Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 14, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #50,386 of 75,463
This doesn't really answer the question I initially asked on the last page about Auglamour RX-1s or similar buds but I'll give these a try, they look intriguing.
If I understood you correctly, you asked for some recommendations for "non-fatiguing" buds? For me personally, earphones with "bright" hights are fatiguing and in some cases with overemphasized bass. The earphones that I recommended are characterized by fast bass, clean mids, wide soundstage, and nice imaging.
Of course, this is subjective, maybe you are looking for something else, but on the previous pages there are a lot of good recommendations

Nov 14, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #50,387 of 75,463
Wow, I hope you'll like them! I'm not a big cable guy myself, just use some cheap but decent 3-4usd ones at the moment. :)
You have studied this driver the best so far. I haven't had a chance to get it, but I believe it's really good.
I ordered 5 pairs and MX500 shells for them! Let's assemble them!
Would you recommend any special type of cables (OFC, OOC, SPC, etc) for them?
If you didn't plan to build the cable from scratch RY Earphone Store has a nice collection of light and cheap cable for DIY.
I own RY-c10, c11,c12,c15, and not have any problem for now.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #50,388 of 75,463
You have studied this driver the best so far. I haven't had a chance to get it, but I believe it's really good.

If you didn't plan to make the cable from scratch RY Earphone Store has a nice collection of light and cheap cable for DIY.
I own RY-c10, c11,c12,c15, and not have any problem for now.
I agree, I also have RY-C10 and it's nice, cklewis and NSC also has nice cheap cables. Anyways, I think we're talking in the wrong thread haha :D
@rprodrigues
The basic mx500 set and 19-21 driver creates a nice, tight, slightly analytical sound, and I believe you will be able to play around a lot with the vents and tuning foams with good success. I have a new build with these drivers, based on the bundled type of mx500 and some vent mod, will share it soon. It has a fun, smoother, warmer sound with punchy midbass, very enjoyable as well.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #50,389 of 75,463
Well, the cable on the RW-9 is better than the X6 at least. And it is discontinued so I grabbed it while I could.
Yes the cable is pretty much the same as the old school ue900 cable Logitech released right around the time they acquired UE

Nov 14, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #50,390 of 75,463
I agree, I also have RY-C10 and it's nice, cklewis and NSC also has nice cheap cables. Anyways, I think we're talking in the wrong thread haha :D
@rprodrigues
The basic mx500 set and 19-21 driver creates a nice, tight, slightly analytical sound, and I believe you will be able to play around a lot with the vents and tuning foams with good success. I have a new build with these drivers, based on the bundled type of mx500 and some vent mod, will share it soon. It has a fun, smoother, warmer sound with punchy midbass, very enjoyable as well.
:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:It's good that you noticed:smiley:, I wanted to tell you right after the first post, but it doesn't matter. I hope they don't mind, this is a thread about earbuds anyway :L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #50,391 of 75,463
Yes the cable is pretty much the same as the old school ue900 cable Logitech released right around the time they acquired UE
Not familiar with the UE900 nor UE lol. :joy:

Nov 14, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #50,392 of 75,463
Well, the cable on the RW-9 is better than the X6 at least. And it is discontinued so I grabbed it while I could.
Wait, what?! The RW-9 is discontinued? Wow, first the me80 then the RW-9. Really fruatrating

Nov 14, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #50,393 of 75,463
Wait, what?! The RW-9 is discontinued? Wow, first the me80 then the RW-9. Really fruatrating
Yeah, according to niceHCK (I asked why they didnt have it) and they said it was discontinued. Better get it while you can!

Nov 14, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #50,394 of 75,463
Yeah, according to niceHCK (I asked why they didnt have it) and they said it was discontinued. Better get it while you can!
I have 3 pairs! :man_dancing::thumbsup:

Nov 14, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #50,395 of 75,463
Sorry, I posted this before but didn't get much input, so I thought I'd ask again.

I really like the Willsound MK2 very airy extended treble and great bass, the mids are present and lively as well.

I wanted to order another MK2, but the MK32 was recommended to try.
Any comparisons/recommendations between the two?

Or, any other recommendations on some other earbuds easily found on Amazon USA for less than $100 (give or take) that may be a bit of an upgrade to the MK2?

The shipping charge and time to ship to USA for Willsound is kind of a buzzkill, so looking for a easy buy from Amazon.

TIA
I own both in MMCX versions.
If we say MK2 have a rather "in your face" sound, MK32 sound more distant, laid back, slightly more detailed and refined.

Nov 14, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #50,398 of 75,463
Received the WillSound MK32 Special Edition few days back.

On a quick listen, sound is warm.. and laidback..

Will listen to it some more and get back with a detailed view on the buds.

IMG_20201113_155822.jpg

Nov 15, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #50,399 of 75,463
My toneking dendroaspis veridis is come :L3000: The headphones are not heavy, they sit comfortably in the ear. In terms of sound, the stage and positioning of the instruments are good both in width and depth, also excellent separation of instruments - no mess even on extreme music, quite even in frequencies, the bass is fast, biting and unobtrusive, high perfectly worked out in detail - the cymbals and bells are simply amazing and with all the after-sounds, the bass guitar in the compositions is audible and perfectly readable.

Nice impressions!

How is the subbass extension for a earbud? Sorry basshead here, always looking for better subbass extension in earbuds (my current gold standard is the SMABAT ST10S Black Gold).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back