Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 3, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #55,816 of 75,340
Yes, and probably who have this pair will say the same.
This is my opinion of them, but I not suggest doing things that I do:wink:
Now what can you expect from this. Well ... if you think that MX500 have good fit and comfort, this pair is level above.
Because they provide better seal and because specific way of tuning, you will notice less environmental noise when you listen the music.
If you have a habit of listening to music for a long period of time, this pair will not disappoint you, for sure.
In one sentence: fast bass, neutral mids and highs, and the main attraction here is wide soundstage and precise imaging.

BTW... ShoonTH has 2 more models with better cable and tuning and higher impedance (150ohm)

Thanks for your kind words. I'm still in the process of trying things, since i just got into buds. I want to try the most I can so I see what I like.
Do you think they are worth even without the mod? Not really into dyi stuff yet..

Jul 3, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #55,817 of 75,340
Thanks for your kind words. I'm still in the process of trying things, since i just got into buds. I want to try the most I can so I see what I like.
Do you think they are worth even without the mod? Not really into dyi stuff yet..
The first sentence, in my previous post, tells you everything and when I said yes, it referred to the stock version.
I never tell you that you need to mod the buds :wink:

Jul 3, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #55,818 of 75,340
The first sentence, in my previous post, tells you everything and when I said yes, it referred to the stock version.
I never tell you that you need to mod the buds :wink:

Thanks! Added to cart... Who needs to eat, right?

Jul 3, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #55,819 of 75,340
Jul 3, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #55,820 of 75,340
Now what can you expect from this. Well ... if you think that MX500 have good fit and comfort, this pair is level above.
Because they provide better seal and because specific way of tuning, you will notice less environmental noise when you listen the music.
If you have a habit of listening to music for a long period of time, this pair will not disappoint you, for sure.
In one sentence: fast bass, neutral mids and highs, and the main attraction here is wide soundstage and precise imaging.

BTW... ShoonTH has 2 more models with better cable and tuning and higher impedance (150ohm)
Are they better than my https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4001314079715.html?spm=a2g0n.orderlist-amp.item.4001314079715 ?

Jul 4, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #55,821 of 75,340

Could you compare them with your DIY 130Ω Beryllium buds?
I believe this one from TMusic uses the same driver... www.aliexpress.com/item/32518544153.html
Anyone here tried them?

Jul 4, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #55,822 of 75,340
“Han will get the shield down. We’ve got to give him more time!”

Oh sorry, that means in a week or so I will. :) There’s no question that the X6 is worth it though. I just wrote a lo-fi hip hop beat with it tonight and used it for learning pieces with my digital piano. It works surprisingly well in these situation! I’d still prefer my HD650, but in truth these are good enough to get the job done in an ultra portable situation. It has me in the best of moods. I would have never thought I’d even attempt to use an earbud in a music production situation.
Is anyone able to compare the Shoonth and X6? :)
So the Shoonth arrived! My initial impression would be to go for the X6, but it kind of depends on what you are looking for.

Jul 4, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #55,824 of 75,340
I will say this: The ShoonTH remind me of my Cat Ear Mimi in a way: they sense of space is HUGE(which I love), the comfort is ideal(also Love), but so far the bass is too light and the vocals a bit too distant. They're new though and need time. The Cat Ear cable is even worse as far as stiffness is concerned. I know a lot of people complain about the X6 cable, but I personally really like it. I mean I have IEM cables that are far more expensive than the X6 and they are better feeling, but cost to performance it's really hard to complain. REALLY hard to complain.

Jul 4, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #55,825 of 75,340

Could you compare them with your DIY 130Ω Beryllium buds?
I believe this one from TMusic uses the same driver... www.aliexpress.com/item/32518544153.html
Anyone here tried them?

So the Shoonth arrived! My initial impression would be to go for the X6, but it kind of depends on what you are looking for.
DIY 130Ω Beryllium it's much closer to X6 then ShoonTH. Also, ShoonTH is refined and more balanced between different frequencies.
People complain about DIY 130Ω Beryllium and I don't blame them because this driver requires tuning, like all DIY drivers, and not just packing in into the shell which is obvious case with all pre-assembled models on Ali. I won't even comment on the price of these models

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #55,826 of 75,340
I will say this: The ShoonTH remind me of my Cat Ear Mimi in a way: they sense of space is HUGE(which I love), the comfort is ideal(also Love), but so far the bass is too light and the vocals a bit too distant. They're new though and need time. The Cat Ear cable is even worse as far as stiffness is concerned. I know a lot of people complain about the X6 cable, but I personally really like it. I mean I have IEM cables that are far more expensive than the X6 and they are better feeling, but cost to performance it's really hard to complain. REALLY hard to complain.
ShoonTH has fast bass response and because of that the mids are cleaner and not distant at all

Jul 4, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #55,827 of 75,340
I am now researching all the cheaper buds using drivers with resistance around 150Ω.
What is currently still worth getting? I have only Rosemary and Zen LL with 150Ω drivers. They both are really enjoyable.
I see the seahf awk-f150c with a 150Ω driver is still available and have quite positive feedback here from around 2017-2018....

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #55,828 of 75,340
I am now researching all the cheaper buds with drivers with resistance around 130 - 150Ω.
What is currently still worth getting? I have only Rosemary and Zen LL with 150Ω drivers. They both are really enjoyable.
I see the seahf awk-f150c, 150Ω driver, is still available and have quite positive feedback here from around 2017....
Where did you find seahf awk-f150c? Production has been discontinued for a long time

Jul 4, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #55,829 of 75,340
1625397634217.png

1625397596693.png

Looks somewhat similar doesnt it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back