Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 4, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #54,646 of 75,149
龙谣音曼 Longyao (Dragon Ballad) Yinman DR09 (32Ω)

I enjoy watching the evolution of earbud design especially cabling, terminations, and accessories offered.

This is Longyao Yinman's newest flagship the DR09

1622814636330.png
1622814574143.png 1622814600464.png
Seems to be around 300-400 usd and yet again, no mmcx/2pin.....

could the RW-9 be looked at as a good or even better illustration of a V-shaped bud?
The RW-9 is definitely a V-shaped bud. So if you want to know what a V-shaped bud sounds like, it is indeed a good choice for that.

Jun 4, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #54,647 of 75,149
龙谣音曼 Longyao (Dragon Ballad) Yinman DR09 (32Ω)

I enjoy watching the evolution of earbud design especially cabling, terminations, and accessories offered.

This is Longyao Yinman's newest flagship the DR09

The tradition continues. This has become the fashion for each subsequent model to be over $300. Is this a competition between manufacturers who will put a higher price?
This model is 3-4 times more expensive than the previous model, is this only because modular cable and black wood shell? :thinking:

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #54,648 of 75,149
The tradition continues. This has become the fashion for each subsequent model to be over $300. Is this a competition between manufacturers who will put a higher price?
This model is 3-4 times more expensive than the previous model, is this because modular cable and black wood shell? :thinking:

Haha this set seems to be copying the Fiio Em5 modular cable thingy that allows various adapters for 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm and 4.4 mm type sources. But once again, the fatal flaw is that the proximal part of the cable is non detachable (where it inserts into the earbud housing), and that may be a point of failure down the line. I'm a bit hesitant to get a non detachable TOTL earbud at this pricing, but YMMV.

Calling @RikudouGoku to take one for the team and try this! For the sake of science.

Jun 4, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #54,649 of 75,149
Haha this set seems to be copying the Fiio Em5 modular cable thingy that allows various adapters for 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm and 4.4 mm type sources. But once again, the fatal flaw is that the proximal part of the cable is non detachable (where it inserts into the earbud housing), and that may be a point of failure down the line. I'm a bit hesitant to get a non detachable TOTL earbud at this pricing, but YMMV.

Calling @RikudouGoku to take one for the team and try this! For the sake of science.
No way lol. GS Audio is holding my wallet hostage right now with their crazy lineup....

Jun 4, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #54,650 of 75,149
This model is 3-4 times more expensive than the previous model, is this because modular cable and black wood shell? :thinking:
They are models that I will have the immense luck not to try 😁

Jun 4, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #54,651 of 75,149
If you speak of 2020 - Rose Technics Maria II (14Ω; 16mm & 14.8mm) there have been some discussions but not many... they be "bright" which turns a lot of people off immediately when it comes to earbuds.
Thanks, WoodyLuvr. Yes, i remember ClieOS com., and getting all wet and hot thinking about that soundstage... Confirmed i think by an another user i don't remember.
Only the warm midrange comment got of me from beginning thinking about justifying to myself a 350€ buds buy.
If we're talking about EBX level of brightness, i could live with that. (But not all day long).
I guess that would be my dream stuff : Huuuge soundstage, detailed V shape sound with deep reaching subs (I know, pretty undoable in buds realm), quick bass ans clear mids...

The RW-9 is definitely a V-shaped bud. So if you want to know what a V-shaped bud sounds like, it is indeed a good choice for that.
Thanks, RikudouGoku. That was my guess. Nice to be consolidated or corrected in sound comprehension by far more expert... Head-fiers. But i have to admit i already understood i was with you, on this one. :beerchug:
I'm a bit hesitant to get a non detachable TOTL earbud at this pricing, but YMMV.
I'm on the same boat, baskingshark, can't figure myself putting a big one on a non-detachable pair. In fact i still have to put a big one on a pair. Biggest one, not buds, was LZ-A4 at 150€. EBX was 77.77€ when i got it.

Jun 4, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #54,652 of 75,149
They are models that I will have the immense luck not to try 😁
Why not? :joy:

Google translate very well what you will get for "flagship" buds. This is everything that you need to know if you want to spend $300-$400:wink::wink:

DR08 has been released for two years! The new flagship DR09 is finally released, and the audition activity is in progress

The new earplugs are still balanced and loose as the main line. This time the flat head plug surpasses the previous generation DR08 flagship, with high resolution, wide sound field and accurate positioning. The high frequency is beautiful without thorns, the middle frequency is soft and thick, the low frequency is highly elastic, and the dive is deep. The sound density completely exceeds the previous earphones.

