Headphones you regretted buying the most
Jun 8, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #1,368 of 1,852
I got a pair of C5 bowers & wilkins.  Left chanel was out of phase and factory wanted 150U$ to fixem.
Never again.

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #1,371 of 1,852
Philips Downtown, read lots of reviews of people praising the comfort and sound quality of these.  Yes the eapads are super cushioned and soft, however I could never get comfortable with them.  They clamped on my ears kinda hard and always resulted in sweating within 15 minutes of wearing them.  Sound quality wise too they were hardder than expected to drive for portables, and would distort on slightly higher than listening volumes. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #1,372 of 1,852
AKG K514 MKII, horrendously harsh and bright and had basically no bass. It was sibilant on basically anything, by far the brightest and harshest headphone I have ever heard. If any headphone fits the shrieking banshee moniker, it's these things. If they had tame highs and decent bass they would of actually been good headphones. Another headphone I regret for a different reason is the Sennheiser PX-100 ii, it has way too much midbass, so much it can hurt my ears on bass-heavy music. The midrange also rubs me the wrong way, something about it bothers me, the treble is too recessed as well. It literally sounds like a better and open version of the Beats Solo HD, had the chance to compare them side to side, the two headphones sound a lot alike.

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #1,374 of 1,852
Ultrasone Pro 900.

Didn't hate them or anything, it´s just that I've liked all the other headphones that I´ve owned better :)

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #1,375 of 1,852
Quote:
D5k- it opened my eyes to how wonderful my fav musics can sound and that has cost me $$$
smily_headphones1.gif

Not in a negative way , I may add, love those Denons

THIS ^ --

I like this approach.  I get it.  I agree with it. 

I now own 10 headphones and 6 really pretty good ones.  All because of that one hit of Denon myself..................

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #1,376 of 1,852
Quote:
So far, it's got to be the V-Moda M-100. So much bass, it was distracting.

Yes V-moda M-100.... They are not very good I don't know what all the fuss is about and also the comfort is the worst I have ever used out of 50+ pairs of headphones. Why there is a 1000 page thread of pure hype about these headphones I have no idea... Even if they were not painful to wear the sound is not really that good anyway, about 50% of the sound is so recessed it is almost inaudible.

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #1,377 of 1,852
Quote:
D5k- it opened my eyes to how wonderful my fav musics can sound and that has cost me $$$
smily_headphones1.gif

Not in a negative way , I may add, love those Denons

Yes the Denons are great headphones, I would buy these over the M-100 every time, night and day better quality because they actually reproduce all of the music clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back