Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 5, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #54,676 of 75,325
If you like this ornament sleeve on K's K500 you can take your K's K300 to a jewelry store for beautification :wink:
Also, the copper tone will look awesome on these, are you agree?
It sure looks nice, but I wonder if all that extra metal will just make it unnecessarily heavier...

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #54,677 of 75,325
It sure looks nice, but I wonder if all that extra metal will just make it unnecessarily heavier...
No it is thin sleeve and also can be imitation jewelry

This combination would be interesting:
Red shell > gold sleeve
Black shell > copper sleeve
Blue shell > silver sleeve
White shell > iron sleeve (dark silver) or maybe white gold for the ladies :wink:

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #54,678 of 75,325
No it is thin sleeve and also can be imitation jewelry
That sounds good.

and FIY, my Samsara review should be done today. :thumbsup:

Jun 5, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #54,681 of 75,325
Jun 5, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #54,682 of 75,325
Jun 5, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #54,683 of 75,325
Wow! What an excellent review. That was a pleasant 30 plus minute read coupled with some interesting tracks to listen to. Very well done mate!
Thank you.

If you are familiar with my reviews, you might have noticed that I did NOT use the Ibasso DX160 this time. And well, I am working on my DX160 review (more like an execution) so you will find out the reason why lol.

EDIT: DX160 execution is up: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-dx160.23977/reviews#review-26008

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #54,684 of 75,325
Jun 5, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #54,685 of 75,325
nice ranking. glad that I'm not wrong ranking it high personally too. Your review makes me missed mine, as i sold my unit to a friend because i ended up using it less compared to the Liebesleid, PS100-500, and the Willsounds
Depending on your library, the liesbesleid (assuming it is similar to the Chaconne) might make it unnecessary for you to get the Samsara K300 though. If your library consists of mostly vocal tracks, then I say you dont need the samsara K300, but if you got hip-hop, edm and stuff like that then yeah you might be missing out.

Jun 5, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #54,686 of 75,325
Depending on your library, the liesbesleid (assuming it is similar to the Chaconne) might make it unnecessary for you to get the Samsara K300 though. If your library consists of mostly vocal tracks, then I say you dont need the samsara K300, but if you got hip-hop, edm and stuff like that then yeah you might be missing out.

I'm one of those folks that sometimes would prefer enjoy listening to bass heavy music on the Liebesleid, or the ER4XR :sweat_smile:. i can enjoy the texture of the overall music more with those kind of "light sounding" cans.

but if i want an ear massage, i do have my heavy hitters like the Willsound MK1, MK2, Svara L, or my other IEM/headphones

Jun 5, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #54,687 of 75,325
I'm one of those folks that sometimes would prefer enjoy listening to bass heavy music on the Liebesleid, or the ER4XR :sweat_smile:. i can enjoy the texture of the overall music more with those kind of "light sounding" cans.

but if i want an ear massage, i do have my heavy hitters like the Willsound MK1, MK2, Svara L, or my other IEM/headphones
Sounds like you dont need to spend more on a sidegrade then.

Jun 5, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #54,688 of 75,325
Anyone tried the Faaeal Iris Ancestor? Just ordered it. For 3 euros they cant be that bad. Using Kbear Stellar atm. Monk+ are on a break.
YMMV......

You will not be disappointed unless you hate bass!

So I got my Iris Ancestor yesterday. Ordered with low expectations for $2.50 USD shipped, just wanted to try the new FAAEAL model for price of a beer.

Here we go, this is EARBUD OF THE YEAR for me- it's mind-blowingly good!!! Forget $400 USD flagships......whether earbud vet or novice looking for a taste: stop what you're doing immediately and purchase this inexpensive earbud right now! :ksc75smile:

All frequencies are coherent: prominent, thumping bass with excellent sub low extension and mid bass slam that never gets muddy. Warm and musical mids with good timbre, engaging and elevated vocals. Good treble extension but it's not smooth or splashy enough to be highlighted but has enough sparkle to keep things interesting.

Technically impressive: spot on imaging, quick transitions and attack speed, with weighty yet snappy note decay. Soundstage could be wider and deeper but is very tall. Not the last word in airiness and instrument separation either yet there's just enough room.

I like it better than Yincrows (X6, RW-9), 1MOREs (EO320, E1008), Edifiers (H180, H185, H190), NiceHCKs (DIY MX500, ME80), Toneking Viridis, FAAEAL Rosemary, and would keep it if only had to pick one among this list.
Can't wait to see more impressions for Iris Ancestor from you guys to confirm I am not loosing my mind :beerchug: .

IMG_20210605_112044.jpg

1622906952669.png

Jun 5, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #54,689 of 75,325
YMMV......

You will not be disappointed unless you hate bass!

So I got my Iris Ancestor yesterday. Ordered with low expectations for $2.50 USD shipped, just wanted to try the new FAAEAL model for price of a beer.

Here we go, this is EARBUD OF THE YEAR for me- it's mind-blowingly good!!! Forget $400 USD flagships......whether earbud vet or novice looking for a taste: stop what you're doing immediately and purchase this inexpensive earbud right now! :ksc75smile:

All frequencies are coherent: prominent, thumping bass with excellent sub low extension and mid bass slam that never gets muddy. Warm and musical mids with good timbre, engaging and elevated vocals. Good treble extension but it's not smooth or splashy enough to be highlighted but has enough sparkle to keep things interesting.

Technically impressive: spot on imaging, quick transitions and attack speed, with weighty yet snappy note decay. Soundstage could be wider and deeper but is very tall. Not the last word in airiness and instrument separation either yet there's just enough room.

I like it better than Yincrows (X6, RW-9), 1MOREs (EO320, E1008), Edifiers (H180, H185, H190), NiceHCKs (DIY MX500, ME80), Toneking Viridis, FAAEAL Rosemary, and would keep it if only had to pick one among this list.
Can't wait to see more impressions for Iris Ancestor from you guys to confirm I am not loosing my mind :beerchug: .

Hmmm, sounds interesting. Did you get the black or the clear black one? Thanks

Edit: nvm, looks like its the clear black on the photo :beyersmile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back