The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Nov 12, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #5,177 of 12,992
Just started listening to, uh, a definitely legal "stream" of the new Freddie Gibbs album and finally decided that I definitely need something to most effectively satisfy bass desire before I reach the "low-end boy" stage of my headphone existence. So why not go with the the solution that seems most simply, slightly sloppily, but admirably effective according to my reading so far? HAMR Time. Or, rather, HA-MR77X time, because I want the dash. But is there a difference between the HA-MR77X and the HA-MR77X-E? Actually the Amazon listing says: HA-MR77X-E (HAMR77XE), just to be extra confusing. 

Or instead of $32 shipped from China MR77Xs just go with the $53 shipped from Newegg (EDIT: OH JUST KIDDING they're WS55s and not a deal) WS99s? By the way, those are two good deals going on right now, FYI. Or just wait, trawl the for sale forum, and hope the bassy in-ears that should arrive in a couple days satisfy.

But what's with the -E? 

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #5,178 of 12,992

So you won't be satisfied with the ATH either.
Same conclusion -- save the money.
ksc75smile.gif

You're so right lool. As i had said i had already ordered SZ2000 and it had already been shipped when i ordered WS1100. But it's not lost. I needed a set of headphones for djing as well. I think the ASG2.5 will become the one of will use the most. Then i'll see how it goes.......i will try to sell the FXZ200 even if in France as it's not famous it may be hard but i'll try. The WS1100 will hopefully replace my loyal vmoda m100 which still for the moment is the best all around headphone i've had (bass,clairy,trebel,portability,weight,durability,sensitivity,etc...). 

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #5,179 of 12,992
not only that, as humans we are always curious to try new stuff.

or if like me trying to find the "one".

most likely is all bs and you just want more headphones than you can listen to
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll wait to receive the ASG 2.5 and see how it goes maybe i'll sell all the rest if it's the one :)...............cause honestly i love bass but don't need the freaking hard slam of the SZ2000s. It can make my eardrum shake hard and this even worries me a bit 
basshead.gif
. I want to be able to enjoye music for a long time and even if we loose the high frequencies first, i don't think a bass that can make your eardrum vibrate is a good thing :p. This headphones is just too powerful in terms of bass !! WOW WOW WOW

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #5,180 of 12,992
  I'll wait to receive the ASG 2.5 and see how it goes maybe i'll sell all the rest if it's the one :)...............cause honestly i love bass but don't need the freaking hard slam of the SZ2000s. It can make my eardrum shake hard and this even worries me a bit 
basshead.gif
. I want to be able to enjoye music for a long time and even if we loose the high frequencies first, i don't think a bass that can make your eardrum vibrate is a good thing :p. This headphones is just too powerful in terms of bass !! WOW WOW WOW

There was a study done that showed orchestra members who played and practiced with instruments that reproduce higher freq's had a higher % of hearing loss.

It's not accepted science but it is to me that sitting with a set of subs playing a 30Hz note on a 30 second loop would be far more comfortable than a 5Khz note. I don't think i could take it for 1 loop (5Khz)

Nov 12, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #5,181 of 12,992

There was a study done that showed orchestra members who played and practiced with instruments that reproduce higher freq's had a higher % of hearing loss.

It's not accepted science but it is to me that sitting with a set of subs playing a 30Hz note on a 30 second loop would be far more comfortable than a 5Khz note. I don't think i could take it for 1 loop (5Khz)

Yes i've already read a lot about it but i just guess if i feel it makes my eardrum shake and i feel it's not good i guess it's because it's not good

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #5,182 of 12,992
Just started listening to, uh, a definitely legal "stream" of the new Freddie Gibbs album and finally decided that I definitely need something to most effectively satisfy bass desire before I reach the "low-end boy" stage of my headphone existence. So why not go with the the solution that seems most simply, slightly sloppily, but admirably effective according to my reading so far? HAMR Time. Or, rather, HA-MR77X time, because I want the dash. But is there a difference between the HA-MR77X and the HA-MR77X-E? Actually the Amazon listing says: HA-MR77X-E (HAMR77XE), just to be extra confusing. 

Or instead of $32 shipped from China MR77Xs just go with the $53 shipped from Newegg WS99s? By the way, those are two good deals going on right now, FYI. Or just wait, trawl the for sale forum, and hope the bassy in-ears that should arrive in a couple days satisfy.

But what's with the -E? 

I think the E is the Japanese version and nothing more. Look back a page and you'll see someone mentioned ordering JVC SZ2000-E and it was the same, but the box was in all Japanese.

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #5,184 of 12,992
I think the E is the Japanese version and nothing more. Look back a page and you'll see someone mentioned ordering JVC SZ2000-E and it was the same, but the box was in all Japanese.

The   "E"   is for E.U. edition

But either way the first dash should specify 57mm driver and the preferred model, I would assume. Thank you very much.

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #5,185 of 12,992

Or instead of $32 shipped from China MR77Xs just go with the $53 shipped from Newegg WS99s? By the way, those are two good deals going on right now, FYI. Or just wait, trawl the for sale forum, and hope the bassy in-ears that should arrive in a couple days satisfy.

But what's with the -E? 

The HA-MR77X are very hammer time
The HAMR77X   <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<no they are supposed to be off the market DO NOT get those

If you have an amp and eq get the HA-MR77X if no amp then ws99 would be better probably

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #5,188 of 12,992

The HA-MR77X are very hammer time
The HAMR77X   <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<no they are supposed to be off the market DO NOT get those

If you have an amp and eq get the HA-MR77X if no amp then ws99 would be better probably

I've got a 1st gen X3 coming but don't think I'll add another amp to that for a while, if at all; stationary amp: check. Got all the way to confirm order on the HA-MR77X and then backed off, thinking about overall sound quality, wearability while walking around, that they wouldn't arrive for a month. 

I think I'll just sit back, take in this new information, wait for lossless Gibbs, look at daveyostrows's WS99s for sale, keep an eye out for other options, and behave like a reasonable person. Definitely need to read more about EQing before I invest in a lot of the headphones recommended. 

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #5,189 of 12,992

I've got a 1st gen X3 coming but don't think I'll add another amp to that for a while, if at all; stationary amp: check. Got all the way to confirm order on the HA-MR77X and then backed off, thinking about overall sound quality, wearability while walking around, that they wouldn't arrive for a month. 

I think I'll just sit back, take in this new information, wait for lossless Gibbs, look at daveyostrows's WS99s for sale, keep an eye out for other options, and behave like a reasonable person. Definitely need to read more about EQing before I invest in a lot of the headphones recommended. 

That sounds like a level headed approach....doesn't happen much around here

Most of us got a ton of stuff we really don't need.

Meh, need shhhhhmeeeeed!!! I'm gettin some ws1100
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back