Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 22, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #60,676 of 75,352
Very happy to hear that the list was helpful to you (that honestly has been the desired intent for all my lists) as I too, over many decades, got lost a good number of times in this hobby. Unfortunately, being called/treated as 'a shill' coupled with the further beratement and admonishment for offering an honest opinion/review/experience/list about certain/particular earbuds has kind of worn me out now. Maybe when these awkward social times end (change) I will revisit the idea of supporting and updating the Earbud God-Tier List again. Until then, I will do my upmost best to offer more benign lists and data with far less personal asides/experiences added or offered so as to maintain the peace.
Tell them to read up on HRTF:

https://dictionary.apa.org/head-related-transfer-function
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-related_transfer_function

Mar 22, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #60,677 of 75,352
More pics, now from the other model, Grado.
IMG_20220322_222919.jpg

Mar 22, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #60,678 of 75,352
Last edited:
Mar 24, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #60,679 of 75,352
Well, I got some potentially good news to share. I ordered a second pair of CCA CRAs from one store on Aliexpress, and the Yincrow RW-3000 from another at the same time. The CRA were always slated to arrive by this coming Saturday (the 26th), while the RW-3000 were estimated for April 12th.

The tracking shows a "Logistics Service Upgrade" status. Meaning that both orders were combined into one. So that means that I should also be getting my RW-3000 this weekend (hopefully). As a matter of fact, it shows they cleared US customs on the 21st (though there isn't any new tracking information past that date). :fingers_crossed: I am really quite (pleasantly) surprised with all the COVID related delays of manufacturing, and shipping, and... really everything.

Whoot! :beerchug: Getting excited now!

Mar 24, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #60,680 of 75,352
I just got the JCALLY EP05 and they seem to be good enough. Really, after listening to them the whole weekend, they do sound really good.
They have some QC issues, but if you do get a good pair, you are getting a beryllium dome driver, mmcx, pretty well balanced overall earbud for only 12 bucks? Sign me up!
Also, did I mention they look great? it's really good to have a pair that doesn't look like every single other one, for a change.
did I mention it's 12 bucks? It really does compete

Mar 24, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #60,681 of 75,352
Also, do you know any other earbud (with Straight Plug + Mic) which is very god detailed sound but not harsh and decent bass. You mentioned that M0 lacks Bass (may be 40 Ohms may have better bass but I don't know) but if any other earbud (up to AUD $40-45 or may be $50), I would like to try that. I considered JCALLY EP09 too but then found it also has L Plug and no info on sound signature. Not sure if EP05 or 08 or J10 etc. are good enough and near what I am looking for.

There's **** PT15 but I heard it has absolutely no Bass and very thin sound. May be Harsh too: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002974508825.html
I'm sorry, I'm still new to this awesome thread, but the previous answer was meant for this comment

Mar 24, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #60,682 of 75,352
Well, I got some potentially good news to share. I ordered a second pair of CCA CRAs from one store on Aliexpress, and the Yincrow RW-3000 from another at the same time. The CRA were always slated to arrive by this coming Saturday (the 26th), while the RW-3000 were estimated for April 12th.

The tracking shows a "Logistics Service Upgrade" status. Meaning that both orders were combined into one. So that means that I should also be getting my RW-3000 this weekend (hopefully). As a matter of fact, it shows they cleared US customs on the 21st (though there isn't any new tracking information past that date). :fingers_crossed: I am really quite (pleasantly) surprised with all the COVID related delays of manufacturing, and shipping, and... really everything.

Whoot! :beerchug: Getting excited now!
That's great. We both ordered the Yincrow RW-3000 at the same time and I keep getting shipping updates, but the progress bar they use for shipping shows "just left country of origin" status. Maybe they put mine in a bottle and threw it in the ocean... LOL.

Mar 25, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #60,683 of 75,352
PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Mar 25, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #60,684 of 75,352
I see that the new Rose Technics Martini earbuds are now available from Penon Audio. Does anyone know the diameter of these buds? My dinky ears won't tolerate anything larger than 16mm or so. Thanks!
The diameter of Rose Martini is about 16.48mm.

Last edited:
PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Mar 25, 2022 at 5:16 AM Post #60,685 of 75,352
It's Alive! Again...

Well as a number of you might recall the left driver failed on my K's Temperament 钛铃 "Titanium Ling" Bell-Ti (120Ω) back on 15 May 2021 due to a faulty voice coil and loose cable which was kindly and most appreciatively repaired by Wong @ Blur Earbuds. Subsequently, the right driver then conked out on me on 6 DEC 2021. An utterly disappointing course of events to say the least especially from a pair of god-tier level flagship earbuds.

I sent them to @FranQL, whom had most graciously gifted me a number of his DIY earbuds, in hopes that he could at least repurpose the titanium shells, jacks, and perhaps even the cabling for one of his next creations. Well this adept Spaniard quickly discovered that the right driver voice coil had failed as well! Ks QA is now at this point quite suspect in my book and thus why I had to sadly remove all their products from my Earbuds God-Tier List.

