The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Nov 19, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #2,656 of 12,993
  You really don't have to. And I don't really care about public's opinion on which of these cans is better or bassier, cause I am not planning to sell them.

I'll just be enjoying my music. 

And if anyone want to know more about these bass monster, I am here to help you decide, a actual music lover who LIVE with them. Bass in rock, EDM and rap is different and for best listening experience, this is one thing you need to care about

cheers

Well if you don't care what anyone else thinks why even bother coming here and giving us recommendations? And as far as rock, edm, rap I agree that the bass is different. The SZ2K does edm and rap great but I use different headphones for rock. That's something I can't listen to with these (as well as every other genre that doesn't do synthetic bass). 

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #2,657 of 12,993
  I own sz2000, xb1000, Beats Pro, ATH-ws99, Klipsch Status, JBL S700, and I just want to say that sz2000 is NOT the bassiest, nor the best sounding among all of these. Is there any possibility to rewrite the wiki about this topic?

That is a pretty big claim you got there my friend.  I have owned 3 of the top ten and the only one in the left in my arsenal are the SZ's

The proof is in the pudding.  Make a quick video and post it.

"Put out, or get out"

tumblr_inline_mys12bv04I1r6u0jl.gif

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #2,659 of 12,993
  Well if you don't care what anyone else thinks why even bother coming here and giving us recommendations? And as far as rock, edm, rap I agree that the bass is different. The SZ2K does edm and rap great but I use different headphones for rock. That's something I can't listen to with these (as well as every other genre that doesn't do synthetic bass). 

I would love to help anyone who shares similar music taste like me to decide. But I am not going to argue about starting a new wiki whatsoever. 

Cause I believe talking about bass impact based merely on paper test is not enough. For example, bass on sz2000 is more like creating a bassy atmosphere, "live sounding", throughout all frequencies, which I enjoy a lot on certain kinds of music; bass on beats Pro is more like creating a wider bass soundstage, only on low frequency, which may make the bass muddy and is not necessarily a bad thing; bass on beats studio is more about punchier drum kicks, which is good for some rap artists' music. 

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #2,660 of 12,993
actually - hey Edric Li, tell you how nice I will be.
Post me your SZ2000 and other headphones and I will conduct an unbiased BASS test for the masses on your behalf*

*please note I may not return said headphones but at least we will all be satisfied with gaining a conclusion

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #2,661 of 12,993
Here's the first paper test video I did today with the recent changes I did. I don't think I put the paper correctly though lol and it's recorded on a phone but you get the idea. Subwoofers on your head. You can hear the vibrations loudly.  And one thing I'd like to note is I obviously don't listen to them like this. The volume is without someone putting them on and the eq is higher than I personally listen to. This is just an example of how far the bass can go and to be honest the sky is a limit as far as EQ goes. I just went as high as I felt like.

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #2,662 of 12,993

That is a pretty big claim you got there my friend.  I have owned 3 of the top ten and the only one in the left in my arsenal are the SZ's

The proof is in the pudding.  Make a quick video and post it.

"Put out, or get out"

tumblr_inline_mys12bv04I1r6u0jl.gif

Hehe, I definitely would write some review or shot some video when I have time. 

Well, I don't know why and how now's top ten is selected, but I do think the more neutral M100 and some other gaming headphones should not be there. As you know, consumer heaphones are largely bassy, so it's not hard to find a "bass heavy" can under $75. I consider a can "basshead" only when it can do well in mids, treble, and not too bad on imaging, soundstaging and clarity. 

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #2,663 of 12,993
  Here's a quick paper test video I did with the recent changes I did. I don't think I put the paper correctly though lol and it's recorded on a phone but you get the idea. Subwoofers on your head. You can hear the vibrations loudly.  And one thing I'd like to note is I obviously don't listen to them like this. The volume is without someone putting them on. This is just an example of how far the bass can go and to be honest the sky is a limit as far as EQ goes. I just went as high as I felt like.

SZ2000 IS very bassy. Very. I never said it isn't. 

And it's treble is amazing due to two drivers design. I love my sz2000 just like you
gs1000.gif

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #2,664 of 12,993
I have a pair of review sample JVC HA-MR77x's sitting at home waiting for me, these are my first "proper" Bass cans. I am going to do a review of them here in the product page and try out some of that paper test stuff. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #2,665 of 12,993
  I would love to help anyone who shares similar music taste like me to decide. But I am not going to argue about starting a new wiki whatsoever. 

Cause I believe talking about bass impact based merely on paper test is not enough. For example, bass on sz2000 is more like creating a bassy atmosphere, "live sounding", throughout all frequencies, which I enjoy a lot on certain kinds of music; bass on beats Pro is more like creating a wider bass soundstage, only on low frequency, which may make the bass muddy and is not necessarily a bad thing; bass on beats studio is more about punchier drum kicks, which is good for some rap artists' music. 

Huh%3F.gif

Im_done_with_you.gif

THIS IS THE "EXTREME BASS CLUB"

sparta-o.gif

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #2,666 of 12,993

Huh%3F.gif

Im_done_with_you.gif

THIS IS THE "EXTREME BASS CLUB"

Yes, and that's why you have to understand what kind of bass you are talking about. 

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #2,667 of 12,993
It would be very nice to have some review about non-flagship headphones, but really, comparing sz2000 and sz1000, th900 and th600 is just... They are in the same product line share the same technology of manufacturer. They are there to serve consumers with different budget and it's not hard to tell which one's better. But comparing them is just... cruel.

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #2,668 of 12,993
It would be very nice to have some review about non-flagship headphones, but really, comparing sz2000 and sz1000, th900 and th600 is just... They are in the same product line share the same technology of manufacturer. They are there to serve consumers with different budget and it's not hard to tell which one's better. But comparing them is just... cruel.

So you're saying there should be a section or new thread that covers:

Quality of Bass
Depth of Bass
Ace of Base....

(see what I did there?!!!)
On a serious note - is that what you mean?

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #2,669 of 12,993
So you're saying there should be a section or new thread that covers:

Quality of Bass
Depth of Bass
Ace of Base....

(see what I did there?!!!)
On a serious note - is that what you mean?

Bass on old-school rap / old-school R&B / classic rocks 
Bass on trap / new-school rap / new-school R&B
Bass on house / trance / dubstep
Bass on alternative rock / alternative pop / metal

Give each four a top 3 or 5. And don't forget to include Klipsch, Bose, JBL and other speaker companies' headphones. They are basshead and of good value. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back