The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jun 15, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #7,126 of 12,992

Chilly throwing shade at the TH-X00 clique
popcorn.gif

Bring it !!

Track mentioned as hard as it ill go.
Gear in vid (end)
Settings shared

LOLz. Pretty shady I'd say. 

Jun 15, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #7,128 of 12,992
  I'm calling out the person that did the TH-x00 vid to a bass off 
biggrin.gif

We are thinking about putting the technics up in the top 5.  Its a big change in the list and that means dethroning the TH600/x00 as the gate keeper for the Top 5.

We will do a new vid using Bass Mechniks "competition Hz", you will need to show your rig and eq settings.

EQ:
40 Hz Q=0.308 6.000 dB
156 Hz Q=0.545 2.700 dB 

AMP: Chord Mojo
Bass Boost N/A
Gain switch N/A
Vol 50-60%

Jun 15, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #7,129 of 12,992

*waving* to everyone!  

So...(excluding any ties) With the addition of the Kannons, Th-X00's and the Technics, we could see the loss of the Detox and/or the V-Modas from our list? I'd better get tissue - I'm sentimental like that!

Jun 15, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #7,132 of 12,992

*waving* to everyone!  
  So...(excluding any ties) With the addition of the Kannons, Th-X00's and the Technics, we could see the loss of the Detox and/or the V-Modas from our list? I'd better get tissue - I'm sentimental like that!

I know how you feel.... this is good for the thread though.

The list for over- ears was so stagnant, I was starting to think there wasn't anymore basshead sets.

with the intro of the Kannons and Technics, it means there are still sets out there we haven't tested and there are sets out there that people have that might be potential bombers that we don't know about.

Nooo not the M100, I will have to protest with my picket signs if we remove it completely!

I don't think the m100 are going to get kicked out of the list.

We'll talk about the tactions when they come out.

I'm oldschool basshead, I believe the drivers should be the one doing all the work to put out pressure to create the vibrations.

I'm not knocking anyone that likes it, I'm just not down with the rumble packs or the likes.

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #7,133 of 12,992

I know how you feel.... this is good for the thread though.

The list for over- ears was so stagnant, I was starting to think there wasn't anymore basshead sets.

with the intro of the Kannons and Technics, it means there are still sets out there we haven't tested and there are sets out there that people have that might be potential bombers that we don't know about.

I don't think the m100 are going to get kicked out of the list.

We'll talk about the tactions when they come out.

I'm oldschool basshead, I believe the drivers should be the one doing all the work to put out pressure to create the vibrations.

I'm not knocking anyone that likes it, I'm just not down with the rumble packs or the likes.

Sup, dude. I just wonder why would any bassheads get any other bassy headphone after getting SZ2000 and TH900. It just makes no sense. 

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #7,134 of 12,992

EQ:
40 Hz Q=0.308 6.000 dB
156 Hz Q=0.545 2.700 dB 

AMP: Chord Mojo
Bass Boost N/A
Gain switch N/A
Vol 50-60%

Bro......you ******* HAWAIIAN!!!!
biggrin.gif

Can you do the video for the official battle  exactly like you did (mad props) and when the test starts put the camera with the lens almost at height with the paper and stationary (tripod...on a book or something..)

Then Chilly can do the same with a camera about as far as you placed yours.

We can prep a gift laden battle post. You and chilly PM your vids to each other and if you think it's comparable then we set the stage and you guys do battle. Gives the thread watchers something to wait for. You guys discuss the rough cuts and we post the directors cut/battle vid when you guys are ready

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #7,135 of 12,992
imput required please.

my music: rock, jazz and blues

which basshead cans would you suggest that has tight and deep bass (when asked for)
 but also has alot of balance and detail across
the spectrum too...great mids and treble...and is also very musical.

i`m considering the fostex massdrop thx00...but just wondering about others
ie hifi man 560 or others.  i love bass that is deep and tight,
 but not if it overwhelms or bleeds into the other parts.

currently have senn hd650 and sony mdr 7520.

Jun 16, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #7,136 of 12,992
Does the 7520 not get enough bass for you even with eq and bass boost? Does it get too muddled when you boost the bass region?

From this thread I can tell you that the level of bass to qualify as a bass head can usually disregards mids and highs for a full on bass engulfment. So I can't say the he560 is a bass head can but with the jerg mod it could very well be the tight, impacting and extending sound you're looking for.
imput required please.

which basshead cans would you suggest that has tight and deep bass (when asked for)

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #7,137 of 12,992

Sup, dude. I just wonder why would any bassheads get any other bassy headphone after getting SZ2000 and TH900. It just makes no sense. 

Cuz one of the best things you can get in life, are choices :wink:

Quote:
  imput required please.

None of the hifiman did for me in terms of bass. i own the he400i and owned the he500.

I love my lcd2 non-f.  thx00 would be a great choice.  I owned the th600 and consensus say that the x00 is a better version of the 600 in terms of mids and highs.

I listen to all three genres and with my lcd2.  if you like sparkly highs they might not be for you.  I like my treble natural and rolled off

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #7,138 of 12,992

Cuz one of the best things you can get in life, are choices :wink:

None of the hifiman did for me in terms of bass. i own the he400i and owned the he500.

I love my lcd2 non-f.  thx00 would be a great choice.  I owned the th600 and consensus say that the x00 is a better version of the 600 in terms of mids and highs.

I listen to all three genres and with my lcd2.  if you like sparkly highs they might not be for you.  I like my treble natural and rolled off

This. Seriously I don't care for high fidelity that much. Listening to Louis Armstrong's trumpet is a pain if the treble does not roll off a bit. Strident is the word I would use, if I may. Most people just care for good bass and lush mids, really - yet many won't admit it.

Cheers,
Louis 

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #7,139 of 12,992
 Bro......you ******* HAWAIIAN!!!!:D

Can you do the video for the official battle  exactly like you did (mad props) and when the test starts put the camera with the lens almost at height with the paper and stationary (tripod...on a book or something..)

Then Chilly can do the same with a camera about as far as you placed yours.

We can prep a gift laden battle post. You and chilly PM your vids to each other and if you think it's comparable then we set the stage and you guys do battle. Gives the thread watchers something to wait for. You guys discuss the rough cuts and we post the directors cut/battle vid when you guys are ready

Haha just like those battles from the early days of this thread. Alright let me work on mine and then send a link to Chilly and when he's done...
Let's get ready to R U M B L E.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VOvDTCbcHe0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back