Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 31, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #71,041 of 75,618
Anyone know the best way to get ahold of Blur Buds? I sent him a message on IG but it’s been two weeks with no response.

Also, best email for Lee from VE? I sent him an email a week ago with no response. I suppose I will try the website.

Thank you for any help.

I do not have Facebook nor do I want to sign up for an account.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #71,042 of 75,618
Anyone know the best way to get ahold of Blur Buds? I sent him a message on IG but it’s been two weeks with no response.

Also, best email for Lee from VE? I sent him an email a week ago with no response.

Thank you for any help.

I do not have Facebook nor do I want to sign up for an account.

I would suggest that you send a msg via VE's customer service and ask them to forward to Lee.

He does have a head-fi account, his username is @zhibli06 but not very active these days, might be worth a try to send him a PM.

Jul 31, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #71,043 of 75,618
I would suggest that you send a msg via VE's customer service and ask them to forward to Lee.

He does have a head-fi account, his username is @zhibli06 but not very active these days, might be worth a try to send him a PM.
Thanks so much for the reply. :)

Jul 31, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #71,044 of 75,618
See my recent post in the Blur Earbuds Lovers Thread - He usually goes quiet when he is: in between model or generation lines; in R&D stage; and/or awaiting parts (which is all happening at the moment!). He very rarely checks his email so IG or FB is ALWAYS the best way to reach him. He also just returned from a long family vacation so is busy with his real job at the moment as well. Blur Earbuds is only a hobby for him.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #71,045 of 75,618
See my recent post in the Blur Earbuds Lovers Thread - He usually goes quiet when he is: in between model or generation lines; in R&D stage;' and/or awaiting parts (which is all happening at the moment!). He very rarely checks his email so IG or FB is ALWAYS the best way to reach him. He also just returned from a long family vacation so is busy with his real job at the moment as well. Blur Earbuds is only a hobby for him.
Ah! Gotcha. Makes sense. Thank you for letting me know. I will remain patient. I was just worried I wasn’t on the correct IG account. Appreciate you @WoodyLuvr

Aug 1, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #71,046 of 75,618
For electronica / D&B / Fiio FF3 are great. Venture Electronics Monk Plus SPC are amazing at $20. Save yourself some disappointment with expensive buds which many really aren't suited to heavy bass driven music by virtue of design.
Thanks for the suggestion. Are they tuned to neutral? My biggest gripe with cheaper buds is that I don’t like the tuning, and usually I can’t stand warm or overly warm buds. I like sparkly treble, and deep bass extension, but not bass-forward. One bud I love is the sennheiser MX980, but they’re getting a little old now.

Aug 1, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #71,047 of 75,618
Looking at the reputation of yinman 600ohms for so many years, I'm very intrigued to try out.
I can only get the yinmans from used market and I see both the yinman 2.0 600 fixed cable and mmcx version. I'm inclined towards getting the mmcx version for possible cable rolling option. Want to know if yinman 600 is affected by cable rolling? or if anyone has tried it ever?

Aug 1, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #71,048 of 75,618
Looking at the reputation of yinman 600ohms for so many years, I'm very intrigued to try out.
I can only get the yinmans from used market and I see both the yinman 2.0 600 fixed cable and mmcx version. I'm inclined towards getting the mmcx version for possible cable rolling option. Want to know if yinman 600 is affected by cable rolling? or if anyone has tried it ever?

The new versions of the Yinman 600 ohm are all fixed cable.

Cables changing sound is a huge controversial topic on audiophiledom, but suffice to say, the Yinman 600 ohm is one of the most difficult earbuds to drive, and it will benefit from a balanced cable (and balanced source) for the extra power. When underpowered, the Yinman 600 ohm is very bloated and one-noted in the bass with a lack of dynamics (not a volume issue but a dynamics issue).

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #71,049 of 75,618
The new versions of the Yinman 600 ohm are all fixed cable.

Cables changing sound is a huge controversial topic on audiophiledom, but suffice to say, the Yinman 600 ohm is one of the most difficult earbuds to drive, and it will benefit from a balanced cable (and balanced source) for the extra power. When underpowered, the Yinman 600 ohm is very bloated and one-noted in the bass with a lack of dynamics (not a volume issue by a dynamics issue).
Thanks for your input :) . There is a seller who is letting go of OG mmcx yinmans in the used market hence the confusion.
Indeed that makes sense. I do understand these are more desktop buds than a portable one. I would always prefer 4.4mm than 3.5 for these.

Aug 1, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #71,050 of 75,618
Thanks for your input :) . There is a seller who is letting go of OG mmcx yinmans in the used market hence the confusion.
Indeed that makes sense. I do understand these are more desktop buds than a portable one. I would always prefer 4.4mm than 3.5 for these.
Please send a link... I and few others here in SEA would be interested in buying the mmcx version to have in our collection.

Aug 1, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #71,052 of 75,618
See my recent post in the Blur Earbuds Lovers Thread - He usually goes quiet when he is: in between model or generation lines; in R&D stage; and/or awaiting parts (which is all happening at the moment!). He very rarely checks his email so IG or FB is ALWAYS the best way to reach him. He also just returned from a long family vacation so is busy with his real job at the moment as well. Blur Earbuds is only a hobby for him.
Ah! Gotcha. Makes sense. Thank you for letting me know. I will remain patient. I was just worried I wasn’t on the correct IG account. Appreciate you @WoodyLuvr
According to my last conversation with him, the drivers are en route via ship...a literal shipment!

Aug 1, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #71,054 of 75,618
Well this just happened. Guess I'm jumping in head first haha.

Initial impressions: very balanced, good clarity. Nice and airy. Good bass, not overpowering but not anemic. Instruments sounds amazing. I prefer the lighter plastic housing compared to the metal ones from ff3. Cable is really nice, as is the jack (not too bulky). I prefer 3.5mm jacks on my portable headphones but I got these second hand so they were equipped with the 4.4mm. I use a 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter with the iphone dongle which powers them just fine at around 60% volume. I did try them with the ifi hipdac balanced output and didn't notice a dramatic difference, although I had to keep the volume turned down to <20%. I haven't messed around with the foam tips much, just the ones pictured and then naked which I might prefer. Didn't like the ff3 naked, cold metal in ear is no fun. Hoping to these will keep me satisfied for a bit but you know how it is, gotta see what else is out there :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #71,055 of 75,618
I did try them with the ifi hipdac balanced output and didn't notice a dramatic difference, although I had to keep the volume turned down to <20%.

That difference in volume level on SE and balanced (higher power) outputs is quite accurate. Let me ask though, were these Serratus earbuds a nice match with hip-dac (yours was blue 1st gen or later?), or not really? I'm curious about this because not many people use 300 ohm products with our portable stuff, so any insight is highly appreciated :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back