1707395199213.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 8, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #73,863 of 75,214

Attachments

• IMG_5429.jpeg
    IMG_5429.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Feb 8, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #73,865 of 75,214
I use tackle boxes - had a small one, then a big one, now both. :) I’m on the go a lot, so this makes it easy to take everything with me. And keep it organized.
These pics are older, but you get the idea.
IMG_8274.jpeg
That's what i'm talking about. :beerchug:
You never know when you need to run away, so it's better to always be ready :dt880smile:
Do you have wheels on it, I mean like this dude :point_down:

Attachments

• 1707410322823.png
    1707410322823.png
    286.8 KB · Views: 0
Feb 8, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #73,867 of 75,214
So I've finally received the Yinman 600s.

I liked their sound signature right away. This has to be the first set of ear/headphones I've owned where the AMP REALLY makes a difference and not just in the volume that they put out. The volume is more than enough even without any amplification. They do seem quite dark and are similar to LCD2Cs in that they deliver quite a bit of bass with enough of a soundstage to not feel too much in your head when listening.

What troubled me a little bit is the non-detachable cable. It just goes inside the casings without any isolation around it, so I imagine tugging on the cable accidentally might break the solder joints. This not only makes the build rather brittle, but also creates room for a ton of microphonics when the cable moves around the hole in the earphone stems.

After getting used to them for a while, I finally ended up doing some AB testing against the only other earphone set that I own, the FF5s from Fiio, as well as my personal endgame set (I know), the R70x. Without any EQ, they sound nicer than the Fiios. Much better bass response, not shouty or sibilant, warm and musical. Now compared to R70xs or even EQed FF5s they're utter crap. I see how they could be confused for an earphone equivalent of something like the HD650s. The difference is, they're not smooth and musical in their delivery, but rather extremely muddy and non-resolving. Any music with a bit of complexity in it becomes completely unlistenable, which is something I did not expect from anything at this price point. When EQed properly, the FF5s can deliver a nice, punchy bass, smooth mids and non-offensive highs that are just pleasant to listen to. There's enough instrument separation and soundstage to really get lost in the sound and they really do punch well above their weight. The Yinman 600s posses certain characteristics of some much more expensive headphones while retaining the issues of the cheapest buds you can get and there's no way to EQ that out, unfortunately.

On top of all that, there's a significant amount of channel imbalance. Really disappointing. I'm returning them.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #73,868 of 75,214
Unfortunate that you didn't like them.

For me, the Yinmans are something I listen to when I want to relax around the house. They are the easiest on my ears of all the buds I have. I don't like to use them for anything that I expect accurate sound representation for. For example, I don't really like using them at my computer or when watching videos/movies. But for me they have this wonderful sparkling treble that seems to be floating on an ocean of bass. So kinda like the sea and the stars. It's just so soothing.

What troubled me a little bit is the non-detachable cable. It just goes inside the casings without any isolation around it, so I imagine tugging on the cable accidentally might break the solder joints. This not only makes the build rather brittle, but also creates room for a ton of microphonics when the cable moves around the hole in the earphone stems.

This is probably not an issue. I haven't opened them up, but even just a knot inside the shells will adequately protect the solder joints from tugging. I did open up the housing on the plug, and they are very protected inside. I doubt that they missed that point in the shells.

On top of all that, there's a significant amount of channel imbalance. Really disappointing. I'm returning them.
That's unfortunate. I don't have the channel imbalance in mine, so it may be a QC problem with your unit. I expect that these are done by hand, so it's not too surprising, but unfortunate.

Feb 8, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #73,869 of 75,214
I got these yesterday. I was interested in them for the price, and because I talked to the guy and he assured me that I would dig them. Which I can't say that I do without eq.

The signature is very V shaped. Which I don't mind a V shaped tuning when done right. But like others with this type of signature, I'm having to eq the vocals in. They sound very far away. While I don't mind eq'ing, I'd rather not do it.

So this is a pity as the lows has a nice little rumble to them, and the highs are detailed but not fatiguing. And the soundstage is actually some of the best I've heard in my very limited flathead experience.

These won't dethrone the vido, yincrow x6, or the Traceless(Traceless being my favorite) that are at the $5 price range. So it's very hard to recommend the Earmax when even the $1.99 KBear Stellar sounds better. And without any eq.

I have one more budget pair coming(the Qigcom brand) and I think I'm probably done with this budget price range. It's time for me to elevate a bit in the price range.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msCvXKa

Feb 8, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #73,870 of 75,214
So I did what I told myself I would not do... spend a crazy amount of coin on an earbud. @jwilliamhurst just had to list his Cypherus Audio Susvara Black Dragon Earbuds and my impulse control dropped.

