The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 16, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #1,276 of 12,992

NEW! Pioneer SE-MX9-T
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/pGzJ6wq4CfI[/VIDEO]

Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing track "3 types of bass"

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #1,277 of 12,992
You the first person to put those through the "superior club sound" check test
wink.gif

Nice pics and vid bro!!
beerchug.gif

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #1,278 of 12,992
SONY MDR-XB1000
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/Cp4Ml1KbTDg[/VIDEO]

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9

playing track "3 types of bass"

Recommend:

Yamaha Pro500
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/XYwjRuwZa2E[/VIDEO]

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9

playing track "3 types of bass"

Recommend:

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #1,280 of 12,992
I gotta work (Japan time)
They both look awesome. The XB1000 are flexing some muscle....70mm in tha muthafarking house!!!

Yeah, the Pioneer is pretty good but the pads on it are ideal for the test - quite firm - firmer than 77 pads.

XB1000 as expected.

Yamaha - ok, but ati832 could do better with his double amping and own EQ methinks :)

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #1,281 of 12,992
Yeah, the Pioneer is pretty good but the pads on it are ideal for the test - quite firm - firmer than 77 pads.

XB1000 as expected.

Yamaha - ok, but ati832 could do better with his double amping and own EQ methinks
smily_headphones1.gif

Cannons...they do whatever they like but I could not get the Yamaha not to scream in my ear ala S-Logic.

The Pioneer were on the list once since they were a big surprise considering I expected nothing from Pioneer.
My second listen I realized the on ear was cool and that I was an over ear guy for sure.

Have you ever heard the 70mm XB1000 distort? I wonder just how insane those go??
That energy traveling up that much material (3x an average pad trim).....that's nuts...flat out ******* nutz

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #1,282 of 12,992

Cannons...they do whatever they like but I could not get the Yamaha not to scream in my ear ala S-Logic.

The Pioneer were on the list once since they were a big surprise considering I expected nothing from Pioneer.
My second listen I realized the on ear was cool and that I was an over ear guy for sure.

Have you ever heard the 70mm XB1000 distort? I wonder just how insane those go??
That energy traveling up that much material (3x an average pad trim).....that's nuts...flat out ******* nutz

Using the Cowon & E12 on the XB1000 in the most recent video - it wouldn't have taken much more of a push from volume level I had them on before they would have started to distort.

I think from what's been shown recently - with clever EQing, I think the 1000 could go further from level I've had them upto to date.

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #1,283 of 12,992
I have the xb1000 too I will do a bass test tomorrow using my set up what I can say about the xb1000's is they have the best bass that massages your face what I mean by that lets say you have a bassy track one off bass mekaniks track the bass it vibrates your whole face like its following the frequency of the bass you can feel it start at the forehead and end at the back of your neck it is one of a kind thats for sure, while the sz1000 bass is like a big punch to your head they are 2 different experiences. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #1,284 of 12,992
@Cb/Hawaii: What's your opinions on the new Beats Solo 2s and Beats Mixrs? Really love the way they look and wouldn't mind having an alternative pair to my XS's. I feel like I've been bitten by the headphone bug all over again. It's only a matter of time before I have 10 pairs laying around O_o lol.

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #1,285 of 12,992
  @Cb/Hawaii: What's your opinions on the new Beats Solo 2s and Beats Mixrs? Really love the way they look and wouldn't mind having an alternative pair to my XS's. I feel like I've been bitten by the headphone bug all over again. It's only a matter of time before I have 10 pairs laying around O_o lol.

I dunno bout the Solo 2's but the Mixr looked like they packed a nice punch based on a paper vid. How much bass can a 40mm driver produce? They look pretty close to the limit. They looked good doing it.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #1,286 of 12,992
.​

How do you bass test anything you can get your hand on?

I thought this is what folks meant by portable....

