Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 17, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #72,616 of 75,871
So, I have to deny that the Soviets did the same with some of their own colonized(member) countries...

Every country has done some really bad crap at one time or another. Pointing fingers is a pointless exercise unless a mirror is somehow involved.

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #72,618 of 75,871
I've seen some nice bud pictures posted here, so I wanted to put up my own "product shot" as well...

My lastest DIY build: Celeste
Celeste.jpg

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #72,619 of 75,871
@samandhi it looks like my Smabat M5 pro is not coming I already extended the delivery period and talked with the seller but it looks like they don't have it in stock and my order is going to be canceled lol
It might be the same for me... They are still showing as unprocessed on the Smabat site. Maybe it is a sign that I shouldn't have them?! :) Sorry about our luck!
I've seen some nice bud pictures posted here, so I wanted to put up my own "product shot" as well...

Celeste.jpg
Beautiful! :)

Nov 17, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #72,620 of 75,871

Celeste.jpg
Very nice! 😉👍
It might be the same for me... They are still showing as unprocessed on the Smabat site. Maybe it is a sign that I shouldn't have them?! :) Sorry about our luck!
Oh well, might as well get another buds instead. Any recommendations? I'm pretty open to some, but I might order them next time. International shipping is a mess rn because of all the sales and festivities haha.

Nov 17, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #72,621 of 75,871
Very nice! 😉👍

Oh well, might as well get another buds instead. Any recommendations? I'm pretty open to some, but I might order them next time. International shipping is a mess rn because of all the sales and festivities haha.
There are a lot of good ones out there, but since we are thinking about Smabat buds, and if you can get some on secondary market, the M2s Pro (with either 100ohm bio, or 150ohm TI) are fantastic buds from Smabat. Or you could also look for a set of ST10S B&G. They are both wonderful buds.

Here is one M2s Pro set with the SO driver:
https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/smabat-m2s-pro-with-super-one-driver.31350/

Nov 18, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #72,622 of 75,871
The FiiO k11 amp arrived in a record (for me at least) 6 days from AliExpress. Nicely done Haoda store!

Now we're set up and waiting for the Yinman 600. Should be soon!

Nov 18, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #72,623 of 75,871
Nov 18, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #72,624 of 75,871
The FiiO k11 amp arrived in a record (for me at least) 6 days from AliExpress. Nicely done Haoda store!

Now we're set up and waiting for the Yinman 600. Should be soon!

Wow 6 days delivery during 11/11 is amazing logistics time.

Usually my past experience with 11/11 where they are overwhelmed with orders, is like waiting a month or even two!

Nov 18, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #72,625 of 75,871
I've not tried the Go Bar, but have a few other IFI products, and personally I think the IFI warm house sound doesn't synergize well with the warm Yinmans.

Warm + warm = veiled muddy sound.

Go Bar is actually a neutral bass boost sort of sound with good air extension. The Cirrus chip is quite clean sounding too. I've not heard the Yinman but it might pair well from a tonal perspective. As for power, there was plenty on tap but it was never enough to supplant desktop power for me with high impedance earbuds, so I imagine it would be no different with the Yinman. Volume will be sufficient but dynamics will be lacking.

Having said that, everyone has different demands of their gear and some might not miss that tighter, dynamic sound aslong as it is 'loud' enough.

My general rule is anything below 100-150ohm (some range to account for sensitivity) I find works with a good DAP, above that I prefer a desktop amp. Exceptions are usually when it's a bright earbud that actually benefits from lower power to reduce higher Hz accentuation.

Nov 18, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #72,626 of 75,871

Usually my past experience with 11/11 where they are overwhelmed with orders, is like waiting a month or even two!

One of my 11/11 purchases is in the delivery depot in town. Of course that's according to AliExpress tracking, it means they are probably somewhere south of the equator! :rolling_eyes:

Nov 18, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #72,627 of 75,871
Hi to all.
Please need advice - for heavy music better EM5 or Yinman 600? Focus on quality of bass (not quantity) and scene.
Thank you.
I prefer Yinman 600. I don’t have EM5 though but had try once.

Nov 18, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #72,628 of 75,871
Way to busy lately. Had a long session with SU before I had to remove my listening corner from the living room. Some long overdue refurbish of floor and painting I promised wife 😁 1 week break from hard to drive stuff now.

Zen SU do have much of that rich Zen line sound, with full bass specially mid bass but also some sub. Mids also being in the thicker side.

Don't try with any Tool but I listened to some doom metal and it was very impressive. Actually very similar to FranQL Caelum with just more mid warmth on SU.

Hope you get to try the Blue Moon one day since you love APWS, biggest change for me is that APWS is slightly more bright while the Blue Moon have better textured low range.

The Sun Copper is next in line for me to play with, the short listen it seemed very good also. And the price more easy to justify 😁

Anyway try this on SU, not many buds that suit this type of music and SU do excellent here.

so Zen SU seems match to Metal music ?

i need to try this.

Nov 18, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #72,629 of 75,871
so Zen SU seems match to Metal music ?

i need to try this.
Zen Su, Yinman and Black Dragon. All of them excel with prog/rock/metal. The Black Dragon has a wider presentation, while Zen SU and the Yinman are more intimate. Excellent dynamics and timbre. However, the tonality is slightly different. From warmer to brighter: Yinman > Zen Su > Black Dragon.

Nov 18, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #72,630 of 75,871

Here’s my Ali logistics head scratcher. A very minor one in the grand scale of things, but still slightly puzzling.

I ordered a HiBy DAP from the HiBy official store on Ali on 11/11, within the first half-hour of the event starting. The order says “7-day delivery.”

I ordered the RW3000 from NiceHCK’s store the next day. The order says “Fast delivery.”

I got a text message earlier today telling me to pay customs and duties for the RW3000. The DAP exceeds the personal de minimis as well so I was expecting to pay for that first. But somehow the RW3000 seemed to progress through customs more quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back