Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Feb 24, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #2,596 of 3,060

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Edifier-H750P-HIFI-Headphones-Heavy-bass-Head-mounted-mobile-communications-headset-puckering-laptop-drive-by-wire/32341910263.html

You could check the China deals thread, but I would stay away from the Puckering Headphones for $50.

And they have an Android adapter. You can go pucking with an iPhone or an Android phone :wink: I guess I'll better get a new job and get get the Momentums again. Or the Grado's. A guy is selling the SR-80i for $150 dollars. Around $4000 pesos last time I checked.

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #2,597 of 3,060
And they have an Android adapter. You can go pucking with an iPhone or an Android phone :wink: I guess I'll better get a new job and get get the Momentums again. Or the Grado's. A guy is selling the SR-80i for $150 dollars. Around $4000 pesos last time I checked.

Normally if they have a single product in a country you can get a couple more products. Where I live they could order much of the Sennheiser line. You had to give them 1/2 as a deposit. Still if you can find a pair of Edifier H840s for $39 USD I would get them. Just ask them to order them for you. Next up is the H850s at about $40 more, I'm going to have to order them. But so far Edifier makes really bad IEMs. I have listened to about maybe 10 different ones. Still though I'm guessing I may find an Ediifier IEM I like someday?

The H840s are going to be bass centric anyway you look at em, though after 100 hrs burn-in they get a little more nimble bass wise with portables. Still dark but detailed. Also maybe not a signature for all?

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #2,598 of 3,060

Have you heard Grado's before? I have only heard two pair an SR60 set that the store let me return the same afternoon I purchased em. Just not my style. My friend had a pair of SR325s?? For sale same thing, just too bright for my ears, though I never really spent much time with em. Those were my like in 3 seconds or not formative head-fi years.

Feb 27, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #2,599 of 3,060
Have you heard Grado's before? I have only heard two pair an SR60 set that the store let me return the same afternoon I purchased em. Just not my style. My friend had a pair of SR325s?? For sale same thing, just too bright for my ears, though I never really spent much time with em. Those were my like in 3 seconds or not formative head-fi years.

Hey Moose. I had the SR-60 and the Alessandro MS-1m, which are like a mix of the SR-80 and SR-125. The first time I got a pair I didn't liked them, but I tried an already broken pair in a store I loved them. I think they make just about any player sound its best. Even cheap ass MP3 players.

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #2,600 of 3,060
Refurbished Rockboxed Clip Zip ($25 on eBay)​
Topping NX-1 interconnect (spare part came with purchase of NX-1)​
XDUOO XQ-10 portable amplifier (birthday gift from Penon Audio)​
Takstar HI2050 headphones ($37 on Aliexpress)​
Brainwavz HM-5 velour memory foam pads in black ($20 on Amazon)​
 ​
Total investment- $82​
Sound- fantastic​
 ​
You don't have to spend a lot of money to make something that sounds epic. Follow the threads and keep your eyes open for deals!​

Feb 29, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #2,601 of 3,060

Total investment- $82​
Sound- fantastic​

You don't have to spend a lot of money to make something that sounds epic. Follow the threads and keep your eyes open for deals!​

Total investment- $82​
Sound- fantastic​

Congrats my friend, I like this spirit ☺

I used to buy $700+ rigs but I wasn't really happy. My SE846 is sleeping in the drawer since months as it has become useless when I sold my RWAK100, it doesn't pairs well with most devices I own. I'm actually looking to buy a decent sub $200 iem along with a dap that doesn't cross the $350 limit with a very fun sound signature.

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #2,608 of 3,060
Got a Ruizu X02 sounds shockingly good for $18 . couldn't resist at that price

Enjoy! Just wondering does it have internal memory or come with 4GB of memory card?

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #2,609 of 3,060

-iPod touch 4th gen 8gb
-Fiio L17 audio cable 

-Fiio e11k/a3 portable amp
-Xiaomi hybrid iem

This combo may be a bit of an eye-sore being held by just overlapping bands, but damn do i love this thing. I call it "ugly betty", but this is my work horse through and through. Depending on the day, i'll even replace the xiaomi with my ZERO audio carbo-bassos or even my full sized phones and the bass blows my socks off. Very fun rig, recommend to anyone just getting started into the portable music game.
iPod($50)+Fiio e11k/a3($50-80 [won an auction on ebay for $46])+Fiio L17 cable($15)+Xiaomi Hybrid iem($20)= ~$135-$165
Not the least expensive, but fun and portable with TONNES of POWER! 
L3000.gif

*i even add my sansa clip zip into the mix, the iPod is strictly for my rhapsody subscription with decent audio-quality, whereas the clip zip holds everything else, god bless the expandable memory 
beerchug.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #2,610 of 3,060

-iPod touch 4th gen 8gb
-Fiio L17 audio cable 

-Fiio e11k/a3 portable amp
-Xiaomi hybrid iem

This combo may be a bit of an eye-sore being held by just overlapping bands, but damn do i love this thing. I call it "ugly betty", but this is my work horse through and through. Depending on the day, i'll even replace the xiaomi with my ZERO audio carbo-bassos or even my full sized phones and the bass blows my socks off. Very fun rig, recommend to anyone just getting started into the portable music game.
iPod($50)+Fiio e11k/a3($50-80 [won an auction on ebay for $46])+Fiio L17 cable($15)+Xiaomi Hybrid iem($20)= ~$135-$165
Not the least expensive, but fun and portable with TONNES of POWER! :L3000:  

*i even add my sansa clip zip into the mix, the iPod is strictly for my rhapsody subscription with decent audio-quality, whereas the clip zip holds everything else, god bless the expandable memory :beerchug:  

Nice rig, however I have a concern regarding the E11K as it doesn't sounds good with devices that doesn't have a line out. Both ampliers are being used at the same time and that affects the SQ. I was only able to get a good synergy with Fiio daps, how do you experienced it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back