Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 9, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #47,236 of 75,358
I tried PK1 MMCX (150ohms red film) with PK shell, after that with this metalic shell + MMCX + balanced cable and nothing.
I was not at all pleased with the sound. I ended up buying DOCOMO shells and Furukawa silver plated wire and I brought them back to life.
The cable is a little stiff but who cares when it contributes to the sound improvement. BTW... You can try with any silver cable
pk1.jpg

I think your PK1 driver (150 ohms red film) had its bass boosted by the Variant DOCOMO shell and its treble improved by the Furukawa silver plated wire to give a satisfactory sound.

And I feel the treble of my docomo earbuds driver with MMCX copper cable is sufficient, so I don't need silver cable now...

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #47,237 of 75,358
I think your PK1 driver (150 ohms red film) had its bass boosted by the Variant DOCOMO shell and its treble improved by the Furukawa silver plated wire to give a satisfactory sound.

And I feel the treble of my docomo earbuds driver with MMCX copper cable is sufficient, so I don't need silver cable now...
Exactly. Before I used Furukawa wire with PK1 "red", the sound is not so clean and PK2 that comes in DOCOMO shell, in my opinion, it had a slightly better sound presentation.
But with silver cable, PK1 sound is more balanced, cleaner and relaxing then PK2 in the same shell. Still, the price difference is huge but this price does not justify that much better sound of PK1.
Both are interesting in their own way: PK2 - more energetic :smiling_imp: and PK1 "RED" - more refined :innocent:.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #47,239 of 75,358
PH-10 is a very well made earbud, consider that it only costs $10. It just lacks a bit of airiness and detail to make it to the next level.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EB41.jpg

Hifiboy Dream
K's Earphones 'Black Bell' (Black Ling) balanced
K's Earphones Beryllium driver 180ohm prototype (纯铍180欧工程版)
K's Earphones 'White Bell' (White Ling) balanced

EB42.jpg

K's Earphones K32
K's Earphones K300
K's Earphones K64

EB43.jpg

VE Monk Omega
VE Asura Omega
VE Zen Omega

EB44.jpg

VE Monk Lite 40ohm SPC balanced
VE Monk Lite 120ohm SPC balanced
VE Zen Lite balanced

EB45.jpg

Simphonio Dragon2+ (SWD2+)
Shozy BK Limited

EB46.jpg

Polvcdg A6
EMX500
EMX500S

EB47.jpg

Z Acoustics 'DaoMaDan' (刀马旦)
Yincrow RW-9

EB48.jpg

BGVP DX3s
PMV BE
Blox TM9

EB49.jpg

Mi (Xiaomi) Dual Driver Earphones BRE01JY
Dai-K DK-震(Zhen)
Faaeal Datura X
NiceHCK EB2

EB50.jpg

Mega Master A7
Mega Master HD1000
Yincrow RW-9 Balanced
**** PT25
ZEVA The Dragon 2.0
ZEVA The Dragon S

EB51.jpg

WillSound MK1 Special Edition
ZEVA 雪灵 Snow
ZEVA 塞壬 Siren
ZEVA 东皇 Lord.E

EB52.jpg

Rose Masya 2 (a.k.a. Masya Pro)
Google Glass earbuds (reterminated with mmcx)
K's (凯) Bell-Ti 32ohm Low Impedance Edition
K's (凯) Bell-Ti 120ohm High Impedance Edition

EB53.jpg

荣K68 Silver Cable Edition
K's (凯) Little Black Bell (LBB 小黑铃)
MoonDrop VXC
MoonDrop VXJ

EB54.jpg

Kilinee (轻聆) K16
Rose Masya 2 (a.k.a. Masya Pro) Custom Edition
荣K68 Black Cable Edition
MoonDrop Shiro-Yuki
**** BK2

EB55.jpg

QC Audio 清川电声 QC500+
Audio-Technica ATH-C200iS
Ambie Sound Earcuffs
Smabat ST-10

EB56.jpg

ZEVA The Dragon 2.0M Standard
DIY iBud with AKG Prototype driver (see this for detail)
ZEVA Lord.E (东皇) - this is actually the same earbuds as the DonHuang / East Emperor I posted a few months ago, but I sent it back for a slight retune.
Sony STH40D

