The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 27, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #7,201 of 12,992

Technics RP-DH1250   v.s. FOSTEX TH-X00
 ​
 ​
 ​
.​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

​
Technics RP-DH1250

Tested by @chillaxing
 ​
 ​
DAP

EQ

DAC/AMP

​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

​
FOSTEX TH-X00
 ​

Tested by @BB 808
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
DAP
Apple iPhone 6S Plus

EQ
Equalizer App by Audioforge Labs
20 Hz  Q=0.308  10.00 dB
63 Hz Q=0.545 14.00 dB
156 Hz  Q=1.000  6.00 dB

DAC/AMP
Chord Mojo
Bass Boost N/A
Gain Switch N/A

,​

TEST TRACK

@BB 808  Love the squirrels in the background.

It was lots of fun battling 808 on this.  It was like the old days.

I'm also thinking of making this a community thing with the regular members of this thread.

We'll take votes from you guys on who wins.  It will be like a underground hip-hop battle, the crowd declares the winner 

Jun 28, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #7,203 of 12,992
  My dad still owns it, and yeah I remember his had towers with 4 8's in it (may have even been the stemming seed of my bass hunger!) And I could rumble houses down the street. I just hope as its been in a basement for years, it still works!.  I think ill let him keep the 15 pound dual-cassette deck that came with his stack haha (my first mixtape making machine!)

I'd say not only a good find but you should tell your dad he's got good taste!

I've got my stereo hooked up to it right now - obviously it won't have the same headroom as my Hafler with 3x as much power, but this amp with SUPER BASS on still has shelves on the other end of my place rattling at moderate volumes.... I was very impressed.

Headphone out is worth using.

When I fix up my Hafler it will get fully restored, rewired, new pots, etc, fully cleaned out

Thanks @BB 808 and @chillaxing for putting on something fun to watch

Jun 28, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #7,204 of 12,992
Oh-kay. Bluetooth. Wireless. I tried the Sony's (MDRXB950). Hated them. They just didn't cut it for me. No real thump. Someone mentioned the Hesh 2's earlier in the week. Meh. They sound better wired than wireless and that defeats the purpose. But if it's all you've got, go with it. I use them if I think I might fall asleep as, they are expendable. 

Now for the surprise: I had some Bluedio R+ that were sweet but were too fragile and eventually bit the dust as had it's predecessors.

However, the new Bluedio T3's came out and were said to be fairly indestructible due to a new alloy construction. I got a good deal on a new pair ($59) and boy was I surprised. Build quality for the most part is uncharacteristically good (except for an unexpected clacking sound when you take the headphones from the folded position into ready-to-wear position. Not a deal breaker for what I want (to listen to movies, audio teaching, music wirelessly and be free to move about the house). To start off, they are bouncin' on 57's and give me good mids and highs. Lead singers are where they should be (out front but blended) and there is even good separation in the background singers and instrumentation when they are layered. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised that this class of can had so much to offer. Generally, you expect that its more expensive siblings would give you this kind of balance and thump. Mind you...$59 dollars.
It's not refined like V-Moda but it has it's own area...More like the street kid in better clothes but...he's still a street kid who will tussle with you if you mess with him. It's those 57's, lol.

Cons: They feel like a vise on your head and 2. That clacking sound ruins what could be a more upscale experience overall (It only does that when the two cups hit each other, but still...). 

You guys know that Momma likes to throw Fiddy's In Da Club at new cans to see how they make the grade. This time, I decided to throw one of my favorite Gospel tunes at it to see if it could handle the thump. Not bad, I have to say! They thump AND let me hear tinkling cymbals! The manufacturer suggests burn-in. I would have to agree that it needs to warm up and flex and relax the diaphragm to give you what its got.  

For the full specs:

http://www.bluedio.com/en/product/56

Jun 28, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #7,207 of 12,992
  Oh-kay. Bluetooth. Wireless. I tried the Sony's (MDRXB950). Hated them. They just didn't cut it for me. No real thump. Someone mentioned the Hesh 2's earlier in the week. Meh. They sound better wired than wireless and that defeats the purpose. But if it's all you've got, go with it. I use them if I think I might fall asleep as, they are expendable. 
  Now for the surprise: I had some Bluedio R+ that were sweet but were too fragile and eventually bit the dust as had it's previous successors.

However, the new Bluedio T3's came out and were said to be fairly indestructible due to a new alloy construction. I got a good deal on a new pair ($59) and boy was I surprised. Build quality for the most part is uncharacteristically good (except for an unexpected clacking sound when you take the headphones from the folded position into ready-to-wear position. Not a deal breaker for what I want (to listen to movies, audio teaching, music wirelessly and be free to move about the house). To start off, they are bouncin' on 57's and give me good mids and highs. Lead singers are where they should be (out front but blended) and there is even good separation in the background singers and instrumentation when they are layered. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised that this class of can had so much to offer. Generally, you expect that its more expensive siblings would give you this kind of balance and thump. Mind you...$59 dollars.
It's not refined like V-Moda but it has it's own area...More like the street kid in better clothes but...he's still a street kid who will tussle with you if you mess with him. It's those 57's, lol.

