Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 16, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #50,416 of 75,200
I finally came across another PK shell earbud that's under $50...Willsound PK32 for $43. I was actually looking up the Willsound earbuds which you guys are always recommending but decided against one because I didn't wanna spend more than $20 on an MX500 shell bud since I know I won't use it much. These ones on the other hand look intriguing, I just don't see very many reviews for them anywhere.

https://www.rholupat.com/willsound-buds/pk32-gendhis.html

It's a bit old, but below is a comparative review of each WillSound model. (It is not written by me.)
https://aftersoundblog.wordpress.co...n-english-review-mk1-mk2-mk3-mk300-pk16-pk32/

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #50,417 of 75,200
Hey guys,
I'm trying to look for a earbud with a budget of $80.. I'll primarily use it for gaming (When I'm sweaty and do not want to put on headphones yet). Looking for something with more bass and a more comfortable shell than VE's monk plus.

I currently shortlisted the ZEN lite as the original Zen's sounded amazing and I wish to have something better than the monks. Not sure if there's something out there that you guys can easily recommend?

Nov 16, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #50,418 of 75,200
yeah saw that, my us-based amazon account login doesn't work. :frowning2: I'm not sure what the international shipping costs would be if they do sell international.

I’m in the US and I picked up a pair of the ME80 off of Amazon Japan for $31 shipped. You have to create a new account on Amazon Japan, as your US Amazon account won’t work. My order arrived in 7 days (west coast).

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #50,419 of 75,200
Open back

Technically yes. But what I find is that open back headphones tend to throw back ALL the sound farther around the soundstage. To me, there is less 3D sound or separation between instruments with openbacks that are really wide--or at least this is the case for me with my AKG K7XX that do have what many consider a large sound stage. I don't actually like their presentation of instrument placement even though the stage is larger than the Flares I own or the E5000's I used to own. Honestly, the Final E5000 is near a perfect blend of Soundstage size and instrument placement within that stage.

Nov 16, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #50,420 of 75,200
Hey guys,
I'm trying to look for a earbud with a budget of $80.. I'll primarily use it for gaming (When I'm sweaty and do not want to put on headphones yet). Looking for something with more bass and a more comfortable shell than VE's monk plus.

I currently shortlisted the ZEN lite as the original Zen's sounded amazing and I wish to have something better than the monks. Not sure if there's something out there that you guys can easily recommend?

Do you need a mic? I think the VE Monk Lite 40 ohm comes with a mic'd version and it's not the absolute best for music but very comfortable shell though you have to buy it from their website I think because the mic version is not on AE.

If you don't need a mic then the Qian39 is cheap, has solid bass, and uses that some comfortable shell plus is very good I find for dialogue or music.

Nov 16, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #50,421 of 75,200
Hey guys,

what platform are you gaming on?

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #50,423 of 75,200
@RikudouGoku Are you still planning on getting the Toneking Green Mamba?

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #50,424 of 75,200
Nov 17, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #50,425 of 75,200
Nov 17, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #50,426 of 75,200
Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #50,427 of 75,200
Do you need a mic? I think the VE Monk Lite 40 ohm comes with a mic'd version and it's not the absolute best for music but very comfortable shell though you have to buy it from their website I think because the mic version is not on AE.

If you don't need a mic then the Qian39 is cheap, has solid bass, and uses that some comfortable shell plus is very good I find for dialogue or music.

I don't really need a mic, I currently use the HD58X and a Modmic attached to it. It goes to my USB DAC with a separate mic and audio input so.. I think no earbud has that feature yet.. So just audio would do.

I guess the VE Monk Lite is good enough yah? Would the ZEN lite be a good upgrade? with more soundstage and bass?

Nov 17, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #50,430 of 75,200
I'm thinking of picking up some 600ohm earbuds, just need to figure out how I'm going to drive them. haha

Has anyone tried any?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back