The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #932 of 12,975
  How do I get more subwoofer out of this EQ ? Or is this not possible?

Lower all the 5 sliders from 497Hz to 16k to flat (zero) 
Raise the 62 to the max and lower 32 to zero then slowly raise 32 step by step and listen to the track while you do that.
The sz are fine flat in the mid and highs
Listen while you adjust.

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #933 of 12,975
SONY MDR-XB1000
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/8j6UNwNHVT8[/VIDEO]

Cut in half sheet of fresh out the pack A4 printer paper used

No tape used - paper placed over left earcup with right ear cup holding/sealing

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Amp: FiioE12 with bass boost switch on
Recommend:
Play video on full screen to check paper vibrations with fullest detail​

Notes: The XB1000 big oversize 70mm drivers push some serious bass air transferred onto the paper causing at times very tight intense vibrations and what is also noticeable is that virtually the entire mass of the paper vibrates with exception of the back top left of the sheet, compared to some cans tested that only vibrate a quarter of the paper sheet - but I guess this is to be expected with the XB1000 due to the size of drivers pounding out a huge wave of bass air pressure. To experience this head pummelling bass is a whole heap of fun with the only downsides been any tooth fillings coming loose, dizziness and/or possible brain damage if prolonged use is applied - lol :D

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #934 of 12,975
A NEW 53MM GLADIATOR ENTERS THE RING....

BRETHREN OF EXTREME BASS, WELCOME TO........

......AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99
[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/fqGkv07rOJo[/VIDEO]

Test Conditions

Source:Cowon DAP ,Flat eq, BBE+8 MACH3BASS +9 playing YouTube Wiz Khalifa's "On My Level" track

Recommend:

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #935 of 12,975
  Damn RIP cb3723s Mad Dogs. Jesus, how blown out are they from that test? 

The other thing I was also really considering that looks very promising is this oldie, but goodie. It's a vintage classic and what little information there is on it says that it is pretty much akin to strapping subs to your ears in terms of air moved. The drivers are cone based speaker sets that measure in at 3.5in (that's 89mm!). So, if we are really trying to find the best bass canons I think I'm going to try to nab one up on eBay to test out (they aren't very expensive at all). I can't really imagine 89mm drivers to not be amazing. I'll report back when I have them. 

No worries, amp is clipping.

+ The video was a troll towards the Head-Fi member DisCHORD. He kept asking and begging for me to put up a video of the mad dogs, so yeah, that's what I did. In the most crappy way possible ^.^. The vid wasn't really ment to see the day of light. But it looks like some people don't feel like asking permission to steal my video's.

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #936 of 12,975

SONY MDR-XB1000

Test Conditions

Recommend:

Notes: The XB1000 big oversize 70mm drivers push some serious bass air transferred onto the paper causing at times very tight intense vibrations and what is also noticeable is that virtually the entire mass of the paper vibrates with exception of the back top left of the sheet, compared to some cans tested that only vibrate a quarter of the paper sheet - but I guess this is to be expected with the XB1000 due to the size of drivers pounding out a huge wave of bass air pressure. To experience this head pummelling bass is a whole heap of fun with the only downsides been any tooth fillings coming loose, dizziness and/or possible brain damage if prolonged use is applied - lol
biggrin.gif

Man I knew these were coming
biggrin.gif

It likes the jeteffects....all the bass cans seem strut their stuff on that setting.
70mm...c'mon man.....that's crazy!!!

When you consider...and I do....how much pad that is traveling up and still fluttering the paper. Serious badass. I wish they would throw another 70mm into a bass can instead of that open back one Sony puts the left over 70mm drivers in.

I'm getting me one of these. 

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #937 of 12,975
No worries, amp is clipping.

+ The video was a troll towards the Head-Fi member DisCHORD. He kept asking and begging for me to put up a video of the mad dogs, so yeah, that's what I did. In the most crappy way possible ^.^. The vid wasn't really ment to see the day of light. But it looks like some people don't feel like asking permission to steal my video's.

