The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 8, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #5,431 of 12,992

Actually, the 77x are pretty good for higher freqs too. I also have the Beyerdynamic DT770 pro, and I listen to the JVCs more. They are quite enjoyable. Since you like the JVC  signature, I recommend the 77x. You might be disappointed  with the lack of bass in others.

I don't rec the 77's much because the mids can be too scooped for some.

That said...

This is one of the more amazing vids I ever did. That first 3 seconds is 20-25Hz...******* nutz absolutely nutz then at :25 it starts torquing .....boom

Here's the thing about bass...real bass, the kind you feel so you can see it too...

A dude can spend very little and if he's adventurous add some aluminum tape to increase the spl a tad and he's got as much bass and more than almost any can anywhere.

These cans in this vid introduced me to epic and caused me to conclude a # of folks saying
(for example) the Pro 900 would hit harder... they were totally on drugs, lying through their teeth...doing drugs and lying through their teeth or they simply never amped 35 Hz by 16dB.

That paper test killed the Pro 900 and prevented the crowning of many future fake kings, 1770 pro, AQNH, Sony Z7, among others.
 So yeah,
Kid with an e12 and a set of 77 and maybe aluminum lining is not gonna bump into anybody that can out bass them unless the other guy got SZ or Some HE running of a vintage amp.
If anyone bumps into a person going portable with a vintage please forward the pic to this thread cuz that would be ghetto as hell and I'd like to talk bass with mr lunatic
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #5,432 of 12,992

I don't rec the 77's much because the mids can be too scooped for some.

That said...

This is one of the more amazing vids I ever did. That first 3 seconds is 20-25Hz...******* nutz absolutely nutz then at :25 it starts torquing .....boom

Here's the thing about bass...real bass, the kind you feel so you can see it too...

A dude can spend very little and if he's adventurous add some aluminum tape to increase the spl a tad and he's got as much bass and more than almost any can anywhere.

These cans in this vid introduced me to epic and caused me to conclude a # of folks saying
(for example) the Pro 900 would hit harder... they were totally on drugs, lying through their teeth...doing drugs and lying through their teeth or they simply never amped 35 Hz by 16dB.

That paper test killed the Pro 900 and prevented the crowning of many future fake kings, 1770 pro, AQNH, Sony Z7, among others.
 So yeah,
Kid with an e12 and a set of 77 and maybe aluminum lining is not gonna bump into anybody that can out bass them unless the other guy got SZ or Some HE running of a vintage amp.
If anyone bumps into a person going portable with a vintage please forward the pic to this thread cuz that would be ghetto as hell and I'd like to talk bass with mr lunatic
tongue.gif

you asked for it...

@Hawaiibadboy @Silent One
A nod to celebrate PhoenixG's recent purchase .::  ::.

The little 
tongue_smile.gif
 sibling seen in the wild Monday night at the Redondo Beach Public Library.

Patrons inside the library were speaking in hushed tones, so I politely jacked Phono 1.
Two hours later, I arrived for a session @ SBUX. Out came the 4-pin xlr adapter for the
modded HE-6. I tapped the speaker outputs and cranked up the volume!

Edit: This guy is a G!

"Portable what...."

"Here...check this out..."

Man walks out of room with his **** hanging down to the floor and chest puffed out, while pulling his portable vintage amp on a dolly....

Dec 8, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #5,433 of 12,992

you asked for it...

@Hawaiibadboy @Silent One
A nod to celebrate PhoenixG's recent purchase .::  ::.

The little 
tongue_smile.gif
 sibling seen in the wild Monday night at the Redondo Beach Public Library.

Patrons inside the library were speaking in hushed tones, so I politely jacked Phono 1.
Two hours later, I arrived for a session @ SBUX. Out came the 4-pin xlr adapter for the
modded HE-6. I tapped the speaker outputs and cranked up the volume!

Edit: This guy is a G!

"Portable what...."

"Here...check this out..."

Man walks out of room with his **** hanging down to the floor and chest puffed out, while pulling his portable vintage amp on a dolly....

a.k.a

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #5,436 of 12,992
A few questions:

Is it feasible to hook up multiple amps along the same path for additive bass boost? Ie, If I got a micro idsd but wanted more bass boost, could I hook up another portable amp with bass boost between it and my headphones for an additive boost, or is that just crazy talk?

Are there standalone hardware equalizers that would work between idsd and headphones?

Could I hook up a digital device, eg fiio x series, between the idsd and headphones for software eq?

I just really need something with spdif to analog converter and strong bass boosting for my gaming, music, and movie needs.

Does the bass boost on the ican knock the socks off the boost on the idsd?

I'm having a real tough time trying to burn a ~$500 hole in my pocket to setup up the best sounding, bassiest ps4/xb1/pc/note 4 system to use with my SZ2000s. The option of adding another amp with bass boost or a hardware eq would make the idsd a no brained for me due to is versatility and future proofness. I just live in the middle of nowhere and can't really test these things out.

I'll sacrifice portability for now if I must so I have something to look forward to everyday coming home from work.

Please help! I don't know enough about what these devices are all capable of. I may be trying to have my cake and eat it too.

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #5,437 of 12,992
A few questions:

Is it feasible to hook up multiple amps along the same path for additive bass boost? Ie, If I got a micro idsd but wanted more bass boost, could I hook up another portable amp with bass boost between it and my headphones for an additive boost, or is that just crazy talk?

Are there standalone hardware equalizers that would work between idsd and headphones?

Could I hook up a digital device, eg fiio x series, between the idsd and headphones for software eq?

I just really need something with spdif to analog converter and strong bass boosting for my gaming, music, and movie needs.

