Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #77 of 75,342
unfortunately, it is earbuds with clip, not a true earbuds, i dont like it
frown.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #78 of 75,342
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ClieOS, do you heard of Creative Aurvana Air? From what I have read it seems to be a pretty good earbuds for the price.

I have read a few positive reviews of it, but never did see one in real life. I was in Singapore few weeks ago and surprisingly didn't find one in all the stores I visited, which is weird consider it is the country where Creative belongs to.

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #80 of 75,342
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ClieOS, I asked the same question in http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/sen...burner-195209/, but since it is in the Headphone forum, I think it is better trying here.

I see that you are using your MX90 with the foams. Just wonder what's the difference in sound with foams-on and no-foams.

I have a pair of MX90 actually, but lost all the accessories coming with them...

MX90vc is designed to be worn both ways (foam or foam-less). In the early days I use to use the flange / rubber rings as it gives better treble and detail, and sounds less warm and more balanced. The problem with that is the glue (under the rubber ring) Senn used to hold the transducer / grille hates moisture and it starts to deteriorate / disintegrate and turns yellow~brownish. So then my MX90vc is back on the foam again.

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #81 of 75,342
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MX90vc is designed to be worn both ways (foam or foam-less). In the early days I use to use the flange / rubber rings as it gives better treble and detail, and sounds less warm and more balanced. The problem with that is the glue (under the rubber ring) Senn used to hold the transducer / grille hates moisture and it starts to deteriorate / disintegrate and turns yellow~brownish. So then my MX90vc is back on the foam again.

Oh I have the same problem like you. In fact I have to clean them every time I used them because the gluish thing + earwax = something disgusting...It's fine then if you are not using the rubber ring anymore. I think I should get some foams for them
regular_smile .gif

Jun 25, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #83 of 75,342
well there is this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/492165/sennheiser-mx-series-vs-yuin-pk-series-6-earbuds-compared-and-reviewed
There are more, there people comparing the highly regarded IE 8 with the mx 980, so it means they are great. If you search you'll find the comparison. 
After reading much of these threads, I decided to go with sennheiser mx 880 which is cheaper and one of the reviewers said it was better than yuin pk-1 so I tried my luck as I can't afford the much more expensive mx 980
Quote:
Has anyone heard any of the following earbuds.  I would love to hear some feedback on them.

thanks

Blox TM5

Sennheiser-MX-980

Sennheiser-OMX-980

Jun 25, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #84 of 75,342
I do have plan to review MX980 but for some unknown reason the local Senn distro still has not received their stock. For now all I can do is wait. I have not plan for TM5 though.

Jun 25, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #86 of 75,342
thanks.   thats kind of where i'm at too - thinking about just going for the 880.  the mx980 definately costs a bit much, though it seems to be regarded as one of if not THE best earbud.  Though what i really want is the omx980 because having ear hooks would be great for the context i would use them in, but of course the price is outrageous. 
i too have heard that the 880's are still pretty darn good, and of course they do cost less, but im one of those people who always has that little niggle knowing there is a better sounding pair available...  and then of course there is the hassle of returning or reselling if they dont sound like i prefer...  oh the tribulations of an audiophile
wink_face.gif

Quote:
well there is this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/492165/sennheiser-mx-series-vs-yuin-pk-series-6-earbuds-compared-and-reviewed
There are more, there people comparing the highly regarded IE 8 with the mx 980, so it means they are great. If you search you'll find the comparison. 
After reading much of these threads, I decided to go with sennheiser mx 880 which is cheaper and one of the reviewers said it was better than yuin pk-1 so I tried my luck as I can't afford the much more expensive mx 980

Jul 28, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #87 of 75,342
Have any of you had the opportunity to listen to the stock buds packaged with the Sansa Clip+?  I've never been a bud fan at all but these sound pretty damn good.  I'm certainly no an audiophile so maybe that has something to do with me liking these but I'd surely like to here some of you who may have listen to these as well and can give some feedback in comparison to the buds reviewed in this thread.

Sep 17, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #88 of 75,342
New to the forum here but following some threads for a while now, this thread has my special attention because I've been using a Sony MDR e741 for a while now and more and more,
after trying several cheaper in ear models, I love the sound these buds are producing!
Very airy, open and involving, as I would describe them. 

So now I am curious how these compare to the newer earbuds of this era. My estimation is that the mdr e741's have
a respectable age of 18 years now! (bought them with a WM-EX302 walkman back then)

Anyone here in the community still have these too or maybe a comparable model from that time?

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #89 of 75,342
I was always a fan of earbads. So i might grab some a pair. I was surprised when i saw that some of the most high rated from clieos cost like 20 euros!
I especially like the mx 760.
Is there a trap? :) They r sold by in amazon, but not "by" amazon. This means that their genuinity is not guaranteed?

Last. Clieos... why do you think earbuds as cheap as mx760 can keep up with pk1 or crossroads which cost 10x more and yuin is not a big brand like sennheiser. Maybe it should had been the opposite.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #90 of 75,342
The thing about MX760 is there are simply tons and tons of fake out there. But of you can find the real one, it is a pretty good earbud to listen to. I won't say it beats the PK1 or HR1, though it was at one time Sennheiser;s earbud flagship. Ultimately the basic manufacturing of each unit isn't really that different between Yuin and Sennheiser But given Yuin sells much much less each year, the hidden cost becomes very very high, and so is the price. On the other hand Senn own a larger market and sell a lot more earbuds than Yuin, so they can sell it at cheaper price. It is the size of the economy that drives them into different sale pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back