The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 3, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #949 of 12,975

Did anyone see this vid? they go quite hard 

If you put the xx pads on em they will hit harder
L3000.gif

They are cheap bass cans but worth every penny it for entry level folks....and then you can harvest the pads
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #951 of 12,975
Did anyone see this vid? they go quite hard 

Yeah - cool video - you can really see some intense bass sound pressure transfer onto the paper vibrations.

Try the pad change as rec'd by HBB to see if you can get even more impact? :)

no but i saw that the ultrasone is listed in the 2nd category of the bass level headphones while the beats and so on is in the 3rd...ultrasone should be in nr 3 also i think

Correct me if I'm wrong here HBB, but my understanding of the current top 10 list is that apart from number 1 & 2 positions (SZ2&1K), everything else is in no particular order?

And my revised top 10 which is upcoming doesn't necessarily guarantee the DETOX from keeping its place within the top 10.

40 mm but people always say how bass heavy these are, but they really lack in the bass department. Maybe im just so used to the sz2000 that none other sounds good anymore? :p

I was talking to another head-fier recently who just picked up the ULTRASONE Pro 900's and was very happy with them, but they fitted into what his specific requirements were, which is more forward mids and highs that doesn't get eaten into by the bass. He commented that the sub bass was a little short of what he would have liked and was going to try a pad change to see if he could get his more ideal sound, but otherwise, he was very happy with the 900's.

I guess the 900's may not be geared towards extreme bass requirements and the 900's seem to be either a love or hate kind of can - I'm really interested in auditioning a pair for myself sometime, just to see what all the hullabaloo is all about :)

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #952 of 12,975
Yeah - cool video - you can really see some intense bass sound pressure transfer onto the paper vibrations.

Try the pad change as rec'd by HBB to see if you can get even more impact?
smily_headphones1.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong here HBB, but my understanding of the current top 10 list is that apart from number 1 & 2 positions (SZ2&1K), everything else is in no particular order?

And my revised top 10 which is upcoming doesn't necessarily guarantee the DETOX from keeping its place within the top 10.

No they are not in order. Aside from the SZ. I expect a hard run by the 70mm by you because you got the settings to bloom them. I was still using the 5 band eq and some mach bass like lvl 3. I was unable to get them to go from loud bass to hard bass but it looks like +8 +9 is doing it.

God Bless 70mm and Sony.

My p*nis is not related to the sz2000. Put it where you think it belongs on the list. I respect your evaluation and everybody benefits from a new view. I like the bass kit in it's cups with chambers and tubes and **** cuz I'm a Car Audio guy but bass is bass and the cans go where you see fit to put them.

I see NO reason to hold onto 40mm drivers and that means the Npulse and Pro's got nowhere to go but down. That was coming anyway. 

This is all you. Seperate your mind from all things including others feelings. I will not be anything but happy to see your honest and clear evaluation.
It's the whole point.

Do it to it and don't look back

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #955 of 12,975
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
center]
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

1:14 - 1:17
That's what happens when Wiz Khalifa turns into a robot.

Jul 3, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #956 of 12,975

:D

29zqy4m.gif
mil1qt.gif
29zqy4m.gif

mil1qt.gif

giphy.gif

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/ncaNlxvTFzg[/VIDEO]

After re-watching.....especially the Wiz turning into a robot bit - I need hospital :D :cool:

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #957 of 12,975
ok i made my decision on the ultrasone already. These are going back. While they sound good, the bass really can't handle much. With the eq settings and the bass boost of the fiio the drivers cant handle this. They "pop" when you play loud. Really weird. This is the first headphone I have that does this

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #958 of 12,975
Okay, so I now have my amp, a Fiio E17. Do I go with the SZ1000's or the 2000's? Keep in mind, the 2000's are $100 more here in Canada.

Here's link to recent PocketSmiley post which contains three reviews of the SZ1000 with comparisons to the SZ2000, which may assist your choice :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club/765#post_10662374

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #959 of 12,975
ok i made my decision on the ultrasone already. These are going back. While they sound good, the bass really can't handle much. With the eq settings and the bass boost of the fiio the drivers cant handle this. They "pop" when you play loud. Really weird. This is the first headphone I have that does this

If it's cans that respond extremely well without distortion when EQ is applied - you already own one of the very best known to man - your SZ2000's :wink:

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #960 of 12,975

I've ran into the same exact problem with mine that I recently purchased.  So I have decided to sell them. I tried a leather pad and the mid bass seemed a little better probably due to the isolation increase compared to the velour pads, they just cant handle the extreme volumes like I like to listen to.  So im still on the hunt for the ultimate Cans that fit my needs and wants. until then ill continue to enjoy my XB700's  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back