The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 25, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #1,396 of 12,992
  And if anyone has the razer kraken test the bass out on them and have a change of underwear ready they are insane at producing the bass and cost so little and dont distort until a rediculous volume I urge all bassheads to try this headphone out you will be shocked.

when i saw them on "Did not make list" i thought they looked like gaming headsets.  I just checked right now... and they are... 
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #1,397 of 12,992
This is too good not to post here - lol :D

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/G5ZDq8SJLCE[/VIDEO]​

Well god dang - check that slo-mo - it got serious clean sub bass air flo - no need to call fire brigade bro - jus' call the dudes with heavy in-car audio :cool:

Not only do these dudes put out fires, but the slo-mo sound can be sold to movie makers for helicopter effects - and that's all good to go, now you know :wink:

Nike Air Max - Eat your heart out :D

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #1,398 of 12,992
I'll have my 77x  at 23-25 July, eager to test SZ2k with 77x pads (and 77x itself).

Fooling around with 77x for 2 days - they are really good bugdet bass cans, they are ok with dubstep, boring with acoustic guitars and stuff. Swapped pads SZ2k<->77x - now SZ hits harder, but not hard enough, it seems like E12 is the next think I'm looking for in my guest for extreme bass
biggrin.gif
 Tried HBB's EQ settings for Ipad with foobar2000 with Equalizer APO+ 07K bass boost, it sounds and feels definitely better than Clear Bass + 07K. My 77x distort earlier than SZ2k, I know that's the result everyone get, but i feel like this is old version of 77x HBB mentioned somewhere else (maybe I'm just spoiled with SZ2k). Instructions look like this

It says HA-MR77x-J, but I found info only about HA-MR77x-E, if anyone with 77x can check out full name of cans printed on instruction it would be great.

Jul 25, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #1,399 of 12,992
Fooling around with 77x for 2 days - they are really good bugdet bass cans, they are ok with dubstep, boring with acoustic guitars and stuff. Swapped pads SZ2k<->77x - now SZ hits harder, but not hard enough, it seems like E12 is the next think I'm looking for in my guest for extreme bass :D  Tried HBB's EQ settings for Ipad with foobar2000 with Equalizer APO+ 07K bass boost, it sounds and feels definitely better than Clear Bass + 07K. My 77x distort earlier than SZ2k, I know that's the result everyone get, but i feel like this is old version of 77x HBB mentioned somewhere else (maybe I'm just spoiled with SZ2k). Instructions look like this

It says HA-MR77x-J, but I found info only about HA-MR77x-E, if anyone with 77x can check out full name of cans printed on instruction it would be great.

Mine is printed ending with "-E" which I assume references to the region they are sold in Europe, and I'd think your J stood for Japan?

I might be wrong but I don't think this end prefix determines any technical variances.

But be under no illusion - the 77's are pure bred cannons - I've just picked up the American Audio HP 550's which also have same diameter 57mm drivers and are very good indeed - check the bass/paper test video a page back or so - but they don't hit as hard as the 77's - I'm guessing due to the JVC's "extreme deep bass ports" - whatever they are - my technical know how is pretty schiit - maybe HBB, gelocks or PocketSmiley can help out here - I'm also guessing that earcup chamber size plays a big part in bass response too, which the 77's in noticeably larger than the American Audios also?

HBB lives in Japan though I don't know if he purchased his 77's over there or back in the States, only other member who I know lives in the land of the rising sun is Currawong, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't own the 77's but he may have an idea whether the "J" prefix relates to region they are intended for (Japan), or not?

Me, pictured yesterday trying to understand bass science.... :D

imagejpg1-64.jpg

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #1,400 of 12,992
  Fooling around with 77x for 2 days - they are really good bugdet bass cans, they are ok with dubstep, boring with acoustic guitars and stuff. Swapped pads SZ2k<->77x - now SZ hits harder, but not hard enough, it seems like E12 is the next think I'm looking for in my guest for extreme bass
biggrin.gif
 Tried HBB's EQ settings for Ipad with foobar2000 with Equalizer APO+ 07K bass boost, it sounds and feels definitely better than Clear Bass + 07K. My 77x distort earlier than SZ2k, I know that's the result everyone get, but i feel like this is old version of 77x HBB mentioned somewhere else (maybe I'm just spoiled with SZ2k). Instructions look like this

77x/ XM30X on drugs....I mean e/12

Mine is printed ending with "-E" which I assume references to the region they are sold in Europe, and I'd think your J stood for Japan?

