Headphones you regretted buying the most
Jun 20, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #1,397 of 1,852
mmmm i c. Wonder if there are meets in austin or houston since they're like a hr and thirty min away. Other than that it would be impossible for me at the moment since a poor graduate student has neither the flexibility nor the money.

actually, kimvictor, do you know if there are good places to audit near seoul since it says ur from korea? I'm in seoul myself at the moment cause of my internship. (i'm actually a korean myself) More specifically where i can audit something like audeze lcd 2 or 3 or stax 

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #1,398 of 1,852
Quote:
mmmm i c. Wonder if there are meets in austin or houston since they're like a hr and thirty min away. Other than that it would be impossible for me at the moment since a poor graduate student has neither the flexibility nor the money

They do hold meets regularly at austin and houston. I would check the meets thread.

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #1,408 of 1,852
Even though I deeply regret buying a V-moda Crosfade LP (prior to my head-fi reading and subsecuentialy better chioces afterwards), they broke and I got an M-80 as replacement  Although the M-80 is not a horrible headphone, there are MUCH better ones out there that I did not know of.

Months after that I auditioned the Beyerdynamic DT1350 and was totally floored (they cost about US 492 here in Chile so they way too expensive for me, the m80 is about US 236 in Chile). It's not regret what I feel it's more like dissapointment.

I also hate the way most chilean retailers inflate prices to astronomical proportions. There's only one shop that have decent prices in my country, mediaplayer.cl they sell the Hifiman HE-400 for US 423 which is a bargain here for such a SQ, they are not perfect but I think I will get more bang for my bucks regarding SQ alone if I go for the HE-400 in spite of the chasm between the design and functionality of the the beyers. I will never pay close to 500 dollars for a portable unless they provide me financlal consulting , friendly conversation and a boost in my IQ
tongue_smile.gif

P,S  I partially regret buying the Vsonic GR04 Pro audiophile flagship blah blah blah on a whim they are bass anemic and overly euphonic.

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #1,409 of 1,852
I got a pair of Beats Solo with my HTC Sensation XL: Stay away: I had to send them back 4 times to repair because of channel imbalance, driver flex and distortion at high frequencies.

This is from my profile:

Audeze LCD-2: Biggest headphones ever. I do have to admit I wasn't made for these cans: they sound wonderful but not a thousand reasons better than any other headphones. Sometimes we have to understand our limits as human beings or in this particular case our ears; I’m writing this memento to tell everyone to not spend a lot simply because you can. Maybe I have to train my ears but currently I feel like I’m not the rightful owner of these astonishing headphones. I was expecting better instrument separation (I guess I need a better amp) Maybe my expectations were really high… my HP nirvana is out there waiting for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back