Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 2, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #50,731 of 75,871
Im looking forward in hearing your impressions on the rw9. :) Thanks again
yeah np. If I am lucky I might get it this week, if not I get it next week.

Dec 2, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #50,732 of 75,871
Sorry im being too overly active/asking too much questions here, but can somebody compare k's nameless and toneking tp16? I've heard someone say tp16 sounds like it but with better bass and slightly less highs. I already have tp16 so im worried if i pull the trigger i might be dissapointed that it sounds similar or worse than the tp16.

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #50,733 of 75,871
Sorry I used a translator

A week ago, I received 2 earbuds, and there was no time to write about them.

Prehistory:
There are 2 versions: Yincrow RW-1000 (Daniel) and then the Yincrow RW-1000 Bass Pro (Daniel) was released since there is a simple lack of bass.
The RW-1000 Bass Pro is on the same level as the regular RW-1000 but tuned a little warmer, so they are technically almost equally good. The Bass Pro has a better sense of musicality, while the regular RW-1000 is more neutral.

Yincrow RW-2000 (Bison) is an evolution of the Yincrow RW-1000 Bass Pro, which is popular

3858cf3d-bb21-4af6-8f98-eb795e913a0b.jpg

This is not a jump, but simply improved various details in the sound, weight/mass in the sound appeared, the bass became more than in Bass Pro, the highs were softened a little for comfort, but the cymbals are still heard well, the clatter and all that, the scene remained just as good, but in Bass Pro, it seemed to be wider. I used thin foam rubber, it fits well with foam rubber.

080251e8-3557-4b15-ad31-2caf9ff0770a.jpg

About Toneking Dendroaspis Viridis, it's good to sit down with hooks, after warming up there is bass, there are details, the stage is wide, the sound is a little dry, on the contrary, the RW-2000 has a noticeable weight in the sound. Compared to the lightly pressed tops of the RW-2000, on the contrary, they emit Sssssss like a green snake and have bright cymbal attacks. I used thick foam. In general, the headphones turned out to be quite good considering the sale price; for those who do not like the upper middle, they may not be suitable. In terms of sound level, this pushes Silver and Green Smabats, but I would say I liked the Gold ones better, but they are pressed against the gold tops, and the fit only fits well behind the ear.

Dec 2, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #50,734 of 75,871
Today's mobile listening setup.

I will be spending a good deal of time in the morning with my headphones, H6 1st gen, then move on to the Faaeals. I compensate the headphones to oratory1990 curve and use them as my main reference when I'm tweaking my earbud target curves.

20201202_085652.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #50,735 of 75,871
Sorry I used a translator

A week ago, I received 2 earbuds, and there was no time to write about them.

Prehistory:
There are 2 versions: Yincrow RW-1000 (Daniel) and then the Yincrow RW-1000 Bass Pro (Daniel) was released since there is a simple lack of bass.
The RW-1000 Bass Pro is on the same level as the regular RW-1000 but tuned a little warmer, so they are technically almost equally good. The Bass Pro has a better sense of musicality, while the regular RW-1000 is more neutral.

Yincrow RW-2000 (Bison) is an evolution of the Yincrow RW-1000 Bass Pro, which is popular

3858cf3d-bb21-4af6-8f98-eb795e913a0b.jpg
This is not a jump, but simply improved various details in the sound, weight/mass in the sound appeared, the bass became more than in Bass Pro, the highs were softened a little for comfort, but the cymbals are still heard well, the clatter and all that, the scene remained just as good, but in Bass Pro, it seemed to be wider. I used thin foam rubber, it fits well with foam rubber.

080251e8-3557-4b15-ad31-2caf9ff0770a.jpg

About Toneking Dendroaspis Viridis, it's good to sit down with hooks, after warming up there is bass, there are details, the stage is wide, the sound is a little dry, on the contrary, the RW-2000 has a noticeable weight in the sound. Compared to the lightly pressed tops of the RW-2000, on the contrary, they emit Sssssss like a green snake and have bright cymbal attacks. I used thick foam. In general, the headphones turned out to be quite good considering the sale price; for those who do not like the upper middle, they may not be suitable. In terms of sound level, this pushes Silver and Green Smabats, but I would say I liked the Gold ones better, but they are pressed against the gold tops, and the fit only fits well behind the ear.
Thank you for sharing your observations. I'm going to hold off indefinitely my plans to get this bud. I'm happy with what I have and will devote attention to sub $20 earbuds for now.

