The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 1, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #7,231 of 12,992
The decision has been made.

It was a good try 
biggrin.gif

I'll put up a review of the technics after the looooong weekend....

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #7,232 of 12,992
The decision has been made.

It was a good try :D

I'll put up a review of the technics after the looooong weekend....

Thanks Chilly for that battle fun. Look forward to your review. That Technics might have to replace that Kraken Pro stuck on my son's head.

Jul 1, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #7,234 of 12,992
NICE!  Start them out young :D

The technics are a easy rec if they didn't need so much damn power to go full basshead. 

So that means I should give him one of my portable amps so I can buy one of those iFi micros :wink:

Jul 1, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #7,237 of 12,992
Yeah those Focals are super expensive and probably going to have launch hype signal:noise ratio for the longest time, so it would be awesome if someone did a paper test- how well does that work with open backs?

Jul 1, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #7,238 of 12,992
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah those Focals are super expensive and probably going to have launch hype signal:noise ratio for the longest time, so it would be awesome if someone did a paper test- how well does that work with open backs?

Ask them to send you a demo pair so somebody not on the gravy train can give us some input.

Jul 2, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #7,240 of 12,992

None of you guys with old Denons or Fostex have done this? I'm dissapointed...

There was some discussion of the old Denon's not too long ago iirc.

Jul 2, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #7,242 of 12,992

There was some discussion of the old Denon's not too long ago iirc.

I had the 7000's for about a week recently and thought it was noting special compared to the SZ2k, more detailed sure but I preferred the bass boom and overall sound on the 2k's.

Sorry I didn't make it clear, I was talking about removing the cups on old Denons/ Fostex dynamics, the FR image is of the Teaks (D5000s tweaked) with the wood cups removed... 

Jul 2, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #7,243 of 12,992
I'm glad the modas are still on the list. They're especially good for traveling. I'm in Maui for the weekend and my wife used them on the plane. She's not into this stuff at all but she kept telling me how much she liked them. Good thing I brought my xb90's with me.

Jul 3, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #7,244 of 12,992
  Long time no see Hawaiibadboy.

I went with the Fiio E12 instead because the C5 was harder to get in my country. It does have a +22db bass boost if you max out the gain at +15db plus the hardware bass switch which gives another +6 ~+7 bass boost? 

In my S6 I use PowerAmp and bump the bass to give that thump I want. The alpha release of PowerAmp works better than the stable release IMO.

On the same boat but using FiiO K1 as source along with Nexus 6P (PowerAmp Alpha) and windows (AIMP+Peace). With E12 and the +12db gain, I can't go beyond the half mark of the volume knob, it's gets all muddy/noisy with my current EQ.

Jul 3, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #7,245 of 12,992

On the same boat but using FiiO K1 as source along with Nexus 6P (PowerAmp Alpha) and windows (AIMP+Peace). With E12 and the +12db gain, I can't go beyond the half mark of the volume knob, it's gets all muddy/noisy with my current EQ.

Can you post a screenshot please? I'm willing to bet you need to lower your pregain on EQ and nothing else
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back