Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 8, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #51,376 of 75,171
Probably because during sales, coupons are available so it should still be cheaper than normal.

But this strategy is quite new I think, I dont remember this being used over a year ago...
You probably didn't pay attention earlier, but it has been around for a while, now there are a lot of browser extensions like AliPrice Price Tracker which help a lot

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #51,377 of 75,171
You probably didn't pay attention earlier, but it has been around for a while, now there are a lot of browser extensions like AliPrice Price Tracker which help a lot
Yeah probably. Those price tracker sites/add-ons are great.

Jan 8, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #51,378 of 75,171
By the way, I saw someone mentioned about the AliExpress seller increase the price before the sale period and here what I found.
I mention that. We talk about real price of EBX21 around $209. NiceHCK sale similar cable for $109 so only bugs should be worth $100. The reason I mention the split price is because the original model, before being discontinued, was sold separately from the cable.

Jan 8, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #51,379 of 75,171
Thanx for these photos. Good timing:beerchug:
Right now I'm working on my DIY coupler for imm-6 mic and your photos are good references. They make it easier to see the driver's orientation towards the ear canal. 30-60% of the sound goes directly into the ear canal, and in most cases where there are side vents, 50% of the vents is blocked by the ear, for example MX500 shells (one side is free and the other is blocked)
You're welcome! :beerchug:
In fact I listen to all of my buds this way because it enhances sound perception without having to crank up the volume (I'm mostly listening to my music at a whopping 60dB, sometimes 70dB -peak- when I'm going crazy! :sweat_smile: ), while it also helps a lot with isolation, even if it's never going to be like a good IEM in that department!
I'm able to listen to my buds in the streets without much problems, and they stay so well in position!

I wasn't aware of blocking vents when using them that way, even if there is, of course, a noticeable increase in bass and warmth.
I was attributing that warmth to the better seal and direct to ear canal flow, that's good to know, thanks! :thumbsup:

Jan 8, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #51,380 of 75,171
So, for those of you who have bought TMusic Beryllium, how do you find them?
TMusic_Bery.jpg
I received them about one month ago and I really like how they sound. They have a very good bass, in quantity (I think I've read that it was one of the quality usually associated to beryllium driver? :thinking: ) as well as quality. It's a warm pair of buds but they don't sound veiled or dark, even if they are obviously well equipped in the low end of the spectrum!

Perhaps what some of you call a L-shaped FR? I'm really bad at defining what I hear, i'm not a reviewer by any means but I can say that I'm happy I spent $14 on them, they are well worth it! :thumbsup:
They come with a few foams and a hard case, the wooden shell is really good and I quite like the cable, perhaps a bit stiff but of good quality and it even has a cinch slider, which is missing too often on a lot of cables.
And with almost no stem they are very comfortable in my ears, thanks a lot to whoever found them and exposed them here on Head-Fi! :beerchug:

Jan 8, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #51,381 of 75,171
You're welcome! :beerchug:
In fact I listen to all of my buds this way because it enhances sound perception without having to crank up the volume (I'm mostly listening to my music at a whopping 60dB, sometimes 70dB -peak- when I'm going crazy! :sweat_smile: ), while it also helps a lot with isolation, even if it's never going to be like a good IEM in that department!
I'm able to listen to my buds in the streets without much problems, and they stay so well in position!

I wasn't aware of blocking vents when using them that way, even if there is, of course, a noticeable increase in bass and warmth.
I was attributing that warmth to the better seal and direct to ear canal flow, that's good to know, thanks! :thumbsup:
Same here. I wear all my earbuds with metal shell over-ear for the same reason. You are lucky, my ear don't allow orienting buds this way (toward the ear canal).
Again is almost impossible to get 100% direct ear canal flow like with IEM. I saw that you use MX500 type of buds (with long stem) over-ear which is a bit unusual. :relaxed:
Recently I build "over-ear" mod for Tingo TC200 in standard MX500 shell and this is the prototype
1610152314175.png

Jan 8, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #51,382 of 75,171
I received them about one month ago and I really like how they sound. They have a very good bass, in quantity (I think I've read that it was one of the quality usually associated to beryllium driver? :thinking: ) as well as quality. It's a warm pair of buds but they don't sound veiled or dark, even if they are obviously well equipped in the low end of the spectrum!