I wear surf shorts a lot and I'm not carrying a buncha stuff. In fact I'm not carrying anything. **** that.
This is the 3rd and final version of my bass rig.
I can put cooling gel or heating pads in the neck part since it's a modified runners belt with fabric that will stretch to hold a water bottle for the runner.

@Zaknin
Post your rig here.
That other thread died since nobody does it.

There is portable and then there is portable.

I had no idea everybody wasn't doing this.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #1,287 of 12,992

Beats solo2's are great, IMO, have a warm signature but probably the least bass out of all the beats range of cans, with stronger mids and highs that gives a warm but relatively detailed sound signature, good for on the move portable cans as although they are styled like mini versions of the larger Studios, the solo2 doesn't use internal battery ANC, so no worries of battery running out and needing a charge. At present they are available in various colors all with a hi-gloss finish which is a fingerprint magnet.

Beats mixr's are a DJ can co-collaborated in design by David Guetta and accordingly have a high clamping force to give good isolation required in the mixr's case being on ear. The mixr's have decent bass with forward mids and highs that can be played very loud with no distortion - mixr's are the loudest playing headphones out of the entire beats range and are very robust in build with each headphone arm independently able to be rotated for monitoring external sources for DJ application, but also useful if someone is trying to talk to you - you can just rotate one of the arms to hear them.

Both cans have a fun sound to them - mixr's respond good to heavy bass EQing as can be seen on the bass/paper test video and it gets a mention on the recommended list on pg. 77 but is by no means a canon .

And with beats also classed as a lifestyle as well as audio brand - there's a premium attached to the cans with the famous "b" logo :wink:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/IM4RdPr9npI[/VIDEO]​

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/SxC07fokmdo[/VIDEO]​

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #1,289 of 12,992

​

I wear surf shorts a lot and I'm not carrying a buncha stuff. In fact I'm not carrying anything. **** that.

I can put cooling gel or heating pads in the neck part since it's a modified runners belt with fabric that will stretch to hold a water bottle for the runner.

@Zaknin

Post your rig here.

My current rig 

Tested Clear Bass with cycles test, it seems Clear Bass boosts entire 20-100 Hz region, with peaks on 30-35 Hz\75-80 Hz, it seems okay to me.  I have another mediocre quality video (sorry for the first 10s ambient noise) paper test for you,1/2 A4, NWZ E473 with LOD > Fiio 07k, SZ2k with stock pads (meh) +12 db gain, 30\60 volume, + 8 bass boost on Fiio, +3 Clear Bass (distortion starts from volume 33+, 30 is okay for 10-15 min listening) I'll have my 77x  at 23-25 July, eager to test SZ2k with 77x pads (and 77x itself).

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #1,290 of 12,992
Quote:

​

@Zaknin
  Post your rig here.

My current rig 

Tested Clear Bass with cycles test, it seems Clear Bass boosts entire 20-100 Hz region, with peaks on 30-35 Hz\75-80 Hz, it seems okay to me.  I have another mediocre quality video (sorry for the first 10s ambient noise) paper test for you,1/2 A4, NWZ E473 with LOD > Fiio 07k, SZ2k with stock pads (meh) +12 db gain, 30\60 volume, + 8 bass boost on Fiio, +3 Clear Bass (distortion starts from volume 33+, 30 is okay for 10-15 min listening) I'll have my 77x  at 23-25 July, eager to test SZ2k with 77x pads (and 77x itself).

Clint be all like....YES!!

Back away and stay away from distortion.
The stock pads are energy killers. Don't fight em cuz your just hurting the ones you love (the drivers)
The 77 will switch onto these in under 2 minutes and you'll be feeling it.

Firm padding is a HUGE variable in this whole thing.

Thanks for sharing the vid bro!!!
beerchug.gif

EDIT:

I misread the post.
I thought the 55's were coming in for the pads......the 77's
They are legit.
Mids like ass but bass that kicks like a mule.
Best entry lvl priced thumpers on the market.  Price to bass performance lvl is off the ******* chart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back