Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 10, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #72,406 of 75,516
Those look amazing! Great job in (somehow) jamming both DD in that small shell. I AM glad you opted to not go with the MX500 shell (even though they are a bit easier to tune in that shell). Are those metal shells or plastic shells? Can you liken them to anything you own, or have you created something completely unique?

Looks like that might take a while. My order has yet to be even processed (as of this morning). Just as a reference point, I ordered them on the 6th. Though, I am not complaining; it isn't like I don't have anything to listen to while waiting for them.... :wink:

Even though I don't have the M5 Pro yet, I am going to go out on a limb and say that there probably is a difference. If you look at the M4 shell, there IS a port hole in it, but there is just very little room even in the back of the shell where the port leads to. This will stifle the bass to an extent. Where as the M5 pro (and the M5 regular) shells have a "maze" type of configuration much like the ST10S and ST20 (and pro) did. Having said that, I would also guess that the M5 (either shell) should have a bit less bass impact than did the ST10S (and maybe the ST20 also) because of the modular design not leaving any room directly behind the driver.

For me, the ST10S B&G is one of their bassiest models (that I have heard). The reason is the same for your lack of hearing the same bass between the M2s Pro and the M4. Though they are both modular in design, the M2s Pro have lots of room directly behind the shell which creates more room to "breath" so to speak.

Having said all of that, even with the M2s Pro, the differing bass quantities is more subtle than it is "night and day" different. Don't forget that with the M5, they now have added 3 more drivers to play around with (150ohm LCP, and 50ohm LCP, and 32ohm BE) that they didn't have before. So, the list is added to, though I am not able to find all the drivers on their site that they previously had listed for the M4. I don't know if they have discontinued some of them, or they are just not listed (both their official site and Aliexpress sites are a bit of a mess at the moment). To my recollection, they have these available for use with the new M5 pro and M5 (though I may be wrong about the driver coating, they have so many differing ones):

• St20 100ohm Bio
  • St20 40ohm
  • SO 100ohm Bio
  • ST10S 150ohm TI
  • 40ohm LCP (stock M4 driver)
  • 32ohm TI (I think this one was discontinued not long after the M4 came out)
  • M5 Golden 150ohm LCP
  • M5 50ohm LCP
  • M5 32ohm BE

Hmm, your original question was not worded like how you wrote it now, it would have been much easier to answer your question if you wrote with such details before.

Anyway, I have the M4-ST20 and M4-ST20P drivers and did the testing. On M4 body, both ST20 (40 Ohm) and ST20P (100 Ohm) both have a decent amount of bass which can go relatively deep, also there is the 2~3k peak which can get fatiguing if you are sensitive in that area. On M5 Pro body, both ST20 and ST20P have much deeper bass overall which can rumble. Due to the M5 Pro bass effect, the high end sounds much smoother and easy to listen to.

If you're looking to get better deep bass and less fatiguing high end with any of the add-on drivers I can recommend the M5 Pro Golden set.
i got all answer for questions releated m5 pro and subbass related . thanks

Nov 10, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #72,407 of 75,516
Yincrow X6 is the way to go bro, it is warm and smooth, thick note weight. Not too technical though. Kind of like the BLON BL-03 of the earbud world.

EB2S seems to have some variations in tuning for later batches, so I can't confidently recommend it.

If you have an amp, the Faael Rosemary is a bassy earbud with huge mid-bass. Needs amplification though cause of the 150 ohm impedance.
Funnily enough I just have recieved the Rosemary lol
Ah sorry, then the Yinman 600 ohm is the end game for a bassy and non fatiguing signature.

Needs amplification due to wickedly low sensitivity of 87 dB/mW and 600 ohm impedance.
I would agree about the Yinmans. They are simply one of the best all rounders on the market.
:sob: I really want a pair too

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #72,408 of 75,516
:sob: I really want a pair too

If u intend to get the Yinman 600 ohm, other than a suitable source, do also consider messaging the seller. He can do a free termination to 2.5mm or 4.4mm, and this will benefit the Yinman if you used balanced sources, for more power on tap. Stock form it comes with 3.5mm.

Nov 11, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #72,410 of 75,516
Yincrow x6 bass is on similar par with ff3s?

X6 is good for me but bass is a little lack impact
The bass is where the special sauce is at with the FF3s. They have some of the best impact, rumble, texture, etc... combination. I think this is the biggest reason they have been so popular.

Nov 11, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #72,412 of 75,516
I wish you all a pleasant day. Is there anyone here who would please have a chance to compare the bass quantity and differences in overall tuning between the Fiio FF3 and FF3S? According to ian fann's YouTube review, the FF3s are detailed, midrange oriented, bright in tuning with light tone weight and less bass volume even than the NiceHCK EB2S. I'm quite confused, because according to the FF3 reviews, the FF3S would be quite a departure from the original tuning, at least in the bass section. Your advice would help me in making the right choice, as reviews on the FF3S are minimal so far and I haven't come across any comparing the FF3S and FF3. Thanks...