Perhaps what some of you call a L-shaped FR? I'm really bad at defining what I hear, i'm not a reviewer by any means but I can say that I'm happy I spent $14 on them, they are well worth it! :thumbsup:
They come with a few foams and a hard case, the wooden shell is really good and I quite like the cable, perhaps a bit stiff but of good quality and it even has a cinch slider, which is missing too often on a lot of cables.
And with almost no stem they are very comfortable in my ears, thanks a lot to whoever found them and exposed them here on Head-Fi! :beerchug:
You mean this model? Beryllium coated drivers are well known for their nicely defined lowend frequencies. Also I noticed that the bass is even better on high impedance models like 130ohm and 600ohm. And yes, the bass has authority, mids are neutral and treble is smooth but I can't say they have anything to do with L-shape sound signature. You should also consider a wooden shell that gives extra warmth to the sound itself in a good way of course.
Another advantage of wooden shells is that you can very easily take off the driver and change the cables. Rubber stem is nice addition because of elastic connection with the shell which I prefer on this types of shells more then rigid MMCX
For now, enjoy listening to your favorite lists and "don't go crazy" with 70dB+ because sneaky tinnitus waits behind the corner :wink:
:beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #51,383 of 75,171
TMusic_Bery.jpg

I thought it was a cheap purported beryllium earbud and ordered it on 11/11 and asked the rest about it on this thread, seems a lot of folks like it. I was really quite excited to receive this set, but a big pity I never got my set. The shop on Aliexpress (TMusic store) played me out bigtime. Firstly they took like 2 - 3 weeks to ship it out. I messaged them to enquire, they claimed they were making each earbud by hand individually and not to worry. Thereafter they gave me a fake tracking number. It was claimed to be delivered to me in Singapore (but on checking some global tracking services like track17 net I realized that the fake tracking code was sent to somewhere in Siberia (Russia) LOL.

So I messaged them again, they claimed their worker inputted a wrong tracking code (Yes I've seen this usual lame excuse a few times in the past). But giving them the benefit of the doubt, I told them to ship it out with a new tracking number, I won't open a dispute as I would still want this earbud (by now it is 4 weeks from the order date). The shop promised to ship within 24 hours. So lies and more lies, after 3 days from that conversation, it wasn't shipped, Aliexpress was gonna close the deal as they claimed it was delivered a week before. I don't like to open disputes, and I understand that 11/11 can pose logistics challenges for shops, but I did so in this case cause the store is obviously not truthful despite giving them chances. I would rather they be truthful and tell me they can't meet demand or there's gonna be delays, rather than faking tracking numbers or making promises they cannot keep.

Anyways, glad to read your review, I'll see if I can order it again from another shop on Aliexpress at the next sale, but I'm boycotting that TMusic store for sure.

Jan 9, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #51,384 of 75,171
So, for those of you who have bought TMusic Beryllium
Mine only lasted for around 2 weeks, no sound on the left although I used the units only few times.

Jan 9, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #51,385 of 75,171
Mine only lasted for around 2 weeks, no sound on the left although I used the units only few times.
That is too bad. Thank you for sharing your unfortunate experience as I was actually considering to purchase a pair.

Jan 9, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #51,386 of 75,171
This model is also one of the buds which is assembled from DIY parts. The risk is similar when parts are purchased separately, there is a 50/50 chance of getting a bad copy. Sometimes it happens that it is a bad soldering.
Here's what you can try: unsolder the driver from the cables and test the correctness of the driver with a multimeter.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #51,387 of 75,171
Ok, coming back to my first post here, I thought it might be the time to show of how I'm wearing almost all of my earbuds, the exception being the JCALLY EP-05, which is too big to be worn as the others in my collection and even sounds better worn "the classic way" as it's too bassy otherwise.

