The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jan 22, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #3,346 of 12,992

It;s ironic under my post about nothing being "off the shelf" ready this comes up. Most folks with the 500 and no amp may not realize the vicious pounding they put out.
Any Yamaha's pad depth and diameter choice is only eclipsed by JVC's stock pads in utter dumbness.

Agreed 100% with you. Even with the E12 powering them, if I don't hit that magical bass boost switch the bass isn't rattle my face strong. But as soon as I flip that little switch, all hell breaks loose :)

I just put some rolled up cotton under my pads tonight. Initial impressions are good, but I'll have to see if it improves the comfort level after a longer listening session.

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #3,348 of 12,992
  Holy! That JVC is really catching my eye.

You need an eq an amp and a change of pads or it's an illusion
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #3,350 of 12,992
I've been lurking on this thread for a while and decided to take the plunge and join the SZ2000/E12 Bass Club. All I can say is WOW!!! I didn't think bass like this was possible from a headphone. Its like your right next to the loudspeaker on the dance floor. This combination is just that good.  Special shout out to HawaiiBadBoy for discovering the synergy between these two components.  I tried to replace the stock pads with the Brainwavz HM5 pads but I got velour instead of leather and they seem to be too small.  I guess I will try something different next or purchase a pair of JVC HA-M55X's I saw here locally for the pads.

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #3,351 of 12,992
  I've been lurking on this thread for a while and decided to take the plunge and join the SZ2000/E12 Bass Club. All I can say is WOW!!! I didn't think bass like this was possible from a headphone. Its like your right next to the loudspeaker on the dance floor. This combination is just that good.  Special shout out to HawaiiBadBoy for discovering the synergy between these two components.  I tried to replace the stock pads with the Brainwavz HM5 pads but I got velour instead of leather and they seem to be too small.  I guess I will try something different next or purchase a pair of JVC HA-M55X's I saw here locally for the pads.

Your profile says your last post was 7 years ago..
 ​

Extreme bass is ****ing honored!!!

Get those new pads and the eq ...(you know the routine I spout if you been lurking) and you gets the bang and the vocalist/rapper and studio mixed in stuff is coming in fine.....on the back of some mammoth bass.

Again........honored!

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #3,352 of 12,992

Your profile says your last post was 7 years ago..
 ​

Extreme bass is ****ing honored!!!

Get those new pads and the eq ...(you know the routine I spout if you been lurking) and you gets the bang and the vocalist/rapper and studio mixed in stuff is coming in fine.....on the back of some mammoth bass.

Again........honored!

Lol, yeah its been awhile. I neglected to mentioned I purchased equalizer from the app store and followed your suggestions as baseline settings. I also tried MolaEqualizer which I quite like except it has bugs.  I can't wait to hear how these cans sound once I get some space between my ears and the drivers.

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #3,353 of 12,992
  Lol, yeah its been awhile. I neglected to mentioned I purchased equalizer from the app store and followed your suggestions as baseline settings. I also tried MolaEqualizer which I quite like except it has bugs.  I can't wait to hear how these cans sound once I get some space between my ears and the drivers.

If you are a chronic like me then gran the 55x pads and put them on

There is a groove they slide rite into. I spent way too long like a moron trying to pull then on till i found that notch/groove.
The bass transfer (energy) is supreme through those dense pads. After feeling the ability of the cans then you grab some comfort stuff like the HM5 that @TheDragonGuy got or the others.  Having the 55x pads around for when you wanna go epic is nice. I am such a ******* loon i have never moved on from the 55x pads.

No idea how anything besides the **** stock pads and dense 55x pads sound like.

That app you got is great as stuff like 2pac have higher hit's and I can slide the bump till i find the main hit then maybe add while Geto boys and heavy sub-bass stuff need the 30hz boost automatically.

Enjoy and fire off any questions or suggestions.
I was having a semi **** day until seeing a revived O.G. basshead grace our thread. Made my day bro.

Thanks

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #3,354 of 12,992
     What are the best bass headphones? 

This is the hunt for the "Top 10" Bass headphones on the consumer market. 
The list will be compiled and based on identical set-ups (or similar) and tracks with identical Eq sloping/boosting.

​

TOP 10  January 2015

6. JVC HA-MR77x

Driver size: 57mm Mylar (PET)

Impedance 46 Ohm
Amp Headroom: Good/Great 16-20dB @45Hz

EQ: Needs (to raise mids)
Genre' (Hip-Hop)
Weakness: mids sound like ass.

DAP: COWON iAudio10

EQ:
5 Band (Flat)

JetEffects :
BBE+8
Mach3Bass +9
Volume: 34

AMP: FiiO e12

Bass Boost "on"
Gain switch "on"
Vol 50-60%

hey Hawaiibadboy,
I bought the JVC HA-mr77x just because of this list and man, am I disappointed...
Well, I should have figured out that headphones that cost less than $70 couldn't be compared with higher level (and pricing) headphones.
Putting them in the 6th place, in my opinion, is a mistake - your list doesn't say best value to money bass headphone...
Their bass is nice and accurate but the mids and highs sound worse than iphone iems.
putting them in a better place than EVEN beats s absurd.

anyway - I've learned 2 lessons:
1. GO HEAR THE HEADPHONES BEFORE BUYING - although it's pretty impossible to it where I live.
2. Don't blindly follow another user ranking - even if you appreciate him and his opinion.

in summery - keep up the good work Badboy but please consider lowering the mr77x rank - for the sake of other people like me  

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #3,355 of 12,992

hey Hawaiibadboy,
I bought the JVC HA-mr77x just because of this list and man, am I disappointed...
Well, I should have figured out that headphones that cost less than $70 couldn't be compared with higher level (and pricing) headphones.
Putting them in the 6th place, in my opinion, is a mustake - your list doesn't say best value to money bass headphone...
Their bass is nice and accurate but the mids and highs sound worse than iphone iems.
putting them in a better place than beats s absurd.

anyway - I've learned 2 lessons:
1. GO HEAR THE HEADPHONES BEFORE BUYING - although it's pretty impossible to it where I live.
2. Don't blindly follow another user ranking - even if you appreciate him and his opinion.

in summery - keep up the good work Badboy but please consider lowering the mr77x rank - for the sake of other people like me 
darthsmile.gif

Any reason you bolding your text?
I don't cater to folks who don't read.

