Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 17, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #72,586 of 75,263
Haha yeah don't want those furr balls + vomit on your bed!

But cat owners shouldn't keep ANY wires around cats - @AWSMDanny can relate lol

This is why I spent years and $$$$ trying to find wireless setups that would work for me. But they never did.

Amazingly my cats have not managed to get their teeth into any of my earbud cables yet. They do chew on the HD560s overears cable though, but it is pretty sturdy and somehow they haven't gotten through it yet.

Nov 17, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #72,587 of 75,263
A long time since my last post on Head fi.
Family problems have kept me busy and didn't feel well for posting, but now I am back.

FranQL’ oeuvre d’art, the Blue Moon, under Calyx M’s care… It’s been a while since buds and myself met. The Blue Moon is the very best way to start a forgotten journey all over again. But wait? Are we here already in TOTL territory? My ears are whispering a « yes! »

Such a tease... LOL

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 7:02 AM Post #72,588 of 75,263
Are there any good U shaped earbuds with enough detail to not sound muddy?

Yincrow RW2000.

Thanks for the very interesting and tempting recs of the KA13 and K11 for the Yinman 600s. Have you tested either or both of these against the VE Megatron? My humble ears are very satisfied with the Megatron for the Yinmans, even though it lists a PO of "only" 300mW@32 Ohms (2.5mm & 4.4mm balanced). (Several members of this forum, @JAnonymous5150 and others, have had the opinion that the actual output of the Megatron is much higher.) I tried the Monolith by Monoprice Liquid Spark, with a listed 1.3 watts at 50 0hms on a deal from Amazon, but could not hear a difference in dynamics between it and the Megatron. Frankly I preferred the Megatron, because the Spark had a warm coloration that was pleasant, but not as punchy and clear as the Megatron, so I sent the Spark back to Amazon.

I may try one of your Fiio recs from Amazon. Can you hear the difference betwen them with the Yinmans? It is interesting that a recent Megatron reviewer here heard no discernable difference between the Megatron and the Fiio K7, which I had also been considering. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/venture-electronics-megatron.26010/reviews However, he only tested these Headphones: HD600, R70x, MDR-Z7, none of which is as hard to drive as the Yinmans.

By the way, I realize this may be a polarizing recommendation, but I love FXSound with the Yinmans. It is "Free software to boost sound quality, volume, and bass. Including an equalizer, effects, and presets for customized audio." To my humble ears, this brings the Yinmans, and my other buds, massively and vibrantly to life. My rec to all is to check it out if you haven't already. https://www.fxsound.com/

Hmm I've not tried the Megatrons TBH. Read good things about it, and I guess if it powers the Yinmans, keep to it and no need to upgrade anymore haha.

The Desktop K11 definitely has more power and refinement over the dongle KA13 when it comes to powering hard to drive transducers, but personally I like the KA13 more as it is portable and doesn't require an external power source.

Nov 17, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #72,589 of 75,263
new totl from temperament/ksearphone, Bell-black. looks good except fixed cable again; and disturbing description.
Screenshot_20231117_075845_AliExpress.jpg

Nov 17, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #72,590 of 75,263
@samandhi this is a cable made by Clan Audio specifically for Blue Moon earbuds.

I can only say, amazed about sinergies.

You can see that the plug has Fran logo grabbed
IMG_20231116_004938.jpg
Well, all I can say is that it is gorgeous, and fits the Blue Moon perfectly (aesthetically anyhow). I have to assume that you like this cable better for them that the Penon Vocal (sonically)?!
new totl from temperament/ksearphone, Bell-black. looks good except fixed cable again; and disturbing description.
OMG! That is indeed a bit disturbing, and hilarious at the same time.

Nov 17, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #72,591 of 75,263
Is this the replacement of the Bell-Ti? Do you have a link?

Nov 17, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #72,592 of 75,263
OMG! That is indeed a bit disturbing, and hilarious at the same time.
It is sad that such a historic symbol was stolen for evil purposes by a tyrant. The swastika has been in use by many cultures for centuries, so one small blip in human history is unfortunate, but does not represent the true meaning of such a symbol.

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29644591

Nov 17, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #72,593 of 75,263
@samandhi this is a cable made by Clan Audio specifically for Blue Moon earbuds.

I can only say, amazed about sinergies.

You can see that the plug has Fran logo grabbed
IMG_20231116_004938.jpg
Starting to look more like a commercial product than a humble DIY.

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #72,595 of 75,263
I understand swastika was not invented by nazis but since nazis used it as their symbol it is closely associated with them, especially in Western culture. There's no reason to use such a controversial symbol in marketing to advertise earbuds (!). It might be offensive to many people. And to call what nazis did a small blip in human history is disrespectful to millions of people who died at their hands and millions who fought them to protect our generation. Sorry about ot. Back to earbuds now.
Is this the replacement of the Bell-Ti? Do you have a link?
Not sure. YI FAN 4.4 Store - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006232932972.html

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #72,596 of 75,263
I understand swastika was not invented by nazis but since nazis used it as their symbol it is closely associated with them, especially in Western culture. There's no reason to use such a controversial symbol in marketing to advertise earbuds (!). It might be offensive to many people. And to call what nazis did a small blip in human history is disrespectful to millions of people who died at their hands and millions who fought them to protect our generation. Sorry about ot. Back to earbuds now.

Not sure. YI FAN 4.4 Store - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006232932972.html
I'm not sure if this is the X3 or a completely new earbud.

Nov 17, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #72,597 of 75,263
My most wicked earbud is the Yinman 600 ohm (87 dB/mW sensitivity and 600 ohm impedance). Sometimes the impedance is not the main issue, but more of the low sensitivity.

Only 1 dongle can drive the Yinmans acceptably, and that is the Fiio KA13 (requires desktop mode, 4.4mm with 550 mW output!)

Otherwise, all the other dongles are not able to (it is not a matter of volume but you get suboptimal soundstage/dynamics and the bass is flabby and one-noted when underpowered). My main desktop source is the Schiit Asgard 3 and that drives the Yinman well too on high gain. A budget desktop amp (Fiio K11) can also power these puppies well.
I wonder how an iFi Go Bar would do on the Yinman's with supposedly 475mW into 32 ohms and 7.5V into 600 ohms. Anybody out there tried this?

Nov 17, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #72,598 of 75,263

I’m not talking about the horrendous atrocities committed by the nazis. I’m talking about the unfortunate use of the symbol for that small period of time compared to the original meaning and centuries of use of the symbol, that is all.

Nov 17, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #72,599 of 75,263
I understand swastika was not invented by nazis but since nazis used it as their symbol it is closely associated with them, especially in Western culture. There's no reason to use such a controversial symbol in marketing to advertise earbuds (!). It might be offensive to many people. And to call what nazis did a small blip in human history is disrespectful to millions of people who died at their hands and millions who fought them to protect our generation.
Absolutely. Yesterday Ks DB1 was my favorite.Today I put them into the box out of sight. Emotional connection destroys musical experience. Even if I understand some China manager just isn't educated enough.

Sudden turn in earbuds world. Hope they stop this model.

Nov 17, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #72,600 of 75,263
Absolutely. Yesterday Ks DB1 was my favorite.Today I put them into the box out of sight. Emotional connection destroys musical experience. Even if I understand some China manager just isn't educated enough.

Sudden turn in earbuds world. Hope they stop this model.
but nazi stole the swastika symbol and flip it.

1700234579106.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back