Cons: They feel like a vise on your head and 2. That clacking sound ruins what could be a more upscale experience overall (It only does that when the two cups hit each other, but still...). 

You guys know that Momma likes to throw Fiddy's In Da Club at new cans to see how they make the grade. This time, I decided to throw one of my favorite Gospel tunes at it to see if it could handle the thump. Not bad, I have to say! They thump AND let me hear tinkling cymbals! The manufacturer suggests burn-in. I would have to agree that it needs to warm up and flex and relax the diaphragm to give you what its got.  

For the full specs:

57mm titanium....

57 is generic "V" response almost always so the titanium holding up that driver for a harder push would be nice....maybe.

I will try to hear these. Thanks for the heads up!

Jun 28, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #7,208 of 12,992

Now for the surprise: I had some Bluedio R+ that were sweet but were too fragile and eventually bit the dust as had it's previous successors.

For the full specs:

57mm titanium....

57 is generic "V" response almost always so the titanium holding up that driver for a harder push would be nice....maybe.

I will try to hear these. Thanks for the heads up!

Quite right there HawaiiBadBoy...

I was actually looking at this, but I think I've read it's more plastic-y in construction and some parts are only metal. The design and color/tone of the cans may make most think it's an all metal or mostly metal build or something. I think the driver is minimally titanilized. Can't be real time titanium coating like high end $300+ cans. Not possible at that price. I have real cheap American Audio headphones, they also have a 57mm drivers. The driver is standard, nothing extraordinary to be honest. I'd go as far as saying that I replaced my 57mm drivers with 40mm ones (one 57mm got busted due to too much excursion). The 40mm ones are louder, have more bass and more mids now. So there... 57mm kind of went kapput.

For the price it could be good, but that's that. Yeah, this is hardcore V curve stuff. But with Bluetooth and stuff at this bare-bone pricepoint, Bluedio surely is making a lot of waves. BTW most of their cans have 57mm drivers. It's becoming a de facto standard in these budget cans now.

Jun 28, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #7,209 of 12,992
I've had all the initially released Bluedios (Hurricane, H2 Shooting Brake, T2, R+ Legends and now T3). They are targeted to the Beats crowd at a disposable (literally) price-point. Historically, the operative word has been "cheap" both in build and in price...Don't look for high build quality. It isn't there. It isn't meant to be there. That said, the T3 is a departure from their easily breakable plastic predecessors and the most durable of the new line before you get into their pricey gear, because of complaints of abysmal durability. Because I have owned so many versions of this brand, I would never pay more than the $59 dollars that I paid to try these out. There are pricier versions (most notably The Victory $249) but I would have to be sent a test version for review instead of plunking down hundreds of dollars due to their quality history with me. Keeping in mind that my reasons for having these is strictly for wireless (rough-house) freedom. I will upgrade my V-Moda M-100's to wireless for quality, refinement and the excellence that I enjoy with the wired version. But I handle those babies with great care and don't rough-house them. The Bluedios get bandied about...a lot. Just wanted to clear that up, 
beyersmile.png

All of the entry-level wireless are going head-to-head at the cash register (the Sony's are around $99 - $129, the Hesh 2's at $99 and the T3's are $59 - $79 priced to cut into the Beats market) 

Note to Chillaxin: I found your Technics for $118 (new)! I just wish that they were wireless! 

Jun 28, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #7,210 of 12,992
Halfer amps/preamps sound so good, but the build quality is so crappy. The circuitry is top notch, but little things like the RCA inputs and speaker posts all are so fragile.

yup, a thermal sensor died, so the amp actually totally works fine, but i'm well aware of the corners they cut, and intend on un-cutting them while i have it all open :)

Note to Chillaxin: I found your Technics for $118 (new)! I just wish that they were wireless! 

Amazon or where?! I gotta have a set!

Jun 28, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #7,214 of 12,992
Jun 28, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #7,215 of 12,992

I'll be patient, then.

Thanks all for the links & help...

i'll definitely try the Technics out sometime soon :D

Just a thought...Generally when an item is EOL'd it will go on sale at a greatly reduced price to clear the warehouse. The product was originally $269.99 and then reduced to $129.99 and then down to apparently $80 on the Panasonic site. It is now listed as "Unavailable." When you speak with a Rep, you are steered to the RP-DJ1205-S at $229.99. I asked if the 1250 was coming back and the CSR said that they "didn't have that information." To be on the safe side, be aware that the 1250 may not reappear on their website, and most definitely not at that lower price point. If this is an EOL situation, the 1250's that are available are the last of a breed and the DJ1205 is the replacement. In other words, waiting could cost you. Just a head's up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back