The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 4, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #7,246 of 12,992

Can you post a screenshot please? I'm willing to bet you need to lower your pregain on EQ and nothing else
biggrin.gif

Any steps forward from that value causes distortion.

Jul 4, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #7,247 of 12,992

Please don't randomly name drop your favorite new HP that is looking for advertisement.

That thing is stupid expensive and it is not extreme bass.

I will paypal you $50 if you do a simple little bass paper test that shows some action that would make it seem like this is the thread for that HP.

$50

Take my money. I ain't joking.

Have you used the Focal Elear? 

Reminder, Elear are audiophile open-backed headphones...

http://www.focal.com/headphones/

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #7,248 of 12,992

Have you used the Focal Elear? 

Reminder, Elear are audiophile open-backed headphones...

http://www.focal.com/headphones/

This is NOT the thread for audiophile open backs and the thread title could not possibly be more clear.

The Hardest hitting Headphones are..

( "The EXTREME BASS Club")

And you leave a link in your post
confused.gif

STOP SPAMMING THE BASSHEAD THREAD

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #7,249 of 12,992
I think we should make it clear that Bassheads are not necessarily a bunch of Beats-owning kids. I, for example, have the Esoteric K-01 -> BHSE -> SR009 headphone combo which add up to about US$30,000, but still find myself immensely enjoying the SZ-2000 with the Cayin C5, just for gaming purpose.

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:39 AM Post #7,250 of 12,992
This is NOT the thread for audiophile open backs and the thread title could not possibly be more clear.

The Hardest hitting Headphones are..

( "The EXTREME BASS Club")

And you leave a link in your post:confused:

STOP SPAMMING THE BASSHEAD TREAD

This is going to be my last reply to you because it is obvious that you can't hold a decent conversation. How do you know Focal Elear doesn't hit hard in the bass department

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #7,251 of 12,992
  I think we should make it clear that Bassheads are not necessarily a bunch of Beats-owning kids. I, for example, have the Esoteric K-01 -> BHSE -> SR009 headphone combo which add up to about US$30,000, but still find myself immensely enjoying the SZ-2000 with the Cayin C5, just for gaming purpose.

My favorite item is a 70mm open back.

I do not talk about it in here because it HAS NOTHING TO DO with this thread.

He is a longtime member and a Member of the Trade and he knows the site guidelines.
  1. The thread title is clear
  2. I am the OP and I mentioned directly about it being in the wrong thread.

The rules are the rules for everybody.

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #7,252 of 12,992

40mm and open back and this is not the bass lovers, bass affinity or basshead lounge.

It is a 500,000 viewed, well mannered, on topic, monthly updated super thread

I do not post in threads in a way un related to the thread title .

I expect you will move along as you implied.

Take care
beerchug.gif

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #7,253 of 12,992

Any steps forward from that value causes distortion.

Ok, so you're pulling down the pre gain enough so thats not the problem
What's your amp? just in case it isn't pushing adequate power to make em rattle and not distort
here's my EQ

they don't look too different overall but try messing around a bit and see how hard you can push em without distorting. what gear you're using?

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #7,254 of 12,992
Listen HiFiGuy528, I'm not trying to give you a hard time, just letting you know the cost of admission in this thread. It's not hard to do a paper test for all of us to see. If you or someone else owns these Focals then please have at it. Otherwise it's just hype that we're all sick of seeing. Not because it's an eyesore, but because so many people have wasted money on crap that's not even close to basshead levels and that hyped up gear doesn't belong in this thread. You're rec'ing $1000 headphones. It should weigh on your conscience if people buy these thinking they're basshead and they turn out not to be. If it doesn't then you shouldn't be rec'ing gear to bassheads. It sounds harsh but it's the way things are done here for OUR protection. A lot of us have to save up for this gear.

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #7,255 of 12,992
  Ok, so you're pulling down the pre gain enough so thats not the problem
What's your amp? just in case it isn't pushing adequate power to make em rattle and not distort
here's my EQ

they don't look too different overall but try messing around a bit and see how hard you can push em without distorting. what gear you're using?

Desktop/Macbook -> K1 -> E12
Nexus 6P -> K1/E18 -> E12

With the current preset, if I push it too hard, I hear it rattling (usually the left cup for some reason). I do want to give the C5 a try but importing takes time.
Nevertheless, amazing headphone.

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #7,256 of 12,992
There was a headphone meet here in Houston past Saturday.  I got some people to listen to the JVC sz1000 at some serious bass levels.  They were impressed what these "budget" headphones were able to do with a FIIO amp.  

Jul 5, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #7,257 of 12,992
  There was a headphone meet here in Houston past Saturday.  I got some people to listen to the JVC sz1000 at some serious bass levels.  They were impressed what these "budget" headphones were able to do with a FIIO amp.  

Bringing the C5 and SZ2000s to a meet was worth it just to see the one guy's reaction who tried them, because you know exactly what that feeling is. 

Jul 5, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #7,258 of 12,992

Bringing the C5 and SZ2000s to a meet was worth it just to see the one guy's reaction who tried them, because you know exactly what that feeling is. 

Spread the word brother willsw..

Aaaaand .......when you............seeeeeeeee,

A brotha who does not have the basssssssssssssssssssss
in......his ....heart

Put the bassssssssssssssss baaaaaaaaaaack ..........in his heart.

Can I gettttttttttttt....a 35Hz note?

Amen!!

Jul 5, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #7,260 of 12,992

Users who are viewing this thread

Back