The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Nov 4, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #5,072 of 12,992
  When you install the app it asks you to install the driver on your soundcard. Did it do it well ? You can check if it's ok by running "configurator" in the Equalizer APO group in your program list (i'm using win7 so didn't test on 8 or 10)

If you don't hear a difference is that there is something wrong.............adding +10db on 30hz does produce a difference................

Thanks, I rebooted again and that fixed the issue. If you or @Hawaiibadboy have a config tailored to the SZ2000s, I'd love to see it.

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #5,073 of 12,992

When you install the app it asks you to install the driver on your soundcard. Did it do it well ? You can check if it's ok by running "configurator" in the Equalizer APO group in your program list (i'm using win7 so didn't test on 8 or 10)

If you don't hear a difference is that there is something wrong.............adding +10db on 30hz does produce a difference................

Thanks, I rebooted again and that fixed the issue. If you or @Hawaiibadboy
 have a config tailored to the SZ2000s, I'd love to see it.

Yep, Equalizer APO doesn't take effect when applied to a source until after reboot.

Nov 4, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #5,074 of 12,992
Hi all,

I've currently got sony mdr xb500 over ears, source is my htc one m8, soon to trial a sony NWZE585 instead. My s639 was something I adored, but it's dead now! Anyway I was wondering if I ought to be looking at new headphones or an amp first, I'm assuming the former will provide the best value for money at first?

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #5,075 of 12,992
The subbass on the WS1100 is a thing of beauty, lingers just long enough to satisfy your ears and not bore them. The depth and impact is brilliant and definitely an upgrade over the WS99. The texture is nice and makes you feel like you could scoop the bass with an ice cream spoon and eat it. Very tactile and visceral.

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #5,076 of 12,992
The subbass on the WS1100 is a thing of beauty, lingers just long enough to satisfy your ears and not bore them. The depth and impact is brilliant and definitely an upgrade over the WS99. The texture is nice and makes you feel like you could scoop the bass with an ice cream spoon and eat it. Very tactile and visceral.

How are the mids and highs compared to the ws99? I felt the ws99 had very detailed but bright highs with scooped out mids.

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #5,077 of 12,992
How are the mids and highs compared to the ws99? I felt the ws99 had very detailed but bright highs with scooped out mids.

You felt the ws99's had bright highs? Huh!

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #5,079 of 12,992
  Hi all,

I've currently got sony mdr xb500 over ears, source is my htc one m8, soon to trial a sony NWZE585 instead. My s639 was something I adored, but it's dead now! Anyway I was wondering if I ought to be looking at new headphones or an amp first, I'm assuming the former will provide the best value for money at first?

Well you are going to need an amp for most cans with large bass output potential.

I would get the amp first as to evaluate the true abilities of any cans. I found the SZ in that way. If i hadn't had an amp with me I would walked away in a few seconds.
If you are not a poweruser then maybe the cans first but you'll not know how hard they hit until your amp arrives.

I'm sold.
Was already sold when I heard but you keep driving home the sale
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #5,080 of 12,992

Would you say its a top 5 contender?

Hows the sound in a whole?

I'm about ready, but just need a little more impressions.

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #5,083 of 12,992
The WS1100 has the famous Audio Technica mids and restrained treble, its there when you need it but not excessive especially for me as I am sibilance prone. Definitely a top 5 contender bass though.

Never own AT gear, so don't know what the mids sound like.  But I like the restrained treble part.  Like you, I'm sensitive to sibilance and peaky treble.  

How's the stage on them?

Nov 5, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #5,084 of 12,992
Listening to the WS1100 and the bass definitely stands out, tight, fast and hard hitting. Even out of the Note 5, it's pretty impressive and with amping, it's definitely basshead material.

Weirdest pads I've ever seen though, very deep and comfortable but shallow on the sides.

Your right....

Might take away from impact?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back