The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 20, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #1,936 of 12,992
isn't he using a Sony DAP? The Sony DAP's have an effect called clearbass or something. I myself just use my phones built in EQ to add 24db@50hz then flip the E11 bass boost switch to maximum. Can't make out the vocals cuz they drown in sub-bass when listening to/feeling "on my level"... You need a good way to EQ bass and an amp.

Yeah I have a pair of SZ's a Fiio E17 and a pretty good equalizer on my PC and I can easily make them vibrate to insane levels, but with 40mm can's like the krakens for example i was never able to achieve that level of bass to make the paper vibrate (without distortion) and I'm thinking maybe it's because of these DAP's

like do these mach3bass/clearbass effects add bass that you can't achieve with just an equalizer and an amp or am I just using my equalizer wrong?

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #1,937 of 12,992
Yeah I have a pair of SZ's a Fiio E17 and a pretty good equalizer on my PC and I can easily make them vibrate to insane levels, but with 40mm can's like the krakens for example i was never able to achieve that level of bass to make the paper vibrate (without distortion) and I'm thinking maybe it's because of these DAP's

like do these mach3bass/clearbass effects add bass that you can't achieve with just an equalizer and an amp or am I just using my equalizer wrong?
not sure... Although how much bass boost at what frequency on your computer EQ?

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #1,938 of 12,992
... I guess my ears stick out quite a lot lol. The K240? I think my ears actually got squished down because of wearing them, plus there's foam covering the plastic... Still hurt even though there was foam though. On the WS77's, my ears are on the plastic directly with zero foam, and the pads aren't big enough imo to transfer bass hit very well. I'll go ask in a WS77 thread. :)

:) let us know if you find any third party pads that fix this issue for you :wink:

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #1,939 of 12,992
:) let us know if you find any third party pads that fix this issue for you :wink:
just measured how far my ears stick off my head... 8/10th of an inch. The pads are 5/10th of an inch deep.

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #1,940 of 12,992

I've the E17 which I paired with iPod and used this combo in a number of bass test videos - but to get better bass response I invested in the Cowon iaudio10 - the exact model HBB uses, in addition to the Fiio E12 amp.

The Cowon's jeteffects EQ is major factor in increased bass response though :wink:

just measured how far my ears stick off my head... 8/10th of an inch. The pads are 5/10th of an inch deep.

For some reason I thought the WS77 were on ear, but just checking online, they're over ear?

Well that makes more sense if that's the case - sorry bro

Aug 20, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #1,941 of 12,992
JVC HA-M55X-W PHOTOS

This headphone and HA-SR44X have Y split style cable going to both left and right ear cups, with HA-MR77X, SZ1000 & SZ2000 all single sided cable connection to left ear cup.

All above headphones mentioned have fixed non detachable, 1.2m length, red colour cables, terminated with 3.5mm jack, and SZ cans are only types that come with plain light brown pull cord carry/storage cloth bags.

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #1,942 of 12,992
Quote:Originally Posted by cb3723 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

​
,​

O.K.,
So first a secondary market was created for the 55x with the purpose of getting their pads...now...the "whites"

Finding these will be like prying rainbows from the tight grip of Unicorns.

Good luck finding the Unicorn,...... then....yeah good luck with the prying if they EVER see this thread.

you made me envy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry_face.gif
Mmmmmmmm.hhhaaammmmmmmmmmmm
biggrin.gif
 ​

Aug 21, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #1,943 of 12,992

O.K.,
So first a secondary market was created for the 55x with the purpose of getting their pads...now...the "whites"

Finding these will be like prying rainbows from the tight grip of Unicorns.

Good luck finding the Unicorn,...... then....yeah good luck with the prying if they EVER see this thread.

you made me envy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry_face:​

Mmmmmmmm.hhhaaammmmmmmmmmmm:D

Hasn't Japan got herds of Unicorns running around already? :D

I guess the white 55x is new colour added to the range by JVC but I don't think it's a limited edition, so should be plentiful?

Saying that, JVC have them listed on their UK site but unavailable to order - like What? http://cdn.jvc.co.uk/xtremexplosives/

JVC got the 44X In white and in stock to buy direct but no 55X - it's as though they are troll teasing - lol https://www.jvceshop.co.uk/25-xx-series

I ended up buying them through eBay UK, but they were shipped from USA, so maybe Unicorn chasing is a good way to frame it until I guess white 55X's start rolling with stock everywhere else?

:)

Aug 21, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #1,944 of 12,992
not sure... Although how much bass boost at what frequency on your computer EQ?

I only get can turn the 30-50hz frequencies up to 15db on the EQ I'm using, don't know if that is enough to achieve that bass level for the smaller cans though :|
I've the E17 which I paired with iPod and used this combo in a number of bass test videos - but to get better bass response I invested in the Cowon iaudio10 - the exact model HBB uses, in addition to the Fiio E12 amp.

The Cowon's jeteffects EQ is major factor in increased bass response though
wink.gif

Yeah I've noticed that and maybe I'll be getting one of those if there is no other way to achieve such level of bass without the iaudio10 
eek.gif

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #1,949 of 12,992
After some tinkering with eq I have better eq suitable for my rig, maybe someone will find it useful

Warning: It sounds good only with hip-hop, maybe dubstep, tried to listen some 80's metal/random OST with this setting, sounds like s...t, worse than flat eq.

Clear Bass +3, Fiio E12 Bass boost on
Then you take this:

Play this:

And you'll have this:

Slam time
beyersmile.png

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #1,950 of 12,992
  After some tinkering with eq I have better eq suitable for my rig, maybe someone will find it useful

Warning: It sounds good only with hip-hop, maybe dubstep, tried to listen some 80's metal/random OST with this setting, sounds like s...t, worse than flat eq.

Clear Bass +3, Fiio E12 Bass boost on
Then you take this:

Play this:

And you'll have this:

Slam time
beyersmile.png

Damn those vibrations 
blink.gif

forgot to ask before, do you by any chance know that cable that connects your sony player to your computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back