Second Driver Failure_Ksearphone Temperament Bell-Ti 120Ω (2).jpg
Second Driver Failure_Ksearphone Temperament Bell-Ti 120Ω (1).jpg
Second Driver Failure_Ksearphone Temperament Bell-Ti 120Ω (4).jpg
Second Driver Failure_Ksearphone Temperament Bell-Ti 120Ω (5).jpg

Well to my great surprise @FranQL indeed repurposed them... completely replacing the junkie fault-prone drivers and then sent them back to me!!! Still completely floored by this most gracious and kind gesture I proudly introduce to you all the:

FranQL Temperament Woody Edition
3.5TRRS (150Ω);
1 of 1
Modded Ksearphone Temperament 钛铃 Bell-Ti 120Ω

FranQL Ks Temperament Woody Edition 150Ω (1).jpg
FranQL Ks Temperament Woody Edition 150Ω (2).jpg

After thoroughly testing a number of different driver candidates @FranQL finally settled on a warm and relaxing sounding 14.8mm 150Ω cannibalized driver (2018 - VE Zen LL) that after some very thoughtful tuning synergized brilliantly with the titanium bell shell. Which has been to my great surprise very similar sounding to the original 120Ω driver that Ks had used. Still offering a pleasantly warm and ultra-extended listening capable sound signature I have found these modded Ks Bell-Ti earbuds to be more balanced sounding with a nice sparkle in the treble... so definitely more exciting and a tad less gooey and laidback than the original tuning. I have only had them for a week now but I am very pleased with their performance thus far... they have yet to exhibit any naughtiness.

A most profuse and respectful "thank you!" to @FranQL for bringing my favorite pair of earbuds back to life and dare I say sounding even better than before... you made my year good sir!

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #60,686 of 75,352
To be honest I bought my LBBs and Chaconne based on your and others earbuds God Tier Earbuds. Both incredibly surpass my my expectation. It is time and money saving for me as I dont want to suffer the same time and money expenditure horror during my IEMs exploration period.

It is sad to see it is no longer updated, but I am sure the it has benefited a lot of earbuds lover like me.
I must endorse this too... WoodyLuvr hints are always very helpful, and in general most of this discussion. Now I understand why he is writing very little about buds. It is a pity. Thank you for sharing your passion with us, @WoodyLuvr amd thank you all people who do the same

Mar 25, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #60,687 of 75,352
It's Alive! Again...

Well as a number of you might recall the left driver failed on my K's Temperament 钛铃 "Titanium Ling" Bell-Ti (120Ω) back on 15 May 2021 due to a faulty voice coil and loose cable which was kindly and most appreciatively repaired by Wong @ Blur Earbuds. Subsequently, the right driver then conked out on me on 6 DEC 2021. An utterly disappointing course of events to say the least especially from a pair of god-tier level flagship earbuds.

I sent them to @FranQL, whom had most graciously gifted me a number of his DIY earbuds, in hopes that he could at least repurpose the titanium shells, jacks, and perhaps even the cabling for one of his next creations. Well this adept Spaniard quickly discovered that the right driver voice coil had failed as well! Ks QA is now at this point quite suspect in my book and thus why I had to sadly remove all their products from my Earbuds God-Tier List.

Second Driver Failure_Ksearphone Temperament Bell-Ti 120Ω (2).jpgSecond Driver Failure_Ksearphone Temperament Bell-Ti 120Ω (1).jpgSecond Driver Failure_Ksearphone Temperament Bell-Ti 120Ω (4).jpgSecond Driver Failure_Ksearphone Temperament Bell-Ti 120Ω (5).jpg

Well to my great surprise @FranQL indeed repurposed them... completely replacing the junkie fault-prone drivers and then sent them back to me!!! Still completely floored by this most gracious and kind gesture I proudly introduce to you all the:

FranQL Temperament Woody Edition 01/01;
3.5TRRS (150Ω)
A Ksearphone Temperament 钛铃 Bell-Ti 120Ω
Mod

FranQL Ks Temperament Woody Edition 150Ω (1).jpg FranQL Ks Temperament Woody Edition 150Ω (2).jpg

After thoroughly testing a number of different driver candidates @FranQL finally settled on a warm and relaxing sounding 14.8mm 150Ω cannibalized driver that after some very thoughtful tuning synergized brilliantly with the titanium bell shell. Which has been to my great surprise very similar sounding to the original 120Ω driver that Ks had used. Still offering a pleasantly warm and ultra-extended listening capable sound signature I have found these modded Ks Bell-Ti earbuds to be more balanced sounding with a nice sparkle in the treble... so definitely more exciting and a tad less gooey and laidback than the original tuning. I have only had them for a week now but I am very pleased with their performance thus far... they have yet to exhibit any naughtiness.

A most profuse and respectful "thank you!" to @FranQL for bringing my favorite pair of earbuds back to life and dare I say sounding even better than before... you made my year good sir!

Few buds can boast of having traveled as much as these! but they have a lot of history in a very short time. I hope no error occurs again.

I'm also glad you liked them, that was the goal!

Mar 25, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #60,689 of 75,352
Update to my RW-3000 shipment. It is now estimated to arrive this coming Monday (28th). All I can say is WOW! USPS has become the new (and maybe even slower) China Post... LOL

The package cleared customs on the 21st, which means it will take them 7 days to ship within the US. I remember just a few years ago, anything within the US usually took 2 days (3 at most); and that included Puerto Rico. Oh well, I am working from home on Monday anyhow, so not really that big of a deal I suppose. :smile:

Mar 25, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #60,690 of 75,352
Update to my RW-3000 shipment. It is now estimated to arrive this coming Monday (28th). All I can say is WOW! USPS has become the new (and maybe even slower) China Post... LOL

The package cleared customs on the 21st, which means it will take them 7 days to ship within the US. I remember just a few years ago, anything within the US usually took 2 days (3 at most); and that included Puerto Rico. Oh well, I am working from home on Monday anyhow, so not really that big of a deal I suppose. :smile:
ouch, having shipping delays right before the weekend sucks...

Meanwhile look at what I got today.

IMG_20220325_192600.jpg

N52 BG
19-21 Red dot ti comp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back