappoint. Take my 2 years of experience with them!

Jul 13, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #7,270 of 12,992

How often do you guys need to change pads on the SZ1000? 

Peace.

Louis Armstrong

When they get dirty and raunchy?

I've always had the pleather 55x on mine.  So I wouldn't know

Quote:
  So after extended use, I'm back to say the HAMR77Xs are no let down. Almost 2 years later and they're still hitting hard as hell, maybe even harder. To anyone thinking about these (as they are the obvious budget friendly choice), here are some things to keep in mind:

1. Don't buy a ****ty amp. While my $30 ratshack amp has served me well, it doesn't do what I need it to anymore. Save up for an e12, thats my next purchase.

2. These are awful for extended listening. Not that you should be using these at high levels for an extended time anyways, but after about an hour, ear fatigue is very noticeable.

3. My biggest complaint is the headband. There is almost NO padding on the part that sits on your head (but there's padding on top, who the **** designed this thing???). This makes your head HURT, even with longer hair. You may be able to mod the headband, but be warned if you don't.

4. I don't think these reach the full potential of the drivers. At slightly higher levels, either the coil or the cone are hitting part of the casing, making loud clicking noises. Now, I'm not saying that the bass isn't sufficient, but someone with a little more money than me should try to disassemble these and see if any modding can stop this from happening, and maybe even increase the range/db a little.

If you're on a budget, these will NOT disappoint. Take my 2 years of experience with them!

@Hawaiibadboy has a mod for the 77x but I don't know what it does.  You should ask him about it.

Try these for the headband

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/kopfpolster.html

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #7,271 of 12,992

When they get dirty and raunchy?

I've always had the pleather 55x on mine.  So I wouldn't know

@Hawaiibadboy has a mod for the 77x but I don't know what it does. 

Makes em loud.
Aluminum plumbers tape apprx the same thickness as a soda can lining the entire inside. push it in and shape then take out and take off adhesive cover and put in.
Cover the hole on the driver and open 2 on the baffle on opposite sides of baffle for ventilation .
Tried this every possible way with the 55x until i hit the sweet spot.

The bass test with the modded 77x is still my favorite. pure sub-bass.
Total "V" shaped non audiophile hammer to the head.

It will always be on the Top 10 list. The day it falls off will be a good day for bassheads since 10 others will have to hit harder...and that is neeeeever going to happen.

BOOM!!

Jul 13, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #7,272 of 12,992
Jul 17, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #7,274 of 12,992
Hi fellow bassheads!  Just got the JVC SZ1000, and unfortunately my Fiio A3 (rated 450mW @16Ω), just doesn't have the juice to drive them.  With this amp, my 77x and even the lowly Monoprice 8323 has stronger bass.  

So before I order an E12 Mont Blanc, is there another amp around $100 that I should be considering?  Also, is there such a thing as a portable DAP with a built in amp that could power the SZs? 

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #7,275 of 12,992
no idea never tried it but this claims to be like 1600 total MW if true it would work pretty good im betting http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cayin-C5-Portable-HIFI-Audio-Headphone-Amplifier-OPA134-LME49600-/181963354888?hash=item2a5ddc7308:g:-WQAAOSw1ZBUwLV4

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back