The guy who came out of a cave after seven years was reading before proceeding. You don't read.
You get what you deserve. read the bottom of the the list where it says nothing beats an over the head listening experience and you never once posted in this thread despite having an account already. Beats? You must be trippin' and you got a FiiO e6

That's your amp.......

Enjoy the benefits of not paying attention.

Good time for a friendly Extremebass reminder:

The settings and equipment are listed in exactly the way the hits are obtained. If you do or use anything different than that you will not get the same result.
If for example your amp is the size of a matchbox car your gonna be bummed.

I need to say this?

Really?

The reason to share exact settings is to prevent a person from failing. I was hoping that was obvious.

The weakness of the 77x.......what did i say in the description? Read it. See it now?
Goodnight from Japan..I'm out...

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #3,356 of 12,992
 If you are a chronic like me then gran the 55x pads and put them on

There is a groove they slide rite into. I spent way too long like a moron trying to pull then on till i found that notch/groove.
The bass transfer (energy) is supreme through those dense pads. After feeling the ability of the cans then you grab some comfort stuff like the HM5 that @TheDragonGuy
got or the others.  Having the 55x pads around for when you wanna go epic is nice. I am such a ******* loon i have never moved on from the 55x pads.

No idea how anything besides the **** stock pads and dense 55x pads sound like.

That app you got is great as stuff like 2pac have higher hit's and I can slide the bump till i find the main hit then maybe add while Geto boys and heavy sub-bass stuff need the 30hz boost automatically.

Enjoy and fire off any questions or suggestions.
I was having a semi **** day until seeing a revived O.G. basshead grace our thread. Made my day bro.

Thanks

You should try the hm5. I wear these all day for gaminh and get massive boom when I want bass.

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #3,357 of 12,992

Any reason you bolding your text?
I don't cater to folks who don't read.

The guy who came out of a cave after seven years was reading before proceeding. You don't read.
You get what you deserve. read the bottom of the the list where it says nothing beats an over the head listening experience and you never once posted in this thread despite having an account already. Beats? You must be trippin' and you got a FiiO e6

That's your amp.......

Enjoy the benefits of not paying attention.

Good time for a friendly Extremebass reminder:

The settings and equipment are listed in exactly the way the hits are obtained. If you do or use anything different than that you will not get the same result.
If for example your amp is the size of a matchbox car your gonna be bummed.

I need to say this?

Really?

The reason to share exact settings is to prevent a person from failing. I was hoping that was obvious.

The weakness of the 77x.......what did i say in the description? Read it. See it now?
Goodnight from Japan..I'm out...

Hi again,
Point understood and taken into account for future posts.
When reading it again I noticed the "Weakness: mids sound like ass.".

Just two final things: I have the e6 - was bought 3-4 years ago. ordered the Topping NX1 and waiting for it to arrive, but even though I have that crappy amp I listen to music on my IBasso.
I admit im green and as you saw it's not hard to tell.. but I don't get audiophiles utter disgust with beats - no matter which model or version. Especially you, as a basshead , might benefit from overcoming the urge to vomit and listen the new beats studio. They're commercialized, tacky and every nobody that buys them thinks he mastered the mysteries of high def sound quality - but still  they have some jaw dropping bass responses.

Cheers mate.

Jan 22, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #3,358 of 12,992

Hi again,
Point understood and taken into account for future posts.
When reading it again I noticed the "Weakness: mids sound like ass.".

Just two final things: I have the e6 - was bought 3-4 years ago. ordered the Topping NX1 and waiting for it to arrive, but even though I have that crappy amp I listen to music on my IBasso.
I admit im green and as you saw it's not hard to tell.. but I don't get audiophiles utter disgust with beats - no matter which model or version. Especially you, as a basshead , might benefit from overcoming the urge to vomit and listen the new beats studio. They're commercialized, tacky and every nobody that buys them thinks he mastered the mysteries of high def sound quality - but still  they have some jaw dropping bass responses.

Cheers mate.

Hes not bashing on Beats.  This thread is based solely on bass response and impact.  There are vids on some Beats putting in work.  But it isn't up on the list cause compared to Cans on the list, they are not heavy hitters.

People bash on beats cause, yes they are the big dogs, they use to sound like ****, they are overpriced, and sometimes people just love to hate on certain brands.  I've recently listened to a pair of Beats Studio 2.0 and they are not bad at all compared to what they were 3 years ago.  I would say they are on par with AudioTechnica m50 with a little bit more bass.  I didn't get a chance to amp or eq them so don't know how the impact is.  It was my friends, so next time I see him I'll make sure to run it with my rig and report back with a vid.

So all in all, go get a good amp and spend a little more on the headphones, if you want the best of both worlds,  .  Like they say "you got to pay to play".  This place isn't based on opinions.  There are videos to show the proof in the pudding.  If you think there is a set of Cans that should be on the list.  Make a video with same parameters and gear used, and show us.

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #3,360 of 12,992
hi again , can you tell me some good eq apps for android and iphone , and how should i set up my crossfade and db 0-10 gain on e12 ?

For android it's definitely poweramp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back