Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 17, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #72,602 of 75,480
Nothing matters when almost 30 000 000 (in my country only) are killed by having this sign. Just try to find a bit of empathy. Please remove the image.
what i want to say is.. swastika and nazi symbol is not the same. u can see at the picture..
swastika symbol still used at the buddha statue.
1700235684232.png

as u can see we have swastika symbol at the buddhist temple.

1700235418846.png

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #72,603 of 75,480
The diameter is the same, it's just a little thicker due to shell shape. You may be ok, depending on what your fit issues are.
Oh that's good to know. I seem to only have this issue on my right ear. The earbud tends to work its way out on the top right ( towards the back of my head ). If I don't mess with it, after about 2 hrs I can usually stick my finger and feel a big gap between the bud and my ear.
In the way that they fit me, I think of them as actually smaller because you don't have the really long stem that keeps them sort of top heavy... They tend to sit in your ears longer without working their way out, compared to MX500 shells (for me, anyhow). But the fantastic alternative (as others have mentioned) is that you can wear them over ear just as easily, also because there isn't a really long stem. And they sound just as good, though a tad different (again, to my ears).
I think all these replies are easing me into the fit of the RW3000s haha. Didn't have a whole lot of time last night but it seems like the RW3000 are fairly similar to the Chaconne but a better all-rounder ( IE. A bit more bass to them)? Circling back to my intent of finding something to swap out the role of the FF3, the RW2000 might seem to fill those shoes better as I read that it has more bass than the RW3000? Might be wrong on this as I know nothing of technicalities 🤠. Anyways, it's the final day of the sale and I'm most likely going to pickup the RW3000. The price/discount just seems to good to pass up on given all the good things said about them.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #72,604 of 75,480
Oh that's good to know. I seem to only have this issue on my right ear. The earbud tends to work its way out on the top right ( towards the back of my head ). If I don't mess with it, after about 2 hrs I can usually stick my finger and feel a big gap between the bud and my ear.

I think all these replies are easing me into the fit of the RW3000s haha. Didn't have a whole lot of time last night but it seems like the RW3000 are fairly similar to the Chaconne but a better all-rounder ( IE. A bit more bass to them)? Circling back to my intent of finding something to swap out the role of the FF3, the RW2000 might seem to fill those shoes better as I read that it has more bass than the RW3000? Might be wrong on this as I know nothing of technicalities 🤠. Anyways, it's the final day of the sale and I'm most likely going to pickup the RW3000. The price/discount just seems to good to pass up on given all the good things said about them.

Did someone post that they have both RW3000 and SBS? I'd be surprised if RW3000 has better imaging and timbre than SBS, but I'm not sure if you care about that

Nov 17, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #72,605 of 75,480
I’m not talking about the horrendous atrocities committed by the nazis. I’m talking about the unfortunate use of the symbol for that small period of time compared to the original meaning and centuries of use of the symbol, that is all.
Thanks for clarifying.

As long as we can all agree that nazis are bad and earbuds are good, let's move on and enjoy the music!
I'm not sure if this is the X3 or a completely new earbud.
Haven't seen X3 but Temperament recently released cheaper X6 and X10 models. Black bell appears to be a separate new bell totl model, I guess a follow up to ti plus?

Nov 17, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #72,606 of 75,480

Both are worthy of having... The RW3000 does indeed have more bass than the RW3000. They are also a bit darker (rolled off treble compared to the RW3000). There are a lot of similarities between them (same overall house sound), but to make it short the RW2000 are more of a fun sound, with some good technicalities, and the RW3000 are more analytical with a bit of fun tuning thrown in... Hopefully that helps a bit.

Also, the RW3000 have just a tad smaller shells than the RW2000.

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #72,607 of 75,480
Yincrow RW2000.

Hmm I've not tried the Megatrons TBH. Read good things about it, and I guess if it powers the Yinmans, keep to it and no need to upgrade anymore haha.

The Desktop K11 definitely has more power and refinement over the dongle KA13 when it comes to powering hard to drive transducers, but personally I like the KA13 more as it is portable and doesn't require an external power source.
Thanks for the feedback! I may try a K 11 from Amazon, so I could return it in case it doesn’t seem worth it to me. I am mostly at my desk these days, so I don’t need anything portable.

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #72,608 of 75,480
Did someone post that they have both RW3000 and SBS? I'd be surprised if RW3000 has better imaging and timbre than SBS, but I'm not sure if you care about that
I haven't seen a comparison of the SBS with the RW3000 although it would be a great read. You're right in that I probably don't care. Being new to this world, I just see it as from what I have, Chaconne for vocal/instrument and X for sacrificing some of that for more bass and fun. Now which earbud will sacrifice the least to get that?
Both are worthy of having... The RW3000 does indeed have more bass than the RW3000. They are also a bit darker (rolled off treble compared to the RW3000). There are a lot of similarities between them (same overall house sound), but to make it short the RW2000 are more of a fun sound, with some good technicalities, and the RW3000 are more analytical with a bit of fun tuning thrown in... Hopefully that helps a bit.

That definitely helps. If I get the RW3000 this time around, I may get the RW2000 later down the road if I'm happy with them. Seems like I have to decide how much trade off on the fun vs analytical factor I want to land on

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #72,609 of 75,480
I understand swastika was not invented by nazis but since nazis used it as their symbol it is closely associated with them, especially in Western culture. There's no reason to use such a controversial symbol in marketing to advertise earbuds (!). It might be offensive to many people. And to call what nazis did a small blip in human history is disrespectful to millions of people who died at their hands and millions who fought them to protect our generation. Sorry about ot. Back to earbuds now.

Not sure. YI FAN 4.4 Store - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006232932972.html
Please do not conflate Nazi imagery which is distinct in image and association with the ancient symbol that has historical and religious meaning for millennia both East and West, not least in China from whence this earbud originates.

That you cannot tell them apart only means that you have something to learn. :)

Nov 17, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #72,610 of 75,480
Pay attention to the spin. The original has the positive spin for ascension. The newer corrupted version has a reverse spin symbolizing a negative downward spiral. Opposites. But the programming is strong with our reaction to the word. I had to catch myself the other night when I first saw it listed. In better news..new to the chat, I've read way too much of this thread the past few months lol..and patiently awaiting some new buds from the recent sale thanks to all of your contributions here. Thanks!

Nov 17, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #72,611 of 75,480
Nothing matters when almost 30 000 000 (in my country only) are killed by having this sign. Just try to find a bit of empathy. Please remove the image.

So, I have to deny that the Soviets did the same with some of their own colonized(member) countries...

Attachments

• 1700260571439.png
    1700260571439.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 0
Nov 17, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #72,612 of 75,480
Would prefer this not devolve into political mudslinging, there's enough of that going on across the internet already.

Over the symbol there is no genuine offense here except the imagined and misinterpreted. :)

Nov 17, 2023 at 6:28 PM Post #72,614 of 75,480

@samandhi it looks like my Smabat M5 pro is not coming I already extended the delivery period and talked with the seller but it looks like they don't have it in stock and my order is going to be canceled lol

Nov 17, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #72,615 of 75,480
I wonder how an iFi Go Bar would do on the Yinman's with supposedly 475mW into 32 ohms and 7.5V into 600 ohms. Anybody out there tried this?

I've not tried the Go Bar, but have a few other IFI products, and personally I think the IFI warm house sound doesn't synergize well with the warm Yinmans.

Warm + warm = veiled muddy sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back