The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 26, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #2,508 of 12,992
  Just a question if you have time bro.
in highest bass level, which one is clearer or maintain their resolution ? 
SZ2K
SZ1K Or
PRO700MK2

Sz1K
Sz2k
700Mk2

The first 2 have a dual driver. That config is almost useless unless it's at an amped and hi gain situation.
This is a good specific question. Highest resolution at max bass level. A huge bass hit is working the membrane of the driver and causing havoc with the housing acoustics.

If left to a dedicated driver the mids and highs can have a fighting chance to get over the din of low frequency. A single dynamic driver cannot compete.

the 700 hits hard. Is a Top 10  head kicking can but for your exact question that's the order.

Now
Why the sz1k not 2k?

That brass in the 2k makes the bass inescapable . The 1k is a tad less veiled and just slightly less impactful but still a hammer because it has tabs to control resonance and not a whole tube. The sound over all is less veiled from low to mid to high gain listening.

To get that bit more bass you gotta sacrifice a bit of clarity even though there is a second driver right in your ear pushing mids and highs. The bass is just that overwhelming in the 2k.

I still love my 2k best as the kick is addicting and my brain burn in period has convinced me they are awesome squared...times 2
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #2,510 of 12,992
  Nice justification!
And thanks for diverting me towards SZ1K. After reading your comparison, I would have given first place to SZ1K as i like bass but without sacrificing resolution. But it's just me.

If you have an e12 a set of 55x pads and a way to lift sub-bass vie effects or EQ you'll come back quite happy.

If you don't use 55x pads or Alpha's and don't have an e12 and don't have anyway of boosting the sub-bass everything I said goes out the window.
YMMV .....j/k.....No it won't if you follow the folks who got the hit.  That config will get you the big bass and there has not been a single person in 6 months that got the pads/amp and had a Clearbass,jeteffects like package that said anything but wow/dayum/holy shiiiit etc..

Goodluck

If you find another way to get the slam please share the settings as this is a community of bass chasers.

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #2,514 of 12,992

Interlude

(a.k.a,   I cannot take requests)

I am doing Halloween in Japan and scaring kids...that's important.

I just got a request via PM to do a paper test with a certain track....man I can't help ya till January with requests...sorry)

Meanwhile at the end and thru the vid but just when I peak into the door of the school you can hear a huge rumbling sound which is my JVC boombox blasting out a clipped thunder track. It is the scariest of everything...that sound as you approach. Low frequency is scaaaaaaaryyyyyyyy
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #2,515 of 12,992
Wow.... so what they say is true.
then I am still on my Neverending search for just good 100-150 headphones.... seems like impossible task. Every headphone have something wrong with it. I am not even asking for super sq

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #2,516 of 12,992
The $100-150 is filled with duds because the market has always been huge. $200-300 got bigger though ever since Beats. Well you really can't mess up the chain if you want the cranial bass massage. Amp, headphones, eq. If you just need bass headphones with no amp then you aren't going to see any problems most likely because you won't be pushing the lows to the max.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #2,518 of 12,992
Just using with phone and on board xonar dg card

This is the Extreme Bass thread which makes having an amp mandatory. Simply not possible to get the kind of bass we talk about on here without an amp and usually an eq.
They have a bass lounge in the Members lounge section where you might get better help.
wink.gif

We go nutz in here.
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #2,519 of 12,992
Yeah, you''ll be fine. Unless you're asking about that d1100, maybe that one has technical issues you can't do anything about. But if you go by average amazon or whatever other website review rating, you'll be ok because they'll be using the headphones with similar equipment (soundcard or onboard PC audio).  

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #2,520 of 12,992

This is the Extreme Bass thread which makes having an amp mandatory. Simply not possible to get the kind of bass we talk about on here without an amp and usually an eq.
They have a bass lounge in the Members lounge section where you might get better help.
wink.gif

We go nutz in here.
biggrin.gif

Oh I didn't realized that. I thought that out of the box bassy, is enough to be in this thread. Thanks for the info :p
Ok. Moving on tho other thread and will check that d1100 then, if it wont break under normal usage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back