I might be wrong but I don't think this end prefix determines any technical variances.

But be under no illusion - the 77's are pure bred cannons - I've just picked up the American Audio HP 550's which also have same diameter 57mm drivers and are very good indeed - check the bass/paper test video a page back or so - but they don't hit as hard as the 77's - I'm guessing due to the JVC's "extreme deep bass ports" - whatever they are - my technical know how is pretty schiit - maybe HBB, gelocks or PocketSmiley can help out here - I'm also guessing that earcup chamber size plays a big part in bass response too, which the 77's in noticeably larger than the American Audios also?

HBB lives in Japan though I don't know if he purchased his 77's over there or back in the States, only other member who I know lives in the land of the rising sun is Currawong, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't own the 77's but he may have an idea whether the "J" prefix relates to region they are intended for (Japan), or not?

Me, pictured yesterday trying to understand bass science....
biggrin.gif

imagejpg1-64.jpg

Mine don't have a manual...LOL
biggrin.gif

Yes...the cavernous cups help a lot with the low end response

I have never seen an inline mic control on any of the 77/30's here in Japan. 

Jul 25, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #1,401 of 12,992
Hawaiibadboy

"HA-XM30X" ?....

I still have no idea what I'm doing...lol :D

Dawg, I think I'm barking up the wrong tree or something here - What's goin down in the land of the rising sun with different model codes and schiit? :p

I'm calling the bass cops cos this seems like JVC are up to Sabotage....

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE[/VIDEO]​

New rumour starts - "psst, ain't you heard - the XM30X's are packin moar bass than the 77's...they keeping all the bass heavy loaded cans for their home turf and rest of world get crumby 77's with in-line remotes just to trick us into thinking we gettin something extra but we losing on full bass :wink: "

JVC Japan get inundated with orders from around the world demanding XM30X model code only cans...then...

the world ends under bass collapse - lol :D

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #1,402 of 12,992
@Hawaiibadboy

"HA-XM30X" ?....

I still have no idea what I'm doing...lol
biggrin.gif

Dawg, I think I'm barking up the wrong tree or something here - What's goin down in the land of the rising sun with different model codes and schiit?
tongue.gif

I'm calling the bass cops cos this seems like JVC are up to Sabotage....

New rumour starts - "psst, ain't you heard - the XM30X's are packin moar bass than the 77's...they keeping all the bass heavy loaded cans for their home turf and rest of world get crumby 77's with in-line remotes just to trick us into thinking we gettin something extra but we losing on full bass
wink.gif
"

JVC Japan get inundated with orders from around the world demanding XM30X model code only cans...then...

the world ends under bass collapse - lol
biggrin.gif

LOL

http://www.tofugu.com/2012/08/04/10-japanese-movie-title-translations-that-make-no-sense/

They run at their own speed over here.
I always wondered why there was no inline remote on any of the XX cans I owned??? Japanese are uber chatty with phones...what gives???

That bass candle test was just another version of what we are doing. A visual of low freq energy.

Science.......love that stuff!!

Jul 25, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #1,404 of 12,992
LOL

http://www.tofugu.com/2012/08/04/10-japanese-movie-title-translations-that-make-no-sense/

They run at their own speed over here.
I always wondered why there was no inline remote on any of the XX cans I owned??? Japanese are uber chatty with phones...what gives???

That bass candle test was just another version of what we are doing. A visual of low freq energy.

Science.......love that stuff!!

