Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 3, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #50,761 of 75,573
Speaking of FAAEAL, are you planning to make a compensation file for FAAEAL Datura Pro.
It’s a shame they don’t sound as good as they look. The driver has potential but is not very well tuned.
Hc860b22774ad4a8e8d0fc3f6f6a3d5f81.jpg

DUNU Luna Info : diafragm material comparation
dunu-luna.jpg
graph from @cenizas of the Datura Pro

datura pro stock.jpg

You might not hear much of a difference between these two files because that bass drop-off is pretty significant. As always, for the PEQ, starting off with hitting the compress button 2 or 3 times is recommended. In wavelet, 50% to 75% is typically a good range for the eq strength.

Attachments

• datura pro PEQ v1.5 bass.txt
    420 bytes · Views: 0
  • datura pro v1.5 bass.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
  • datura pro PEQ v1.5 neutral.txt
    420 bytes · Views: 0
  • datura pro v1.5 neutral.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #50,762 of 75,573
Definitely a good looking earbud, Datura Pro. And reasonably priced if the build quality is as good as it looks.

g2Ng1EV0WW.png

**edit**
@furyossa, I'm holding my breath wondering how it sounds corrected? The correction looks pretty extreme. I'm wondering if you have to hit compress 3 or 4 times.

@cenizas, when you get a chance, can you try it out on wavelet? Thx!

Screenshot_20201203-125539_Wavelet.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #50,763 of 75,573
@cenizas graph of the Datura Pro

datura pro stock.jpg

You might not hear much of a difference between these two files because that bass drop-off is pretty significant. As always, for the PEQ, starting off with hitting the compress button 2 or 3 times is recommended. In wavelet, 50% to 75% is typically a good range for the eq strength.
You can add these files to your thread. I will post there my impressions. For now ... wait I will tell you later. I need to go through the list of songs first. :beerchug:
After that, you can decide whether to order this model or not :wink:

Dec 3, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #50,764 of 75,573
Definitely a good looking earbud, Datura Pro. And reasonably priced if the build quality is as good as it looks.

**edit**
@furyossa, I'm holding my breath wondering how it sounds corrected? The correction looks pretty extreme. I'm wondering if you have to hit compress 3 or 4 times.

@cenizas, when you get a chance, can you try it out on wavelet? Thx!

Build quality is superb, only sound need fix

Dec 3, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #50,765 of 75,573
Wavelet users...

Looks like the Faaeal Datura Pro responds to eq exceptionally well. @furyossa wrote up some observations here.

Good enough for me. I went ahead and put my order in!

Dec 3, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #50,766 of 75,573
Wavelet users...

Looks like the Faaeal Datura Pro responds to eq exceptionally well. @furyossa wrote up some observations here.

Good enough for me. I went ahead and put my order in!

The FAAEAL Datura Pro is a midcentric set, good for vocal lovers. Just that it has a treble slight roll off and massive bass roll off, so not that all rounder for some genres that are bass heavy.
FWIW, midcentric tunings are very niche, so it's kind of a love or hate it tuning. But indeed, it does take to EQ quite well, and build is good (though cable is not detachable). At original launch pricing of $30ish - 40ish USD, I wouldn't recommend it. But at the usual $20 during sales, it is a soft recommendation if you know you want a midcentric tuning, or you have EQ to play with.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 10:47 PM Post #50,767 of 75,573
My DIY PK2 16 ohms from Chitty's store have developed a rattle on one side after an year and a half of owning them while rotating with other earbuds. The Yuin PK2 shells I had strangely also developed this exact rattle in one year after an ear though not to the same extent.

Are these basically done or would changing the wire fix this?

Dec 3, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #50,768 of 75,573
My DIY PK2 16 ohms from Chitty's store have developed a rattle on one side after an year and a half of owning them while rotating with other earbuds. The Yuin PK2 shells I had strangely also developed this exact rattle in one year after an ear though not to the same extent.

Are these basically done or would changing the wire fix this?
In addition to the rattle, there is also the problem that one of the drivers loses sound.
Try first with cable. Unsolder cable from the driver, cut the tops, and solder again. Sometimes a plug can cause the problem. The worst-case scenario would be a broken voice coil wire. In that case, count on buying new drivers

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #50,769 of 75,573
The FAAEAL Datura Pro is a midcentric set, good for vocal lovers. Just that it has a treble slight roll off and massive bass roll off, so not that all rounder for some genres that are bass heavy.
FWIW, midcentric tunings are very niche, so it's kind of a love or hate it tuning. But indeed, it does take to EQ quite well, and build is good (though cable is not detachable). At original launch pricing of $30ish - 40ish USD, I wouldn't recommend it. But at the usual $20 during sales, it is a soft recommendation if you know you want a midcentric tuning, or you have EQ to play with.
It is no longer such a sound signature after the @Sam_L compensation file. If you have the opportunity, try this EQ correction, you will be surprised how good can sound this aluminum-coated driver.

Dec 3, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #50,770 of 75,573
It is no longer such a sound signature after the @Sam_L compensation file. If you have the opportunity, try this EQ correction, you will be surprised how good can sound this aluminum-coated driver.
I'm excited to try it out. Shipping estimate is by Jan.9. :frowning2:

and so the waiting game begins.

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #50,771 of 75,573
Thanks for the observations, matches what I would guess it to sound like from the graph. I'll be running them exclusively on wavelet compensation.

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #50,772 of 75,573
Ok just found some actual earbuds measurments made with a 5128. My measurment of the ty 32 was not that bad actually :) It also shows the Lotus in all it's glory. It's soooooooooo cool! Seriously I have no idea where this comes from, I'm a bit supicious but my hearth wants to believe. They seem to collaborate with the guy from soundexpert (who produces very neet articles but is a little obstinate) so I guess it's real. Anyone who knew about this database?

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #50,773 of 75,573
Ok just found some actual earbuds measurments made with a 5128. My measurment of the ty 32 was not that bad actually :) It also shows the Lotus in all it's glory. It's soooooooooo cool! Seriously I have no idea where this comes from, I'm a bit supicious but my hearth wants to believe. They seem to collaborate with the guy from soundexpert (who produces very neet articles but is a little obstinate) so I guess it's real. Anyone who knew about this database?
Nice find. :beerchug:

Dec 4, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #50,774 of 75,573
When I checked my set with an Ohmmeter, they measured about 297-Ohms - which was a bit surprising, since they're advertised as 150-Ohms. :ksc75smile:
I received my Smabat ST10s Gold last week and measured the resistance of both drivers, one is 159.6 Ohms and the other 159.8 Ohms, which is closed to the advertised 150 Ohms

Dec 4, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #50,775 of 75,573
I received my Smabat ST10s Gold last week and measured the resistance of both drivers, one is 159.6 Ohms and the other 159.8 Ohms, which is closed to the advertised 150 Ohms

I'm going to check again, with both of my Ohmmeters. :thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back