Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Apr 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #121 of 3,060
Quote:
Westone 3: $50 (Crazy clearance sale a few months ago - selling my Westone 2s for $100 as part of buying them...)

and you only bought 1?  I would have bought the entire stock

Apr 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #122 of 3,060

Oh I did buy the entire stock (of 1 :wink: ) It was at InMotion @ Dulles Airport. I had already tried to find it at Charlotte and Knoxville airports. There was one pair left when I got them and when I got to St. Louis they didn't have any either.

I love that Nano setup you have, it looks cool!

Apr 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #123 of 3,060
Quote:
Oh I did buy the entire stock (of 1
wink.gif
) It was at InMotion @ Dulles Airport. I had already tried to find it at Charlotte and Knoxville airports. There was one pair left when I got them and when I got to St. Louis they didn't have any either.

I love that Nano setup you have, it looks cool!

hahaha i see.  Thanks, took me a lot of different setups to find the one i was happy with, sadly it has to go.  

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #124 of 3,060
Quote:

Mate, if you think this rig is suitable for a BUDGET PORTABLE RIG, you must be loaded, my friend. 
tongue.gif

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #130 of 3,060
Quote:
The title of this thread has something to do with it, maybe if we change the name of this thread from "Budget-Fi Portable Rig" to "Cheap-Fi under $100 Portable Rig" those damn custom iem with ridiculously good cables won't exist in this thread. HAHAHA 

Hahaha my original point, exactly. If this thread were to hold the "Cheap-Fi under $100 Portable Rig", his rig wouldn't even be in here, let alone the cable and the CIEM 
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #133 of 3,060
it was pretty budget.... jh13's were remolded ones from another head-fier done by fisher audio, the cable was a favor done by craig if you believe it or not it was 75 bucks and i have the emails between us to prove it (Craig you're the man),  the LOD was another favor from craig (dont even want to mention how much it was but lets just say the fiio lods in this thread cost more than what i paid),  and well... the shadow is a shadow, it was the best fit for the nano (which a guy traded me for a clip for...not a clip+ but just the orginal clip that i got from craigslist for 10 bucks)

so all in all it was pretty budget.

but wait till you see my next budget setup.... going to be the absolute best sounding setup for under 100 bucks.  

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #134 of 3,060
it was pretty budget.... jh13's were remolded ones from another head-fier done by fisher audio, the cable was a favor done by craig if you believe it or not it was 75 bucks and i have the emails between us to prove it (Craig you're the man),  the LOD was another favor from craig (dont even want to mention how much it was but lets just say the fiio lods in this thread cost more than what i paid),  and well... the shadow is a shadow, it was the best fit for the nano (which a guy traded me for a clip for...not a clip+ but just the orginal clip that i got from craigslist for 10 bucks)

so all in all it was pretty budget.

but wait till you see my next budget setup.... going to be the absolute best sounding setup for under 100 bucks.  

If you don't mind, could you give me Craig's account name? I might buy some stuff off him!

And I can't wait to see your next rig! Keep them coming! :)

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #135 of 3,060
Quote:
Steampunk Modded Alessandro MS1i + Hippo Box amp + Hippo Biscuit player

that pesky straight to L cable connector makes things very difficult in my pocket, not to mention my massive cable winder 
angry_face.gif
(not in picture)

I love the looks of the hippo stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back