Ref - translations link

Movie : Army of Darkness - Japanese translation = "Captain Supermarket" - that's priceless :D

Yeah, that dude with the serious car bass - all he did was wind his window down next to candles and use his remote to fan the candle flames controlling bass settings/vol - slo mo watching it is epic :cool:

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #1,405 of 12,992
Ref - translations link

Movie : Army of Darkness - Japanese translation = "Captain Supermarket" - that's priceless :D

Yeah, that dude with the serious car bass - all he did was wind his window down next to candles and use his remote to fan the candle flames controlling bass settings/vol - slo mo watching it is epic :cool:
you forgot you have another coming attraction... The superlux's!

Jul 26, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #1,406 of 12,992
Vintage Lafayette Model F-990
89mm drivers from way back in the 1970's
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/8USDxJW3j2Q[/VIDEO]

Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing
Test tracks: Bass Mekanik: 3 types of bass, Night Bass
Wiz Khalifa: On my level

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

Jul 26, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #1,407 of 12,992

Quote:

Vintage Lafayette Model F-990
89mm drivers from way back in the 1970's
Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing
Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing
Test tracks: Bass Mekanik: 3 types of bass, Night Bass
Wiz Khalifa: On my level

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

LOL....BOOOM!!!​

Jul 26, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #1,408 of 12,992
LOL....BOOOM!!!​

LoL - video that gif was taken off is as classic as the model F-990's - not bad going for a pair of 1970 something cans, who'd have thought it?

These came to me from the States and the carriage cost more than the cans - think cans alone were only $22 USD!

I find these cans intriguing, as though they are in some way a portal back to there era and a taste of how some experienced headphones at that time, which I guess is what they are.

They are on the heavy side, but quite comfortable, sound is veiled and the bass when EQ'd is mighty meaty but very muddy and bloated, but that just adds to their charm, the SQ feels and sounds right for what they are if that makes sense? But these cans were made to last for sure and push bass air no problem.

Serious bit of vintage kit :)

That guy in the gif should have been wearing a pair of these before he lit his home made explosives and he might have only taken half the blast force to his face - lol :D

Seems to be a running theme here, even with these vintage classics - MADE IN JAPAN :wink:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57oBC_WLsYA[/VIDEO]​

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #1,409 of 12,992

​

77x/ XM30X on drugs....I mean e/12

Mine don't have a manual...LOL
biggrin.gif

Yes...the cavernous cups help a lot with the low end response

I have never seen an inline mic control on any of the 77/30's here in Japan. 

I ordered mine from US Adorama store, so why it is J, JVC, what the hell you are doing with your product names 
confused.gif

At the same time, Amazon has 2 versions of 77x - discontinued hamr77x and ha-mr77x

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAMR77X-Headphones-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00C1TBYBC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406355413&sr=8-1&keywords=hamr77x

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HA-MR77X-Xtreme-Xplosives-Headphones/dp/B00F34JP7W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406355413&sr=8-2&keywords=hamr77x

Mic and controls works with Android phones too, so it's not just Iphone compatible. Oh well, we'll see how this J version performs when I'll have e12.

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #1,410 of 12,992
LoL - video that gif was taken off is as classic as the model F-990's - not bad going for a pair of 1970 something cans, who'd have thought it?

These came to me from the States and the carriage cost more than the cans - think cans alone were only $22 USD!

I find these cans intriguing, as though they are in some way a portal back to there era and a taste of how some experienced headphones at that time, which I guess is what they are.

They are on the heavy side, but quite comfortable, sound is veiled and the bass when EQ'd is mighty meaty but very muddy and bloated, but that just adds to their charm, the SQ feels and sounds right for what they are if that makes sense? But these cans were made to last for sure and push bass air no problem.

Serious bit of vintage kit
smily_headphones1.gif

That guy in the gif should have been wearing a pair of these before he lit his home made explosives and he might have only taken half the blast force to his face - lol
biggrin.gif

Seems to be a running theme here, even with these vintage classics - MADE IN JAPAN
wink.gif

I don't care what they sound like. They were made when 8 tracks and vinyl were the standard. Those bands and padding and everything scream awesome at me. Man I love the look. That's just drop dead beautiful. Travel back in time...I wanna go back....maybe these help me.
Please never ever bass test them again. They were built 40 years ago. They deserve relaxed normal listening time travel duties
biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing!!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back