Nov 11, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #72,413 of 75,516
I wish you all a pleasant day. Is there anyone here who would please have a chance to compare the bass quantity and differences in overall tuning between the Fiio FF3 and FF3S? According to ian fann's YouTube review, the FF3s are detailed, midrange oriented, bright in tuning with light tone weight and less bass volume even than the NiceHCK EB2S. I'm quite confused, because according to the FF3 reviews, the FF3S would be quite a departure from the original tuning, at least in the bass section. Your advice would help me in making the right choice, as reviews on the FF3S are minimal so far and I haven't come across any comparing the FF3S and FF3. Thanks...
They are not that far apart, though, to my ears, there is a difference. I don’t find the FF3S to be bright (at all), but it does sound a little more extended than the FF3. I also find it a little more resolving for that reason, while still retaining most of the bass magic of the FF3. I’ve really been enjoying the FF3S, as it’s a little more of an all-rounder for me than the FF3 was. It sounds to me like the FF3 and the FF5 had a child , if that makes sense.
Are there any good earbuds deals on Ali for 11.11 ?
The Yincrow models are at their lowest prices. The K’s DB1 is also highly discounted.

Nov 11, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #72,414 of 75,516
Are there any good earbuds deals on Ali for 11.11 ?

They are not that far apart, though, to my ears, there is a difference. I don’t find the FF3S to be bright (at all), but it does sound a little more extended than the FF3. I also find it a little more resolving for that reason, while still retaining most of the bass magic of the FF3. I’ve really been enjoying the FF3S, as it’s a little more of an all-rounder for me than the FF3 was. It sounds to me like the FF3 and the FF5 had a child , if that makes sense.

The Yincrow models are at their lowest prices. The K’s DB1 is also highly discounted.

I've been bouncing back and forth between Yincrow RW-2000 and the FF3s for a couple of hours. Noticed the Yincrow discounts and ordered RW-2000. FF3s will go on sale once the FOTM wears off in future sales! :ksc75smile:

Nov 11, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #72,416 of 75,516
I've been bouncing back and forth between Yincrow RW-2000 and the FF3s for a couple of hours. Noticed the Yincrow discounts and ordered RW-2000. FF3s will go on sale once the FOTM wears off in future sales! :ksc75smile:
The 2000 is a great bud! Those two sets share a lot of similarities and I don’t think you can go wrong with either (though the Yincrow beats out the Fiio in terms of build and feel - the FF3S are very light and comfortable, but at the cost of feeling a little cheaper than the FF3 or the 2000).

Nov 11, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #72,417 of 75,516
lack of analysis of ff3s bass is very irony.

Nov 11, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #72,418 of 75,516
NiceHCK seems to have a new bud
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrvp93i
It has a detachable cable and its shell size has been reduced according to them
It seems the connector is proprietary, but i have 2% experience with 2pin, so my eyes can be decieving me.

Nov 11, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #72,419 of 75,516
As 11/11 looms I'm considering getting another set of buds. I don't like bright tunings or super aggressive pinna gain. Also prefer some mid-bass focus to lend warmth and weight. So please nudge me toward, or provide cheaper alternatives to the RW-2000. :ksc75smile:

Current buds
NiceHCK B40
NiceHCK EB2s
Yincrow X6
For my 11/11 purchase I bought one of these buds.
Ksearphone Samsara (Reincarnation) 300 / 520 (Store selection "D", Balanced plug version) and requested 4.4mm Balanced with 300Ω driver.
EDIT: Removed link to product page, item no longer available, order canceled.

This bud made it into @WoodyLuvr's REA - (Retired Earbud Aficionado) listing for Honorable Mention and Bronze Age Favorites (2012 - 2019) categories.

Woody's post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/post-17094072

Currently available the following flatheads immediately come to mind for being warm with little to no pinna gain:
  • Faaeal Iris Ancestor; 32Ω
  • K's 凯 K300 Samsara (Reincarnation) 轮回; 300Ω
  • Longyao-Yinman 龙谣音曼 2.0 600 LE; 600Ω
  • Shozy 大黑 Big Black (BK) Stardust; 16Ω
  • Venture Electronics 微翼音频 (VE) Zen 2.0 Standard Edition; 320Ω
  • Venture Electronics 微翼音频 (VE) Zen LL; 150Ω
  • WillSound MK2; 32Ω

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #72,420 of 75,516
I'm surprised that you didn't find it difficult to solder haha the only way of tuning that thing that I know of is by modifying the shells and even then it's still complicated awesome looking buds tho!
Thank you, with a bit of planning, really not that difficult to solder. There are mystical tuning secrets which allow anyone to make fantastic sounding buds. I wait for a full moon and light a bon fire in my backyard and dance around it until I'm in a hypnotic frenzy, then the immortal gods of earbud tuning impart their wisdom to me. After which I run back in the house and wave my magic chicken bones above the earbuds I'm building and the tuning is completed. This works every time, but my neighbors think I'm crazy... LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back