The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Nov 12, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #5,191 of 12,992
  Is the JVC SZ2000 really harder hitting than the Fostex TH900?
My first impression are the TH900 hit much harder.

it seems like you already tried both but yet you ask if the th900 hits harder than the SZ's.

seriously nothing hits as hard as the Sz's.  you've seen countless videos.

if your still in doubt.  Why don't make a video and show us.

I see you have a idsd and th900.   If you can make those 900s do this.  then we'll question the SZ's reign at the top.

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #5,193 of 12,992
Anybody have experience with the Pandora Hope (Sonorous) VI? Wondering if they are a Japanese sleeper bass monster, or just a snoozer?

Saw these get the **** blown out of em
popcorn.gif

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #5,194 of 12,992
Holy **** Batman!  Listen to that distortion.  

They were still working after the first track.....amazing

Edit:  I was just thinking.  HBB look at what you did.  Making people destroy there precious headphone trying to prove a point.... You should be ashamed...  ROFL

Bro..That was a major...

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #5,195 of 12,992
  Edit:  I was just thinking.  HBB look at what you did.  Making people destroy there precious headphone trying to prove a point.... You should be ashamed...  ROFL

This is a good point to address.

I actually listen to my bass at test levels. I know they are not distorting because I listen and then test to that level. My SZ have done many crazy bass tests but only once did I push too hard and that was because after the over ear check I decided to turn the gain a pinch more...a big NO NO.
Never did that again and have never blown any cans.

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #5,197 of 12,992

This is a good point to address.

I actually listen to my bass at test levels. I know they are not distorting because I listen and then test to that level. My SZ have done many crazy bass tests but only once did I push too hard and that was because after the over ear check I decided to turn the gain a pinch more...a big NO NO.
Never did that again and have never blown any cans.

+1 

I clown around a lot cuz you need to laugh at stupid ****, but you guys need to listen for distortion before doing aany bass test.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #5,198 of 12,992
Back to the Pandora/Sonorous though, that video didn't really help anything. I thought the point of the paper test was to amp/EQ just below distortion to see what they can do. For all we know they could hit pretty hard, but we can't tell what their max distortion-free level is.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #5,199 of 12,992
Back to the Pandora/Sonorous though, that video didn't really help anything. I thought the point of the paper test was to amp/EQ just below distortion to see what they can do. For all we know they could hit pretty hard, but we can't tell what their max distortion-free level is.

True.
 He was double amping in that vid and makes no apologies. Some folks burn money others blow **** up.

The Pandora have an interesting back plate IIRC. They do hit ...the VI Hope did but i never paper tested em and as we can see old boy went nuts. he owns 20 other sets so no biggie.

You thinking of getting the Sonorous?

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #5,200 of 12,992

True.
 He was double amping in that vid and makes no apologies. Some folks burn money others blow **** up.

The Pandora have an interesting back plate IIRC. They do hit ...the VI Hope did but i never paper tested em and as we can see old boy went nuts. he owns 20 other sets so no biggie.

I had tested VI and wasn't impressed at all.......

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #5,203 of 12,992

True.

I saw them as an option for audition on livesoundwave.com so I thought I would ask. I ended up doing an audition of the Audeze LCD-2 and Fostex TH900 :)

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #5,204 of 12,992
Can any headphone bass experts here suggest an amp / dac / headphone combo that will get me as close to replicating what GOOD speakers can do with explosions in PC games as possible? I don't expect the ground to shake obviously, but I've been chasing an eargasmic experience from a friends complete home theater setup while watching a battlefield 3 trailer for years. I know it's impossible, but I'm trying to figure out how close I can even get to that with my budget of 800. To explain the exact type of sound, it was a body / ear piercing tight bass impact from a bomb explosion. You could literally feel the shockwave. Dice did an incredible job with the sounds on this game, and being able to fully experience it as if it was almost real is a goal of mine. I currently live in a loft and won't be moving to an actual house where I can get the speaker set up for awhile. I've tried the AKG Q 71's, while the sound stage is great, clear high quality crisp audio, the bass when gaming is just not accurate or strong enough in the least. What would you guys suggest that could get close to what I'm talking about?

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #5,205 of 12,992

it seems like you already tried both but yet you ask if the th900 hits harder than the SZ's.

seriously nothing hits as hard as the Sz's.  you've seen countless videos.

if your still in doubt.  Why don't make a video and show us.

I see you have a idsd and th900.   If you can make those 900s do this.  then we'll question the SZ's reign at the top.

Sure enough the SZ2000  hits harder, I just initially listened to it at low volume.
When doing A/B tests with the TH900, it definitely has the noticeable edge!
Really amazing stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back