Dec 2, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #50,736 of 75,871
Virtual Earbud Meet-up!

Hey All, last week I asked if anyone would be interested in a virtual meet-up to discuss, share various topics regarding our passion for earbuds.

There seems to be decent interest from users over on the FB group, so I feel good about moving forward.

Description and sample agenda is in the calendar poll.

https://xoyondo.com/dp/oPjVdpUr5iXtilP

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #50,737 of 75,871
Sorry im being too overly active/asking too much questions here, but can somebody compare k's nameless and toneking tp16? I've heard someone say tp16 sounds like it but with better bass and slightly less highs. I already have tp16 so im worried if i pull the trigger i might be dissapointed that it sounds similar or worse than the tp16.
you can never ask too many questions here. keep the questions coming!

I have a toneking tp16 inbound. When I get it i'll compare it with the Nameless.

Dec 2, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #50,739 of 75,871
Hey guys any thoughts on the fiio em5? im really interested in a big soundstage and imaging are they good ofr that?
i currently have a smabat st-10 as my "flagship " and i love the imaging and sound signature of them(the fit is kinda bad thought), but i found the soundstage to be very underwhelming and i would like to step up my game, i love a neutral sound so i dont mind if the em5's have a very neutral sound signature for what ive heard other people saying

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #50,740 of 75,871
Hey guys I want some recommedations and I also have a few questions. Rn I own a NiceHCK B40, toneking tp16, a broken tingo tc200 and a broken ve monk+ . What other earbuds should I buy? Im considering buying vidos and recabling them, but i've heard yincrow x6 is similar but better from this one thread. Is the vido gonna be equally good if i recable them? Also im considering re-purchasing the tingo tc200s, should I or should I not? Is there a better alternative?

I have the TC200's but not the X6's, I like the TC200's, but I think I'm going to like the X6's more :)

there's really only a handful that meet that requirement. Most buds have lower mid bloat. These come to mind

Nicehck me80 (discontinued)
yincrow rw-9 (rumored to be recently discontinued?)
yiincrow x6 (one of my favorites)
Y**y** bk2 (not much bass though)
Smabat s-10s (i have the blk/silver version)

**edit**
Just realized you want both bass and no lower mid bloat. X6 get's my vote.

X6's on the way!

Btw, do you have the MX500's? I'm surprised how good they are.

Dec 3, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #50,742 of 75,871
I have the TC200's but not the X6's, I like the TC200's, but I think I'm going to like the X6's more :)

X6's on the way!

Btw, do you have the MX500's? I'm surprised how good they are.
I have the fengru version of the mx500. Excellent buds. That should be on my previous list as well.

Dec 3, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #50,743 of 75,871
i currently have a smabat st-10 as my "flagship " and i love the imaging and sound signature of them(the fit is kinda bad thought), but i found the soundstage to be very underwhelming and i would like to step up my game, i love a neutral sound so i dont mind if the em5's have a very neutral sound signature for what ive heard other people saying
The em5's are far from a neutral sound signature. They are a warm bud, with strong but controlled bass and decent clarity in the upper mids and treble (though not very bright). The most neutral bud I've heard so far is the bk2. I could see, possibly, how monk plus fans would consider the em5 neutral but anyone coming from the iem world would not agree. Sound stage is good. I haven't listened to mine in several weeks but don't recall thinking they were exceptional in sound stage, but that is in part due to a good handful of buds I've compensated with some of my target curves that have expansive sound stage. However, the em5 has outstanding imaging and particularly fantastic bass texture.

Dec 3, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #50,744 of 75,871
one more thing, if you're on windows or an android 9+ phone, these files will increase your sound stage noticeably.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbud-target-curve-tests.944006/page-9#post-15986035

**edit**
or not. I just realized you have the older s-10 version? I don't have any measurements of that bud to generate autoeq files.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #50,745 of 75,871
you can never ask too many questions here. keep the questions coming!

I have a toneking tp16 inbound. When I get it i'll compare it with the Nameless.
i reallly like how smooth the nameless is
one more thing, if you're on windows or an android 9+ phone, these files will increase your sound stage noticeably.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbud-target-curve-tests.944006/page-9#post-15986035

**edit**
or not. I just realized you have the older s-10 version? I don't have any measurements of that bud to generate autoeq files.
Yes i have the older st-10 but anyway im trying this one to see if i get any improvements or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back