The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 13, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #8,897 of 12,992
  My issue is that everything in my signature was purchased in the past 3 months. Wallet is crying, especially as it knows I'm jumping on a HD 6xx at any chance asap.

Nearly everything in my signature was purchased in the past month, and that's while trying to hold back!

Z did the 1000, just incase anyone interested.

That was what was being discussed just a few posts ago.

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #8,898 of 12,992

Z did the 1000, just incase anyone interested.

Never used the term basshead once.

Not in a negative form and not in any form. most SZ vids on YT are related to bass/basshead/tests and you'd never know it if you just watched his now 2 vids.

He trolls like a Ninja. Good stuff.
tongue.gif

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #8,899 of 12,992

Nearly everything in my signature was purchased in the past month, and that's while trying to hold back!

That was what was being discussed just a few posts ago.

LMAO! Well yea only certain people will know him by Zeos, aka Fred Durst (if you saw the car review and his reflected image), and some know him as Z Reviews, but most don't. I dont really go with his recommendations anymore after the 9500 + boob cup fiasco. Sometimes I think we forget most people, even on head-fi dont know Z reviews. I just put it there knowing that some may have seen it, but many would probably miss it. I will watch any and all reviews really. SOme are funny, some overly informative, but you can always learn something , after all one will never really get to listen to all/ hold all cans. Our Senpai here is great for bass info, Tyll (with his minor trolling and very informative stuff), mr techagent is really into headphones and explains headphones well, lachlanlikes athing seems good for simplicity (aka portable and non amp/dac ), metal571 is good, its a fun/ny hobby

Never used the term basshead once.

Not in a negative form and not in any form. most SZ vids on YT are related to bass/basshead/tests and you'd never know it if you just watched his now 2 vids.

He trolls like a Ninja. Good stuff.
tongue.gif

I guess with any hobby, you need to know the good , bad, and ugly. Bassheads are a misunderstood crowd. I also played goal in ice hockey, and they are also misunderstood.

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #8,900 of 12,992
  Do you mean the DBX goRack Performance Processor? It's in his discription, pretty cheap at $30 and worth getting to see if actually does improve anything. But with enough power and good eqing I don't think this should be necessary.

Yeah, that's the one, thanks!  I'd pretty much just use it with my PS4 since there is no way to EQ it.  I'll most likely check it out and report back in. 

Not sure what the beef with the Z and the SZ1000 was anyways, it's really not a lot of work to just make an extra set of RCA connections and move some EQ sliders around. 

Feb 13, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #8,901 of 12,992
  Quote:
My issue is that everything in my signature was purchased in the past 3 months. Wallet is crying, especially as it knows I'm jumping on a HD 6xx at any chance asap.
So, that said.. out of the TH-x00 I am willing to wait for the PH! :)

You don't sound like a salesman, just someone who wants others to experience the sound of the TH-x00 haha

Yeah...I know how that goes haha.  I spent around $700 getting my SZ2K setup running in about a month or so...it was a nice month haha.  Then I used it daily for hours for a year very happily.  But then I found a good deal on an X00 and it far exceeded my expectations.  Sad to say my SZ doesn't get much time anymore.  I was going to start using the SZ at work until my boss axed our over ear headphone policy...with one ear only iem allowed now, I don't get to jam out at work anymore and am looking to find work elsewhere now haha.  Ain't no one gonna get between me and my music and get away with it!

Feb 13, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #8,902 of 12,992

Yeah, that's the one, thanks!  I'd pretty much just use it with my PS4 since there is no way to EQ it.  I'll most likely check it out and report back in. 

Not sure what the beef with the Z and the SZ1000 was anyways, it's really not a lot of work to just make an extra set of RCA connections and move some EQ sliders around. 

It doesn't matter really except that he might cause some of his fans to steer clear of this specific model. He might have some weird ears, who knows. But bassheads will always type in most bass this and most bass that, so they always take the plunge.

I'm not agreeing with what he's saying overall, but in one sense, what he says about amps/EQ/ pad change is true for most headphone consumers who want a relatively affordable plug and play which offer big sound straight from their phone.

Eventually they may tinker and see that certain phones will buzz when pushed, and experiment, and then type in most bass etc. and end up with an sz or another on the list.

His creaking video of sz delayed my purchase, and i eventually had faith in this thread overriding that, and now i take his recommendations with a big grain of salt. So yeah.
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #8,903 of 12,992

It doesn't matter really except that he might cause some of his fans to steer clear of this specific model. He might have some weird ears, who knows. But bassheads will always type in most bass this and most bass that, so they always take the plunge.

