The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 14, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #8,956 of 12,992
If people can put hm5s on sz2000s then you can stretch them onto the sigs. The worst case would be if the headphone rim was too small.

They totally fit with Dj1, and Sig Dj - but Pro900 and Dj One Pro have a different lock mechanism, you can't stretch a pad over them, and their cups are actually a bit smaller.. 

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #8,961 of 12,992
Well if anyone here gets the purpleheart and can compare to mahogany, I'd love to get the basshead perspective on the differences.  Reviews are pretty mixed on how significant the variations are, but here, a focus on dat bass would really just help clear things up.  I.e. how does the specified +2 dB boost in bass really sound in the real world. 

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #8,962 of 12,992

THX00 Purpleheart is dropping again for those of you that were waiting. :)

Woohoo I knew it was coming from the other 2 dropping. I didn't expect it to drop while the EB was still going though. I haven't tried to Mahogany to be able to compare once I eventually get my set from this drop though

(oops, guess I didn't quote the last post for the 2nd half of my message)

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #8,969 of 12,992
Funny but I actually own a pair of real NEP NEP earbuds that came with the collectors edition of the game. Lol.

Didn't know there existed a Nep Nep earbud! How do they sound?

This is like being shocked the top 10 list isn't all skullcandy and bose.

Oh, I get that, but TX00 seem well regarded out there (?) 

IDK, I probably wouldn't get one as I am fixated on really crisp / sharp / U shaped / treble happy signatures - but I also love bass 
biggrin.gif

After having heard a few fostex models, I am left with a similar impression like LCD series. Great sound technically, but I will need more treble. Ultrasone doesn't have enough treble either for me without EQ - only ie800 / HD800S truly satisfies my hunger. 

On the other hand, I think that Ultrasone Dj sig and Dj One Pro are exactly where most people would like them, while Pro880 seems to be regarded as smoother - so more people might like them 
cool.gif

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #8,970 of 12,992
Ok, I tried doing a paper test for my Audio Technica ATH-WS770iS. I have no clue if I did it right, lol. I had my MacBook Pro out trying some music players and decided what the hell, I'll make a vid real quick. The player was Clementine, no eq cuz I don't believe the player has one, to my iFi Micro iDSD with X Bass switched on. I've sinced switched to Audirvana, a much better player imo. Anyway, here is the vid, let me know what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back