Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 18, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #70,831 of 75,673
Something nice from Lrey for only $28.
The picture is from Facebook
FB_IMG_1689671458724.jpg

Jul 18, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #70,834 of 75,673
28usd and how much shipping lol
Do you know why we love earbuds?

Many years ago we liked them because, in addition to comfort and sound, they used to have a very low price. This boy, whom I don't know, and others on the DIY Earbuds thread, including me, have shown us that it is still possible

Jul 18, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #70,835 of 75,673
Do you know why we love earbuds?

Many years ago we liked them because, in addition to comfort and sound, they used to have a very low price. This boy, whom I don't know, and others on the DIY Earbuds thread, including me, have shown us that it is still possible
that doesnt exactly answer the question

isnt LREY based in SEA where shipping prices worldwide often reach 40usd like with kobe audio?
im not trying to call buds inferior or whatever you took from that, on the contrary, look at my signature and my post history.

Jul 18, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #70,836 of 75,673
that doesnt exactly answer the question

isnt LREY based in SEA where shipping prices worldwide often reach 40usd like with kobe audio?
im not trying to call buds inferior or whatever you took from that, on the contrary, look at my signature and my post history.
I have no idea how much the shipping costs, I was strictly referring to the price of the product

Jul 19, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #70,839 of 75,673
Is Jietu a reliable seller? I bought a ksearphone LBBS from them before : https://shopee.sg/Ksearphone-Bell-L...d-Headset-Flat-Earplugs-i.66630848.7763814482 and the left side volume is now very low. Ive only used it for a few years at home so im surprised its failing this quickly.

I noticed their price is much lower than the prices listed elsewhere on places like Aliexpress so i was wondering if it might be a counterfeit.

Baskingshark just told me that ksearphone is known for having QC issues with the drivers failing, so i'm wondering if there are any other similar alternatives with better quality? Neutral earbuds, roughly same price range? I did order another pair of the LBBS but if the brand as a whole is plauged by QC issues, im not sure if i should cancel the order and look elsewhere...

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #70,841 of 75,673
Is Jietu a reliable seller? I bought a ksearphone LBBS from them before : https://shopee.sg/Ksearphone-Bell-L...d-Headset-Flat-Earplugs-i.66630848.7763814482 and the left side volume is now very low. Ive only used it for a few years at home so im surprised its failing this quickly.

I noticed their price is much lower than the prices listed elsewhere on places like Aliexpress so i was wondering if it might be a counterfeit.

Baskingshark just told me that ksearphone is known for having QC issues with the drivers failing, so i'm wondering if there are any other similar alternatives with better quality? Neutral earbuds, roughly same price range? I did order another pair of the LBBS but if the brand as a whole is plauged by QC issues, im not sure if i should cancel the order and look elsewhere...
Concur with @baskingshark.

The only model in the Bell Series that seems to have escaped serious QA/QC issues with drivers (failing voice coils, mismatched, wrong drivers, etc.), shells (loose face covers), and cabling (poorly soldered at both driver pads and termination points, wrong cabling) is the Blue-Bell...
2020 - K's 凯 Temperament Bell-Blue 蓝精铃; 32Ω (w/ brass shell; aka The Smurfs; Bell Smurfs; Blue Smurfs)

Oh how I do wish I had bought these (Bell-Blue) instead of the Bell-Ti 120Ω that died on me twice! I really liked the Bell Blue sound signature. Not as mellow and relaxing as my Bell-Ti 120Ω but still a very nice and fun sounding earbuds. I have borrowed them a few times from a friend and finally discovered that they are unfortunately mildly fatiguing for me. Sad.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #70,843 of 75,673
Yes, VE used this shell type on a good number of models:

Venture Electronics (VE) 微翼音频 Earbuds Timeline

To search the VE earbuds timeline for models using the Qian39 shell type, simply press "CTRL+F"; then type in the search box "Qian39"; and then hit Enter.

Jul 19, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #70,845 of 75,673
Concur with @baskingshark.

The only model in the Bell Series that seems to have escaped serious QA/QC issues with drivers (failing voice coils, mismatched, wrong drivers, etc.), shells (loose face covers), and cabling (poorly soldered at both driver pads and termination points, wrong cabling) is the Blue-Bell...
2020 - K's 凯 Temperament Bell-Blue 蓝精铃; 32Ω (w/ brass shell; aka The Smurfs; Bell Smurfs; Blue Smurfs)

Oh how I do wish I had bought these (Bell-Blue) instead of the Bell-Ti 120Ω that died on me twice! I really liked the Bell Blue sound signature. Not as mellow and relaxing as my Bell-Ti 120Ω but still a very nice and fun sounding earbuds. I have borrowed them a few times from a friend and finally discovered that they are unfortunately mildly fatiguing for me. Sad.
OK...is the bluebell a neutral earbud like the LBBS? Can you suggest an alternative to the LBBS? I have also tried and liked the yuin pk2.

Edit : It looks like the bell blue is in the $290 USD range so thats way out of my budget. Looking for a neutral earbud at $50 USD or below maybe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back