Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 4, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #55,846 of 75,149
Not only that but they came up with TC400 which is even worse, SQ and shell wise

Haha as per movies, sequels may generally be worse than the original haha.

But in CHIFI land, they just call the sequel a "plus" or "pro" or "S" version.

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #55,847 of 75,149
Go definitely with the secure version. X6 by Chuck :)

Is it true that the diaphragm in the X6 is sourced from Chuck's right quadriceps muscle? Hence the excursive force?

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #55,848 of 75,149
rip, its one of the most overhyped transducers out there....it has the honor of being the only transducer (in my collection over 100 transducers...) I have given away (for free) and if I couldnt find someone, I would have probably thrown it into the trash can where it belongs....
Throw everything except the shell, and put DIY 130ohm like I did here, and you'll be surprised :wink:

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #55,849 of 75,149
Haha as per movies, sequels may generally be worse than the original haha.

But in CHIFI land, they just call the sequel a "plus" or "pro" or "S" version.
Rambo part 4 is better than previous sequels if you ask me :joy: :beerchug:

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #55,850 of 75,149
Jul 4, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #55,851 of 75,149
Is it true that the diaphragm in the X6 is sourced from Chuck's right quadriceps muscle? Hence the excursive force?
And coated with chest hair ("love carpet"), taken from Bruce Lee hand :joy:

BTW...this is the famous fight between ShoonTH aka Bruce Lee and X6 aka Mr Chuck N.
Now you see how ShoonTH is fast:wink:

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #55,852 of 75,149
Be careful of the Tingo TC200. It was hyped greatly and the original version sold out in most shops. The manufacturers had to make new sets and some folks who have the newer and older versions say the new ones use a different shell, this affects the sound (they find the new one is worse sounding).
rip, its one of the most overhyped transducers out there....it has the honor of being the only transducer (in my collection over 100 transducers...) I have given away (for free) and if I couldnt find someone, I would have probably thrown it into the trash can where it belongs....
haha. RIP. but well, it's just in the name of "science". Wasn't expecting much out of them anyway. hearing you say this made me remember the one pair of cheap earbuds that I threw into the trash since I feel bad even passing on the "pain" to someone else. that honor goes to the JCALLY EP01. Maybe I got a bad unit of what since they are literally Vido prices on Shopee, but I have bought 3 pairs of vido at different times in different colours and all of them were fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #55,853 of 75,149
I am now researching all the cheaper buds with drivers with resistance around 130 - 150Ω.
What is currently still worth getting? I have only Rosemary and Zen LL with 150Ω drivers. They both are really enjoyable.
I see the seahf awk-f150c with a 150Ω driver is still available and have quite positive feedback here from around 2017-2018....
Received Ksearphone K300 from AE summer sale. Paid about $15 USD. This is my first model from Ksearphone. Also have LBBS on the way from the sale.

I'm also interested in cheap high-impedance buds after hearing what Rosemary is capable of. K300 is rated 300 ohm, but tbh it's not significantly harder to drive than Rosemary since it has a relatively high sensitivity rating as well.

It's very satisfactory for the price. Build-wise cable is not too stiff, working chin-slider, metal-plated y-splitter, metal-plated connector with small logo, and full logo printed on each earbud. Sound-wise it's mid-centric but bass is not anemic. It has more resolving and cleaner mids than Rosemary with better separation and slighly better positioning. Vocals could have a bit more texture and decay but are very clear. Rosemary is warmer and thicker, it sounds a tad more musical with greater bass punch. They're quite complimentary to each other.

PXL_20210704_124547248.jpg

Jul 4, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #55,854 of 75,149

I got two monks from the sale: the plus smoke and the spc balanced.

I dont like the smoke, sounds bloted.

The SPC one I like as much as my X6 for different reasons. Doesnt have the same bass but does some things well for my ears and a part of my library. Im using donut foam tho.

Guess my ears just suck :p

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #55,855 of 75,149
Received Ksearphone K300 from AE summer sale. Paid about $15 USD. This is my first model from Ksearphone. Also have LBBS on the way from the sale.

I'm also interested in cheap high-impedance buds after hearing what Rosemary is capable of. K300 is rated 300 ohm, but tbh it's not significantly harder to drive than Rosemary since it has a relatively high sensitivity rating as well.

It's very satisfactory for the price. Build-wise cable is not too stiff, working chin-slider, metal-plated y-splitter, metal-plated connector with small logo, and full logo printed on each earbud. Sound-wise it's mid-centric but bass is not anemic. It has more resolving and cleaner mids than Rosemary with better separation and slighly better positioning. Vocals could have a bit more texture and decay but are very clear. Rosemary is warmer and thicker, it sounds a tad more musical with greater bass punch. They're quite complimentary to each other.

If I remember correctly they have the same driver as the RY4S 300Ω.
Also your sound description suggests that they are indeed very similar to RY4S 300Ω.

But can they beat the Iris Ancestor? :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #55,856 of 75,149
If I remember correctly they have the same driver as the RY4S 300Ω.
Also your sound description suggests that they are indeed very similar to RY4S 300Ω.

But can they beat the Iris Ancestor? :wink:
Interesting, I was not aware. I have skipped Ry4s 300 as reviews seemed to indicate Ry4s Plus is significantly better.

I still consider Ancestor the cheap buds god. Can't get enough of that smooth, bassy warmth :pray::L3000: .

Jul 4, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #55,857 of 75,149
True dat! Sound kinda "veiled" when switching from the Smabat ST10s, but once the ears adjust, they sound great. Very "analog" sounding. Need lots of juice. And a bit of bass boost doesn't hurt (but not required). Also, the shells are very comfortable.
and they EQ really well.

Jul 4, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #55,858 of 75,149
Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #55,859 of 75,149

PXL_20210704_124547248.jpg
Sounds like its the opposite of the Samsara K300 then. That one is very warm and very bassy (V-shaped).

Guess the K300 decided to redo its life choices and change its tuning in its second life. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back