The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Dec 23, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #5,671 of 12,991
I'm not an audiophile or anything. But I couldn't help but pass up on some Yamaha pro 500 for a really good deal. I read they have good bass. I'm coming from phiaton ms400 which died on me. Anyone have experience with the Yamaha? I should be getting them in the day after Christmas. I'm excited!

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #5,672 of 12,991
I'm not an audiophile or anything. But I couldn't help but pass up on some Yamaha pro 500 for a really good deal. I read they have good bass. I'm coming from phiaton ms400 which died on me. Anyone have experience with the Yamaha? I should be getting them in the day after Christmas. I'm excited!

I've actually been curious about those since they came out! never seen one in the flesh. please post your thoughts about it!!! i want to know!
also post if you use an amp, what amp if so, and what your source is :wink:

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #5,673 of 12,991

Welcome!

You got a good set.  If your a basshead, the yamaha have great bass.

Theres a list on the first page of this thread that consist of the bassiest headphones out there.  Take a look.

Get a  amp for the yamahas and enjoy

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #5,676 of 12,991

I'm aware, but never found them around when they were in production either.
One day I hope i'll find some on the used market and be fortunate enough to grab them before anyone else does.

i would say at the beginning of the year, they were discounted heavily, below 200 from amazon.

Should've, could've.... didn't.....

Dec 24, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #5,677 of 12,991
I actually am going to be getting two and selling one. I will be getting a blue and a black. Opened and used a few hours one day and put back in box and just sat there. Still have all original packaging. If interested in buying one let me know.

Dec 24, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #5,679 of 12,991
Just discovered DJ Snake, How Low album. Epic sub bass. Not sure if it's been mentioned here or used to test bass and I'm just late to the party, but man, it's got 20-30 Hz like nothing I've heard before. Will be my new standard for getting low. Really let's the xbass on the ican shine.

Dec 24, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #5,681 of 12,991
Just discovered DJ Snake, How Low album. Epic sub bass. Not sure if it's been mentioned here or used to test bass and I'm just late to the party, but man, it's got 20-30 kHz like nothing I've heard before. Will be my new standard for getting low.

Do you have the CD? I've never ever been able to find a physical copy of this album.

Dec 24, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #5,684 of 12,991
Hey all, I am looking for a pair of headphones that has a LOT of bass as I mostly listen to Edm, but I still want to be able to cleanly hear the mids and highs. I have a pair of HD 598s, and they sound great but the bass is very lacking. A lot of people have recommended the vmoda m100, but I have a budget of $600, so I'm wondering what other options there are for more money. Right now I'm looking at the audioquest Nighthawk and the fostex th600 but if anyone has other suggestions that would be great. Thanks!

TH-600 would be a good investment.  I returned the AQ NightHawk.  They're nice but not even close to the TH-600.

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #5,685 of 12,991
  Good thoughts, fortunately in no rush , plenty of time to stew around in my head for a while.

I wonder if anyone has "modded" their DJs with a paint job- probably destroys the resale value but I've seen some pretty cool custom jobs on HD25s.

Looking forward to the Mojo review
very_evil_smiley.gif

I had and recently sold the Signature DJ. It's a exquisitely fantastic headphone with solid bass. Although I liked the white and black aesthetic, I seriously considered painting mine for a time. If any of you have ever held the stone textured S'Well bottle, that was my idea. To me, there's something strangely tactile and pleasing about 'stone' textured paint. My color options were down to variations of orange and blue.

In the end, I'm glad I didn't paint them as they were easier to sell. However, a bump in resell value could be actualized if the paint job is top notch and perceivably 'adds' value. Just don't ruin the Ethiopian sheepskin....

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back