The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 8, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #4,832 of 12,991
  I second this.
When I turn on he X-Bass feature, my head nearly explodes with the Fostex.

Edit: yes sir, ifi makes some good ****.  thinking about going with the micro.  ******* MONSTER for a portable!!

Have been getting PM from  owners of the Micro who gush about it which begs the question why it's not standard basshead fare? I know it's like $499 but you got pay the cost to be the boss. @knorris908    and a herd of folks say it kicks the piss out of gear 2 3 times the cost. Might have to make it THE official amp of this thread.

I appeal to you....brothers.....

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-idsd/

​

The new Official amp rec of the Head-Fi Extreme Bass Club

​

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #4,836 of 12,991

Have been getting PM from  owners of the Micro who gush about it which begs the question why it's not standard basshead fare? I know it's like $499 but you got pay the cost to be the boss. @knorris908    and a herd of folks say it kicks the piss out of gear 2 3 times the cost. Might have to make it THE official amp of this thread.

I appeal to you....brothers.....

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/micro-idsd/

​

​

The new Official amp rec of the Head-Fi Extreme Bass Club

​
 ​

That's a lot of clout for an amp to do that without being tested..

But hey, i dont question if a 500 hp Skyline is fast...

Also, you know why its never been mention in this part of the world.  The cool kids on top of audiophile hill, looks down on us here at bassland.  They don't like it when we touch there stuff.  We'll just have to much fun and mess it all up.   

CAN YOU DIG IT!!!! CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #4,837 of 12,991
The Ifi comes in at almost AUD $800 landed for me. Trying to run the $350 AUD SZ2000 out of it seems a bit weird considering that your biggest upgrade is usually headphones. L

As it is the Cayin can already overdrive these and using my 4 desktop amps, I'm struggling to improve the SZ2000s already impressive output. I've owned the iBasso PB2 which puts out a fair bit of power but with portable audio, it's a case of diminishing return considering I can buy 4 or 5 Cayins or a well specced high power DAP like the N6.

$800 will buy me a TH600 or Ultrasone DJs and the Fostex don't need a lot of power to operate as the TH900 punches hard off my Arrow 4G. $300-350 is the most I could pay for the Ifi.

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #4,838 of 12,991

That's a lot of clout for an amp to do that without being tested..

But hey, i dont question if a 500 hp Skyline is fast...

Also, you know why its never been mention in this part of the world.  The cool kids on top of audiophile hill, looks down on us here at bassland.  They don't like it when we touch there stuff.  We'll just have to much fun and mess it all up.   

CAN YOU DIG IT!!!! CAN YOU DIG IT!!!!!

"Because we got the streetz sukaz!!!!.......................Can you dig it???"

+1 for knowing the moment

The Ifi comes in at almost AUD $800 landed for me. Trying to run the $350 AUD SZ2000 out of it seems a bit weird considering that your biggest upgrade is usually headphones. L

As it is the Cayin can already overdrive these and using my 4 desktop amps, I'm struggling to improve the SZ2000s already impressive output. I've owned the iBasso PB2 which puts out a fair bit of power but with portable audio, it's a case of diminishing return considering I can buy 4 or 5 Cayins or a well specced high power DAP like the N6.

$800 will buy me a TH600 or Ultrasone DJs and the Fostex don't need a lot of power to operate as the TH900 punches hard off my Arrow 4G. $300-350 is the most I could pay for the Ifi.

I get it. Priorities are different for everybody. Which item gets how much money depends on the buyer.
Good clean power makes everything sound just a touch better and running on a DAC that passes bit perfect or ups to 1 trillion Hz ...is worth it to me.

I got a kite last night and a bird gave me the word. That bird is drippin' with juice....smells like O.G. oil. Word is born.

Amen.

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #4,839 of 12,991
I'm currently kitting up a portable kit with the Geek Out 1000, Cayin C5 and a 6000mah battery. Plugs into any android device and you can use either the Geek Out or the Cayin depending on your mood. The Geek Out is a serious piece of kit and punches way above its weight. People have been powering orthos pretty well.

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #4,842 of 12,991
The Cayin has that warm and punchy bass and the Geek Out has a solid dac built in. The high output voltage of the Geek Out as a DAC helps the overall quality of the Cayin. It's a one two punch as you can also use the Geek Out if you want a change of taste.

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #4,844 of 12,991
Double amping isn't ideal, but sound is subjective and so is bass so if that's what rocks you're boat, do it :). The more stages the signal runs through the worse usually, but I doubt you'd notice on anything but the TH-x00s in this setting... as long as you're not clipping.

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #4,845 of 12,991

Users who are viewing this thread

Back