Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200)
Oct 18, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #1,831 of 3,060

And since we are going cheap here. A Memorex CD player, only five dollars, with the SONY XBA-1 (my only iems at the moment). U2's Rattle and Hum spinning and I am happy.

Oct 18, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #1,832 of 3,060
OMG, this is going to sound silly, probably, but since the Pistons are made for IOS or Android devices, I was wondering if using them in a player with a normal 3.5mm headphone out caused false contacts or stuff like that, which I have found with cans made for Android on normal audio jacks. Is this truth or the Pistons can be used with any player?

That is pretty silly because the Xiaomi Pistons are created for Xiaomi phone which are Android. haha.

On a serious note. The X1 has a TRRS female jack and it is actually remote capable. So you can pause and skip tracks as you would normally, though the volume control does not work.

In most normal TRS situation the mic and ground rings get shorted and both are use as the ground, in effect completely voiding the mic function.

Oct 18, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #1,833 of 3,060
That is pretty silly because the Xiaomi Pistons are created for Xiaomi phone which are Android. haha.

On a serious note. The X1 has a TRRS female jack and it is actually remote capable. So you can pause and skip tracks as you would normally, though the volume control does not work.

In most normal TRS situation the mic and ground rings get shorted and both are use as the ground, in effect completely voiding the mic function.

Thanks. How about other players with a normal headphone jack? Does it work well?

Oct 18, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #1,834 of 3,060
OMG, this is going to sound silly, probably, but since the Pistons are made for IOS or Android devices, I was wondering if using them in a player with a normal 3.5mm headphone out caused false contacts or stuff like that, which I have found with cans made for Android on normal audio jacks. Is this truth or the Pistons can be used with any player?

I guess that depends on the player.

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #1,837 of 3,060
  There were some devices (like sony xperia play) that cannot use idevice style headphones... different kind of jack. Don't think this is used much anymore though :wink:

Yeah, I guess so. But with so many people recommending the Pistons I was wondering if I should get them for the player I may be getting by Xmas (don't ask, it's gonna be a surprise) which as far as I know has a normal jack. I don't wan't to find out that I can only use them with my phone, at least not without issues. Guess I'll have to spend a bit more and get some Sure iems.

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #1,838 of 3,060
If you're going to spend a bit more you can do better than shure (unless you're talking se425+)! Check havi b3 pro1 or ttpod t1-e. Both very popular for sq to price ratio. Also I'm pretty sure the pistons will work with "normal" headphone jacks

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #1,839 of 3,060
  If you're going to spend a bit more you can do better than shure (unless you're talking se425+)! Check havi b3 pro1 or ttpod t1-e. Both very popular for sq to price ratio. Also I'm pretty sure the pistons will work with "normal" headphone jacks

Yeap, I forgot about the TTPods. They would probably be just fine. Thanks for reminding me.

Oct 20, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #1,844 of 3,060
  Why do people still buy ipod touches when you can get android phones with micro sd for sub $50?  I literally paid $33 out of pocket for this phone.  

Probably Apple stockholders
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back