1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by trolldragon, Feb 13, 2013.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last
  1. streetdragon
    Quote:
    The fact you don't have to take them off or cut the music just to talk to someone[​IMG]

2. TrollDragon
    ^ This.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

3. Achmedisdead
    Quote:

Quote:
    Not everyone goes the same places on-the-go. I use two open 'phones as portables, the Sennheiser PX90 (which I've had for a while) and my new ones, Ultrasone HFI-15G (which just came yesterday). Portable for me is when I go for a walk, or if I go on a shopping trip. Nice to be able to just hit pause in the store to be able to communicate with a cashier (and not have to remove headphones), and when I am walking, I prefer to be able to hear the cars coming (I've been hit by cars twice in my younger years). If there's so much traffic noise as to drown out my tunes, then I'll just turn them off, rather than destroy my hearing.

There are no trains in my town, and I don't go on planes....if I was taking a long car trip, there are closed 'phones I would carry along instead, sure.

Newest portable combination...... 

DSCN1218pt.2.png

Clip Zip: $40
    32GB card in it: $22
    Headphones: $64

Allergies have me all congested, but early impressions of the headphones are promising. [​IMG]

4. Achmedisdead
    triple post [​IMG]
    due to Head-Fi maintenance

5. Achmedisdead

6. streetdragon
    And don't worry i have my closed pair too when i'm in a noisy place and will not likely communicate with people.

add on: aww yeah maintenance!

7. TrollDragon
    Quote:
    Looks great, I'm wainting for your review... [​IMG]

8. Rossy007
    Here is my new complete system. Been running for about 6 hours and it sounds awesome.

new-setup.jpg

9. sofastreamer
    looks awesome. clean and classic understatement. 

10. spinnin
    Quote:
    Guys have more expensive gear than you in the other thread? Better is a completely subjective term, IMO. If you like what you have, who is to say that someone else's stuff is better than what you have? Just my $.02 on the subject.

11. Rossy007
    Thanks, I am a bit of a neat freak

12. spinnin
    My latest acquisitions: Behringer UCA222 (desktop PC use only), Sansa Clip + 4GB, Superlux HD-681, and Fiio E5. The combination sounds very good together. I also throw in my Fiio E11, as well, from time to time. I'm looking for velour ear pads for the 681's. If anyone has a link for them, I would very much appreciate the help. Thanks!

photo1.jpg

13. spinnin
    Quote:
    How do you like the Schiit Magni amp?

14. Rossy007
    I cant believe how good it sounds. I leave them running while I'm at work and every time I come back I seem to notice the top end is not so hard and the bottom end has more detail. I am very satisfied with this setup and cant wait for the weeks and months to come.

Thanks everyone for putting me on the right track.

15. Anewills
    I don't really go out and about with it, but it has the ability to be portable! Probably more than 500, but I got the Ipod for free from my parents who never used it [​IMG], so it's way less than 500 for me.  I find it really hard to believe that spending 2000 dollars I don't have on really nice equipment will sound that much better than this.

160 GB Ipod Classic, fiio e11, Soundmagic HP100

Ipodrig001.png

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last