I have not had much time with them but I would have to agree with the comments by those who have heard it... it is a brilliant brilliant earbud. Need more time with them though to give more opinion but I am happy with them to say the very least. Kind of blown away tbh.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #73,871 of 75,214
So I did what I told myself I would not do... spend a crazy amount of coin on an earbud. @jwilliamhurst just had to list his Cypherus Audio Susvara Black Dragon Earbuds and my impulse control dropped.

I have not had much time with them but I would have to agree with the comments by those who have heard it... it is a brilliant brilliant earbud. Need more time with them though to give more opinion but I am happy with them to say the very least. Kind of blown away tbh.
Now that is some serious coin on some buds.

Congrats on your new Summit-fi tiered flats!

Feb 8, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #73,872 of 75,214
That's what i'm talking about. :beerchug:
You never know when you need to run away, so it's better to always be ready :dt880smile:
Do you have wheels on it, I mean like this dude :point_down:
It looks like what a doomsday prepper audiophile would use lol.

I liked their sound signature right away. This has to be the first set of ear/headphones I've owned where the AMP REALLY makes a difference and not just in the volume that they put out. The volume is more than enough even without any amplification. They do seem quite dark and are similar to LCD2Cs in that they deliver quite a bit of bass with enough of a soundstage to not feel too much in your head when listening.

After getting used to them for a while, I finally ended up doing some AB testing against the only other earphone set that I own, the FF5s from Fiio, as well as my personal endgame set (I know), the R70x. Without any EQ, they sound nicer than the Fiios. Much better bass response, not shouty or sibilant, warm and musical. Now compared to R70xs or even EQed FF5s they're utter crap. I see how they could be confused for an earphone equivalent of something like the HD650s. The difference is, they're not smooth and musical in their delivery, but rather extremely muddy and non-resolving. Any music with a bit of complexity in it becomes completely unlistenable, which is something I did not expect from anything at this price point. When EQed properly, the FF5s can deliver a nice, punchy bass, smooth mids and non-offensive highs that are just pleasant to listen to. There's enough instrument separation and soundstage to really get lost in the sound and they really do punch well above their weight. The Yinman 600s posses certain characteristics of some much more expensive headphones while retaining the issues of the cheapest buds you can get and there's no way to EQ that out, unfortunately.

I personally went with the DIY route on this one and used a similar driver. It's a lot cheaper and more reliable this way, plus you can tune it. It's driver the 600 ohm beryllium is really great driver I highly recommend checking them out if you ever decide going to the DIY route.
That's unfortunate. I don't have the channel imbalance in mine, so it may be a QC problem with your unit. I expect that these are done by hand, so it's not too surprising, but unfortunate.
Looking back at this thread, there's quite a few complaints of QC issues with the Yinmans. It's a good thing that you didn't have any problems with them.

Congrats on your new earbuds!:L3000:

Feb 9, 2024 at 1:04 AM Post #73,873 of 75,214

thats not good to hear, as mine will arrive later today. i was told, these would be up my alley, as i am into smooth and somewhat darker sound, but most of all i am into very deep soundstages and layering. my Fiio EM5 are still my favorite set to date, so if i will hear the yinmans the same way as you, i wonder which route to go. still i am on the fence for either the Ucotech ES-P1 or P2 because their Brilliante is my second favorite set so far. I also like the my FF3s even though they dont have the magic my original FF3 has regarding soundstage. Maybe the Yincrow RW3000 might be a contender, but then im afraid of V shaped signatures, not to say i hate them.

Feb 9, 2024 at 3:03 AM Post #73,874 of 75,214

Congratulations. Its not cheap by any means but it's the best earbuds that money can buy.

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #73,875 of 75,214
Unlike the Earmax's from my previous post, these qigom flats were a pleasant surprise. Definitely on the same bar, and maybe better, than Vido/Monk+. Traceless is still better though(they're are my budget benchmark).

The mids and highs are pleasantly present with a nice warm but detailed sound. The bass is there and we'll done, but not on par of the Traceless. But no bleeding into the mids. The cable is really good, and you get some nice goodies with it. Some silicon tips which I haven't tried yet, a fist full of foams, and a Qigom velcro band to secure the flats with when you wrap them up.

Like I said, pleasantly surprised. The diy guy(don't know his name) told me that I would like these. But that the 300ohm build is their flagship. So I think those will be my next purchase.

If you're looking for something cheap in price, but good sound quality, cable, and accessories, you cannot go wrong with the 32ohm Qigom build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back