I'm not agreeing with what he's saying overall, but in one sense, what he says about amps/EQ/ pad change is true for most headphone consumers who want a relatively affordable plug and play which offer big sound straight from their phone.

Eventually they may tinker and see that certain phones will buzz when pushed, and experiment, and then type in most bass etc. and end up with an sz or another on the list.

His creaking video of sz delayed my purchase, and i eventually had faith in this thread overriding that, and now i take his recommendations with a big grain of salt. So yeah.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I'd never let a single person persuade me to buy or not by something.  But that's the beauty of this thread, the paper speaks for itself haha.  What he said about them being  like a three wheeled car is kinda true I guess haha.  Everyone has different things they like and that's okay.  We can all celebrate diversity and just be thankful that there are options for everyone, both in headphones, and in life.  I was born a basshead and will always be a basshead.  I'm sure Z will have sold a lot more SZs than he thinks when he said that they have "the most bass.  A stupid amount of bass."  Stupid bass is clearly what a lot of people are after.  I just wish he did paper test on all his reviews haha.  Then they'd actually be useful to me aside from the amusement I get from some of his better jokes.

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #8,904 of 12,992
  Quote:
So, that said.. out of the TH-x00 I am willing to wait for the PH! :)

You don't sound like a salesman, just someone who wants others to experience the sound of the TH-x00 haha

I am also awaiting the x00 PH... The Mahogany drop just ended.. the Ebony Drop just started.. im thinking not to long for the PH to drop again, which is why im just going to wait as well :)

Edit: I'd love the Ebony too, but the only thing that would make me jump on those before the PH is if I was assured some zebra coloring on my cups instead of the all more common all black ebony cups

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #8,905 of 12,992
I am also awaiting the x00 PH... The Mahogany drop just ended.. the Ebony Drop just started.. im thinking not to long for the PH to drop again, which is why im just going to wait as well :)

Edit: I'd love the Ebony too, but the only thing that would make me jump on those before the PH is if I was assured some zebra coloring on my cups instead of the all more common all black ebony cups

You guys are making me want to sell my mahogany and go for purpleheart haha.

I am really saving for a th900 though. Eventually I'll get some marbled lawton wood on there and put the red sexy on my thx00. :D

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #8,906 of 12,992

I am really saving for a th900 though. Eventually I'll get some marbled lawton wood on there and put the red sexy on my thx00.
biggrin.gif

I had a guy offering to sell me his EMU Teak's because the sound signature was too close to his th900 mk2.

Not sure if this is relevant to your desire'd purchase, since it is 1/2 - 1/3 the cost .. and now has removable cables (the model being sold was pre-removable cable or it would have been a done deal already)

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #8,908 of 12,992

I am really saving for a th900 though. Eventually I'll get some marbled lawton wood on there and put the red sexy on my thx00.
biggrin.gif

I'm considering looking for some other ear cups for the THX00.  I wonder if those are the only tuning differences? The density of the cup wood?

I saw Lawton has TH900 cups on their website but are currently out of stock.

Feb 13, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #8,909 of 12,992

I'm considering looking for some other ear cups for the THX00.  I wonder if those are the only tuning differences? The density of the cup wood?

I saw Lawton has TH900 cups on their website but are currently out of stock.

EMU sells cups individually of different woods for $100 + 20S/H.. I think you need to e-mail them to request though. And they take time as they make them to order.  Ive read from those who have ordered cups that the wood does in fact change the sound (which lines up with them stating the x00 all use the same speakers, and the wood is the difference).

(Edit: people sell these with their x00's and buy them for their x00's from what I read, I have not purchased my x00 yet so I wouldn't be able to 100% verify but apparently they fit)

Feb 13, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #8,910 of 12,992
  I had a guy offering to sell me his EMU Teak's because the sound signature was too close to his th900 mk2.

Not sure if this is relevant to your desire'd purchase, since it is 1/2 - 1/3 the cost .. and now has removable cables (the model being sold was pre-removable cable or it would have been a done deal already)

Thanks for the info, I'm really after the strong magnet in the th900 though.  Should yield a noticeable increase in bass impact and fidelity that I'm after.  The red cups are just a bonus.  I just hope the price goes down and not up.  I recently saw a $200 jump on amazon for the MK2 which I'm not too happy about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back