So Y U No do a Alpha Dogs bass/paper test done to the best of your ability rather than make a sour grapes post of back tracking claiming to troll DisCHORD?

If you are prepared to do a "troll" video, then surely you are prepared to do a bass/paper test video?

I'm calling BS on the above entire quoted post :rolleyes:

kilspeed - lighten up - your Alpha Dogs Fail video gave a lot of lols :D

In fact just thinking about it starts me off giggling - I'm gonna watch it again right now :wink:

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #938 of 12,975
So Y U No do a Alpha Dogs bass/paper test done to the best of your ability rather than make a sour grapes post of back tracking claiming to troll DisCHORD?

If you are prepared to do a "troll" video, then surely you are prepared to do a bass/paper test video?

I'm calling BS on the above entire quoted post
rolleyes.gif

kilspeed - lighten up - your Alpha Dogs Fail video gave a lot of lols
biggrin.gif

In fact just thinking about it starts me off giggling - I'm gonna watch it again right now
wink.gif

Wish I had a pair of Alpha Dogs, but I've got a pair of Mad Dogs. You've probably LOLled to hard to be able to read the title.
Planar's are not able to make these 'paper test video's'. You own an LCD-X, you should know that.
You may call BS whenever you like, not that I actually care.
They gave a lot of LOLs? Great, I'm happy to make people laugh :)
Sure, watch it again, just link to my YT channel and take it off yours.

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #939 of 12,975

Man I knew these were coming:D

It likes the jeteffects....all the bass cans seem strut their stuff on that setting.
70mm...c'mon man.....that's crazy!!!

When you consider...and I do....how much pad that is traveling up and still fluttering the paper. Serious badass. I wish they would throw another 70mm into a bass can instead of that open back one Sony puts the left over 70mm drivers in.

I'm getting me one of these. 

Just by checking your photos you've posted of the headphone superstores you have available to you in Japan, I don't doubt you can still pick up a pair of the XB-1000's up and at a decent price.

Here's what Amazon UK currently have a Japan import USED pair listed at, current as of today!

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #940 of 12,975
Wish I had a pair of Alpha Dogs, but I've got a pair of Mad Dogs. You've probably LOLled to hard to be able to read the title.
Planar's are not able to make these 'paper test video's'. You own an LCD-X, you should know that.
You may call BS whenever you like, not that I actually care.
They gave a lot of LOLs? Great, I'm happy to make people laugh :)
Sure, watch it again, just link to my YT channel and take it off yours.

I didn't bother reading past your first sentence as you are clearly crying like a small child - please regain your composure and return with dignity at a later time :wink:

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #941 of 12,975
I didn't bother reading past your first sentence as you are clearly crying like a small child - please regain your composure and return with dignity at a later time
wink.gif

Uhm.. CB..? What? What's wrong with you man, you aren't you.
How am I crying like a small child..? I'm just saying that it's great that people are having a laugh, that's what it's intended for.
I think you get me wrong, I'm not mad or 'crying' O.o? All I didn't like was that you took my video without asking me first. I just can't stand stuff like that sorry.

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #942 of 12,975
Uhm.. CB..? What? What's wrong with you man, you aren't you.
How am I crying like a small child..? I'm just saying that it's great that people are having a laugh, that's what it's intended for.
I think you get me wrong, I'm not mad or 'crying' O.o? All I didn't like was that you took my video without asking me first. I just can't stand stuff like that sorry.

Ok man, looks like I got wrong end of the stick - my apologies - me and you have always got along good and there's no reason why that should stop :cool:

edit: can you grant permission for the extreme bass club YT channel to host your video?

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #943 of 12,975
Ok man, looks like I got wrong end of the stick - my apologies - me and you have always got along good and there's no reason why that should stop
cool.gif

Apology accepted :), I don't want to have an argument with you, I think you're a great guy ^.^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back