I'm having a real tough time trying to burn a ~$500 hole in my pocket to setup up the best sounding, bassiest ps4/xb1/pc/note 4 system to use with my SZ2000s. The option of adding another amp with bass boost or a hardware eq would make the idsd a no brained for me due to is versatility and future proofness. I just live in the middle of nowhere and can't really test these things out.

I'll sacrifice portability for now if I must so I have something to look forward to everyday coming home from work.

Please help! I don't know enough about what these devices are all capable of. I may be trying to have my cake and eat it too.

I recall someone on this very thread using a C5 as preamp to E12. So yes it's doable. But. Any unwanted distortion added by C5 will also be amplified by your 2nd amp. So might work fine, might sound like azz.

This will cost you nothing (30 free trial). Download Jriver Mediacenter. Create Playlist to sync to your DAP. Then go to DSP to be applied to sync and tweak the EQ or select Virtual Sub size. Songs will then sync to your DAP with those enhancements applied. If you want to go nuts you can get a VST plugin to add synthetic sub-harmonic bass.

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #5,438 of 12,992
It's always fun being out on the town with 'Baby Sinister.' I've encountered some interesting questions:
Men: Small talk leading to..."Mind if I turn the knob?"
Women: "Is it safe?"
Boys: "Can it change into a Robot?"
Girls: "Can it make cookies & cupcakes?"
:D

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #5,439 of 12,992
A few questions:

I push my SZ to the limits of the drivers and human ear safety. You really need a touch of eq (software) as icing on the hardware cake.

Dec 10, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #5,440 of 12,992
It's always fun being out on the town with 'Baby Sinister.' I've encountered some interesting questions:
Men: Small talk leading to..."Mind if I turn the knob?"
Women: "Is it safe?"
Boys: "Can it change into a Robot?"
Girls: "Can it make cookies & cupcakes?"
biggrin.gif

Just thought I share it over here :)

It was the best "portable" setup i ever seen

You should strap a small deep cycle AGM battery on there and run the amp off of that...

Ghetto as ****, but truly portable and truly... BOSS :)

Dec 10, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #5,441 of 12,992

Just thought I share it over here :)

It was the best "portable" setup i ever seen

You should strap a small deep cycle AGM battery on there and run the amp off of that...

Ghetto as ****, but truly portable and truly... BOSS :)

Oh that's the ghetto fabulous dude?

Where are my manners
redface.gif

Welcome to Basshead ghetto rig dude
beerchug.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #5,442 of 12,992

I push my SZ to the limits of the drivers and human ear safety. You really need a touch of eq (software) as icing on the hardware cake.

Is there a recommended eq starting point for the SZ2000s for those of us that haven't done any real eq before? Like, up x db here, x db here, and here, etc.

I still need to figure out which program to get for at home use (macbook pro with jriver) and I guess I'll mess around with my Fiio gen 1 X3's very limited EQ just read a comment above that let me find the jriver equalizer, and how to export files with those settings to my DAP. Decided to go with the Cayin C5 as I'm not quite in the position to drop the needed dollars on an Ifi micro. Was hoping that it would get to me concurrently or before the headphones, but it looks like it will arrive later (technically, still need to buy one, if anyone's looking to let one go for around $100 with the accessories that I have yet to have accumulated a stockpile of because this will be my first portable amp). 

I was here earlier in the thread - fretting over whether I should get the HA-MR77X and deciding to go ATH-WS99. They've been pleasant, I can listen to jazz and stuff too. But they're not satisfying my bassic desires.

Described these headphones to my dad and he told me someone had emailed him something about "bassheads" on head-fi being curious about the microZOTL2.0 driving some of these bassy headphones. At least, that was his inexact recollection over lunch. If that wasn't his po'boy talking, I could give some impressions, though currently they would only be versus the Cayin when I get one and an older, primarily DAC but also an amp, Citypulse DA-2.03. Probably could find some vintage amps though. We'll see what's around, and what's functional.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #5,443 of 12,992

Is there a recommended eq starting point for the SZ2000s for those of us that haven't done any real eq before? Like, up x db here, x db here, and here, etc.

I still need to figure out which program to get for at home use (macbook pro with jriver) and I guess I'll mess around with my Fiio gen 1 X3's very limited EQ just read a comment above that let me find the jriver equalizer, and how to export files with those settings to my DAP. Decided to go with the Cayin C5 as I'm not quite in the position to drop the needed dollars on an Ifi micro. Was hoping that it would get to me concurrently or before the headphones, but it looks like it will arrive later (technically, still need to buy one, if anyone's looking to let one go for around $100 with the accessories that I have yet to have accumulated a stockpile of because this will be my first portable amp). 

I was here earlier in the thread - fretting over whether I should get the HA-MR77X and deciding to go ATH-WS99. They've been pleasant, I can listen to jazz and stuff too. But they're not satisfying my bassic desires.

Described these headphones to my dad and he told me someone had emailed him something about "bassheads" on head-fi being curious about the microZOTL2.0 driving some of these bassy headphones. At least, that was his inexact recollection over lunch. If that wasn't his po'boy talking, I could give some impressions, though currently they would only be versus the Cayin when I get one and an older, primarily DAC but also an amp, Citypulse DA-2.03. Probably could find some vintage amps though. We'll see what's around, and what's functional.

Built to get the most detail out of 70's rock and can be used for bass tracks with a slight boost on 31 and 62 but leave the 125-1k  in the -dB region IMO

BTW this plays America - Ventura Highway pretty good since I built that eq with that song

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #5,444 of 12,992

Built to get the most detail out of 70's rock and can be used for bass tracks with a slight boost on 31 and 62 but leave the 125-1k  in the -dB region IMO

BTW this plays America - Ventura Highway pretty good since I built that eq with that song

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back