Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 25, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #69,451 of 75,546
Hermano, reading this answer carefully, my mind has only retained that.... you have broken the bud???????

What? No, I haven't broken your buds! I guard them with my life and listen to them regularly. What did I say that made you think I broke them? That whole post was made while I was listening to them for the first time in like 1.5 weeks and marvelling, once again, at how much I dig them. 🤘😎

Also, sorry for bringin down all the interest in your buds. I should've thought about that before I mentioned them. I'm genuinely sorry for the trouble, hermano! 😎

Edit: I get it now. When I said I "broke out" the Blue Voodoo 600s I was using a phrase in American English that means I took them out to use them after having them packed away for a bit. I didn't mean that I literally broke anything. Sorry for the confusion, my friend, but I assure you the Blue Voodoos are in great shape and I was listening to them again this afternoon. 🤘😉

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #69,453 of 75,546
DIY blue film 300ohm earpbuds mmcx heads were arrived.
They are bass-oriented earbuds, well balanced with a silver-plated cable. They have sufficient sensitivity even at 300ohm and even the sub-bass is well produced.
In my case, I use them on plain because I feel there is too much bass when I put the foams on.
Good earbuds for those who are bass-head with good cost performance.
blue 300ohm.jpg
DIY earpbuds mmcx blue film 300ohm.jpg

Hey Jogawag, do you happen to have a database of your measurements? I am looking for something like this:
1682451234860.png

Thanks!

Apr 25, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #69,454 of 75,546
The euphemism is “break out” as in “break out of jail.”

Precisely. So when referring to breaking out an object I was talking about taking out the buds for use after they had been stored in their case fot a while. Quite fitting for those of us that understand the colloquialism, but confusing if you don't, as we can see in this situation.

Apr 25, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #69,455 of 75,546
Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #69,456 of 75,546
I really like the Grand Berseker 2 and would love to keep them but life has other plans, hopefully these can make another earbud enthusiast/basshead happy - check the signature :)
If I had not literally just ordered a pair from RikudouGoku directly, I would have been all over this. GLWS, I'm sure they'll go quickly!

Apr 25, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #69,457 of 75,546
Apr 25, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #69,458 of 75,546
However, it's unclear now whether to purchase 32, 80, or 300 ohm >.<

Must be the earbud gods' way of telling you that the right decision is to buy them all and do a comparison post for the rest of us. You are the chosen one...🙏🤲🙌😉

Apr 26, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #69,459 of 75,546
If I was to get a single set of Earbuds. Lets say 300 USD ballpark. What would one go?

Smallish ears, so no massive ones. Seems like only one or two models available from local hifi stores (Fiio FF3 and that Audio Technical one). So probably have to buy and ship to Australia.

Apr 26, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #69,460 of 75,546
If I was to get a single set of Earbuds. Lets say 300 USD ballpark. What would one go?

Smallish ears, so no massive ones. Seems like only one or two models available from local hifi stores (Fiio FF3 and that Audio Technical one). So probably have to buy and ship to Australia.

If you're looking for rec's telling us what music you prefer and/or what tuning you tend to like on your transducers would definitely help narrow down the possibilities. Are you okay with ordering from AliExpress or are there certain websites/shops you'd prefer to stick to that folks should rec from? 👍😎

Apr 26, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #69,461 of 75,546
AliExpress is fine yeah.

I like strong bass kick, not too much 2-4khz energy, and treble can have some zing as long as its not peaky.

Really enjoy headphones like the Final Audio D8000 for example, bit of a 2-4khz dip, big bass, bit of top end.

A relaxed treble is fine too, but the important part is strong bass kick and not too much 2-4khz.

Apr 26, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #69,462 of 75,546
AliExpress is fine yeah.

I like strong bass kick, not too much 2-4khz energy, and treble can have some zing as long as its not peaky.

Really enjoy headphones like the Final Audio D8000 for example, bit of a 2-4khz dip, big bass, bit of top end.

A relaxed treble is fine too, but the important part is strong bass kick and not too much 2-4khz.

Those Fiio FF3s at your shop have great bass and a big authoritative presentation. They're a favorite with many folks around here. The Longyao-Yinman 600 2.0s from Ali have great bass, are nice and warm with plenty of detail and an addiciting musicality to them. Those are the two recs that immediately come to mind for easily available buds that fit your criterion. When you say $300 are we talking AUD or USD? Would you prefer to stick with manufacturers or are rec's from boutique DIYers cool too?

Sorry for the second round of questions. The sun's coming up here and I haven't slept much for the last three days so I'm not exactly razor sharp ATM. 🤦‍♂️😂

Apr 26, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #69,464 of 75,546
See some recommends for the Yincrow RW2000 and 3000 come up.

USD. So say 500 AUD or so. Yincrow 3000 or below

Any manufacturer. Just want good and not massive housing.

I'm a huge fan of the RW-3000 and it's bass is tight, clean, and reaches pretty deep, but it's not necessarily what comes to mind when you say strong bass kick. I think it's got plenty of kick, but it's bass levels arent very elevated like the FF3s or Yinman 600s. The RW-2000s are warmer, but their bass is actually a bit less than the 3000s quantitywise. The RW-3000s are one of the best buds on the planet, IMO and a fantastic all-rounder. They do pretty much everything well and I think most people who aren't absolute bassheads or trebleheads will like/love them.

Edit: Their shells also happen to be super comfy.

Apr 26, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #69,465 of 75,546

I'd recommend TGXear as he covers the shipping and makes hell of an earbud (or earbuds I should say)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back