The wire adopts frozen single crystal copper silver-plated wire, single strand 7*7 core.
For the new plug,
please use the white noise and powder noise to cook for more than 10 hours to try the effect! ! !
Interested friends can contact customer service and join the group to participate in the audition activity!

O1CN01j2amwQ1HhPAIOujww_!!88250789.jpg_2200x2200Q50s50.jpg_.webp

Jun 4, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #54,653 of 75,149
Why not? :joy:

Google translate very well what you will get for "flagship" buds. This is everything that you need to know if you want to spend $300-$400:wink::wink:

DR08 has been released for two years! The new flagship DR09 is finally released, and the audition activity is in progress

The new earplugs are still balanced and loose as the main line. This time the flat head plug surpasses the previous generation DR08 flagship, with high resolution, wide sound field and accurate positioning. The high frequency is beautiful without thorns, the middle frequency is soft and thick, the low frequency is highly elastic, and the dive is deep. The sound density completely exceeds the previous earphones.

The wire adopts frozen single crystal copper silver-plated wire, single strand 7*7 core.
For the new plug,
please use the white noise and powder noise to cook for more than 10 hours to try the effect! ! !
Interested friends can contact customer service and join the group to participate in the audition activity!

O1CN01j2amwQ1HhPAIOujww_!!88250789.jpg_2200x2200Q50s50.jpg_.webp
Cooked? I prefer fried. :joy:

Jun 4, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #54,654 of 75,149
Cooked? I prefer fried. :joy:
I love recipes like this, especially when it comes to quick preparation.
But wait, nowhere is it mentioned at what temperature they should be cooked.
Anyway... i think it will be safe if you use a multi cooker set to slow cooking :wink:

This is how they look after 10h of slow cooking. Here you can see that the cables are very good, there is no change in color
O1CN01OOeTyx1HhP1k5W02Y_!!88250789.jpg_320x5000Q50s50.jpg_.webp

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #54,655 of 75,149
If you speak of 2020 - Rose Technics Maria II (14Ω; 16mm & 14.8mm) there have been some discussions but not many... they be "bright" which turns a lot of people off immediately when it comes to earbuds.

Here is a nice brief from @ClieOS regarding the Maria II

Regarding 2019 - Rose Technics Maria (14Ω) here is a nice measurement by @ClieOS as well as a review by @davidmolliere

Here are DF-compensated measurements of Rose Maria II, with different levels of seal on my miniDSP Ears coupler. Take them with a grain of salt, because the coupler's artificial ear is only a crude replica of a human ear. I pretty much agree with @ClieOS on sound signature and stage. It's definitely bright, but not overly so. I still might try to damp it a bit, since that spike around 12kHz causes a bit of treble sizzle with some stuff. But all in all, I'm highly impressed. It's indeed like listening to a miniature open back on-ear.

hazRzbK.jpg

Jun 4, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #54,656 of 75,149
Here are DF-compensated measurements of Rose Maria II, with different levels of seal on my miniDSP Ears coupler. Take them with a grain of salt, because the coupler's artificial ear is only a crude replica of a human ear. I pretty much agree with @ClieOS on sound signature and stage. It's definitely bright, but not overly so. I still might try to damp it a bit, since that spike around 12kHz causes a bit of treble sizzle with some stuff. But all in all, I'm highly impressed. It's indeed like listening to a miniature open back on-ear.

hazRzbK.jpg
How do the raw measurements look? (If you happen to have them.)

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #54,657 of 75,149
I love recipes like this, especially when it comes to quick preparation.
But wait, nowhere is it mentioned at what temperature they should be cooked.
Anyway... i think it will be safe if you use a multi cooker set to slow cooking :wink:

This is how they look after 10h of slow cooking. Here you can see that the cables are very good, there is no change in color
O1CN01OOeTyx1HhP1k5W02Y_!!88250789.jpg_320x5000Q50s50.jpg_.webp

Sous Vide is all the rage nowadays:smile:

i kinda like that translation of "cooking" better than the usual term of "burn in", as one sounds ready for consumption while the other is sounding destructive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back