So here are a couple of photos of the various buds in my ear (sorry, I'm not a top-model!) :
Faaeal Iris CE:
Faaeal_Iris_CE.jpg
Better have a transparent shell with the MX500 style as you will look weird in the street! :ksc75smile:

Faaeal Datura Pro:
Faaeal_Datura_Pro.jpg

HeadRoom MS16:
HeadRoom_MS16.jpg

K'S LBW:
KS_LBW.jpg
That's why I prefer earbuds without stem, they are the most comfortable for the way I wear them, and they sound great!

MEMT T5:
MEMT_T5.jpg
The "Earpod style" can be worn cable down without a problem but you get better bass this way, at least that's the case for me.

NiceHCK B40:
NiceHCK_B40.jpg
The shorter stem of PK shell is more comfortable for me.

TMusic Beryllium:
TMusic_Beryllium.jpg
Again, almost no stem=winner!

Yincrow RW-777:
Yincrow_RW-777.jpg
Love those!

And, for the record, the weirdest looking earbuds when worn cable up, Apple Earpods themselves!
Apple_Earpods.jpg
Those have tremendous bass when worn this way, don't forget to put a beany on your head if you're out in the street!!
That's it for now, hope it can help some of you that would think, like me the first time I used earbuds, that they lack bass or everything!
It was an eye-opener for me and I wouldn't want to go back after that. :L3000:

P.S. : Sorry for the long post and all those photos of my ears, I'd have much preferred to find another way to show this wearing style!... :face_palm:
I hope you don’t mind that I used a couple of your pictures to explain my little experiment :wink:

Jan 9, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #51,388 of 75,171
Ok, coming back to my first post here, I thought it might be the time to show of how I'm wearing almost all of my earbuds, the exception being the JCALLY EP-05, which is too big to be worn as the others in my collection and even sounds better worn "the classic way" as it's too bassy otherwise.

So here are a couple of photos of the various buds in my ear (sorry, I'm not a top-model!) :
Faaeal Iris CE:

Better have a transparent shell with the MX500 style as you will look weird in the street! :ksc75smile:

Faaeal Datura Pro:

HeadRoom MS16:

K'S LBW:

That's why I prefer earbuds without stem, they are the most comfortable for the way I wear them, and they sound great!

MEMT T5:

The "Earpod style" can be worn cable down without a problem but you get better bass this way, at least that's the case for me.

NiceHCK B40:

The shorter stem of PK shell is more comfortable for me.

TMusic Beryllium:

Again, almost no stem=winner!

Yincrow RW-777:

Love those!

And, for the record, the weirdest looking earbuds when worn cable up, Apple Earpods themselves!

Those have tremendous bass when worn this way, don't forget to put a beany on your head if you're out in the street!!
That's it for now, hope it can help some of you that would think, like me the first time I used earbuds, that they lack bass or everything!
It was an eye-opener for me and I wouldn't want to go back after that. :L3000:

P.S. : Sorry for the long post and all those photos of my ears, I'd have much preferred to find another way to show this wearing style!... :face_palm:

I wear my earbuds in a special way too, with the cord hanging downward as usual, and the speaker side facing forward, pressing against the tragus.
This makes the bass emphasized, so if you're interested, try it this way.

Sorry for the dirty ears in the photo.
ear-rw9.jpg
ear-rw2000.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #51,390 of 75,171
Same here. I wear all my earbuds with metal shell over-ear for the same reason. You are lucky, my ear don't allow orienting buds this way (toward the ear canal).
Again is almost impossible to get 100% direct ear canal flow like with IEM. I saw that you use MX500 type of buds (with long stem) over-ear which is a bit unusual. :relaxed:
Recently I build "over-ear" mod for Tingo TC200 in standard MX500 shell and this is the prototype
1610152314175.png
Yeah, I accidentally tried that way of wearing buds when I got my first ones and was so disappointed by what I was hearing! :thinking:

And, like I said, don't forget to wear a beany when you go outside with a MX500 shell (or, worst, Earpods!) in your ears!! :sweat_smile:

I really like short stems for that, they sit flush in the ears and aren't too noticeable, in addition to being a lot more comfortable, your prototype looks good and I hope it sounds as good! :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back