EB57.jpg

ZEVA SuperFire
ZEVA Snow 2.0
Yincrow RW-100

EB58.jpg

ISN Audio Rambo
Kube v1
Planar Earbud One / PE1 (see this)
Samsung EG920
Elibuds Sabia V6

EB59.jpg

Apple 1st. Gen. iBud (recabled)
DIY earbud with 'ironman' driver

EB60.jpg

ANN N200
NiceHCK ME80
TOPlay

EB61.jpg

Smabat ST10 (New MMCX socket version)
K's White Ling E Standard Edition
K's White Ling E Bass Edition
**** KP110

EB62.jpg

BM32
Moondrop Chaconne

EB63.jpg

JVC HA-F160
NiceHCK B40
DQSM Turandot
Oren 40 by 꿈결소리 "Dream Sound"

EB64.jpg

瑞友MC9D
BGVP DX5
K's Earphones 'Smurf' / 'Blue Elf' (蓝精灵)
Smabat M1 Pro

EB65.jpg

Reecho RC One
Yincrow RW-1000
OurArt QJ21

EB66.jpg

**** KP120
Qian 49
Faaeal Datura-Pro

EB67.jpg

Earbuds Anonymous
Ostry KC08T

EB68.jpg

ZEVA (ZEVAXY) SuperFire Pro
K's Earphone's Bell-Ti Onmyoji (阴阳师)
K's Earphone's Little Black Bell S (小黑铃s)
Rose Tech Maria

EB69.jpg

Edifier LolliPod
MB Quart MB100
Shozy SG (小金)
Hello sir
I already have smabat st 10 and I want to know is yincrow a good compliment along my smabat
Can you give me your impressions of the yincrow
Thanks in advance

Mar 10, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #47,240 of 75,358
Mar 10, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #47,241 of 75,358
Hello sir
I already have smabat st 10 and I want to know is yincrow a good compliment along my smabat
Can you give me your impressions of the yincrow
Thanks in advance

Next time, just use @ClieOS and don't quote whole post as that has a lot of pictures in it.

If you are referring to RW-1000 - I'll probably describe it as a warmer, slightly more V-shaped sounding version of ST-10. It can be somewhat of a compliment of ST-10 but it isn't an exact opposite sound signature wise. My idea of a compliment goes closer to having an opposing sound signature, which means a more vocal-centric sound.

Mar 10, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #47,243 of 75,358
Next time, just use @ClieOS and don't quote whole post as that has a lot of pictures in it.

If you are referring to RW-1000 - I'll probably describe it as a warmer, slightly more V-shaped sounding version of ST-10. It can be somewhat of a compliment of ST-10 but it isn't an exact opposite sound signature wise. My idea of a compliment goes closer to having an opposing sound signature, which means a more vocal-centric sound.
OH sorry I am new
And thank you for your advice and comments

Mar 10, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #47,244 of 75,358
Does the shell material affect the overall sound of an earbud? I'm transferring an earbud driver to save something from it.

In all likelihood, yes, it will affect the sound and it probably won't sound the same as the original driver.

Driver placement, damper materials, nozzle length/diameter, shell shape/size and shell material all affect the sound and resonances to some extent.

Mar 10, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #47,245 of 75,358
In all likelihood, yes, it will affect the sound and it probably won't sound the same as the original driver.

Driver placement, damper materials, nozzle length/diameter, shell shape/size and shell material all affect the sound and resonances to some extent.
Just what I needed to hear, thanks! Also, is there any tutorials on how to safely remove glued up tight drivers from the shells, or just taking MX500 shelled earbuds apart?

Mar 10, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #47,246 of 75,358
Just what I needed to hear, thanks! Also, is there any tutorials on how to safely remove glued up tight drivers from the shells, or just taking MX500 shelled earbuds apart?
There is a risk to damage the driver if the glue has spilled over the backside of the driver. You can try with a hairdryer to warm the shell in order to soften the glue a little but be careful not to overheat.

Mar 10, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #47,247 of 75,358
There is a risk to damage the driver if the glue has spilled over the backside of the driver. You can try with a hairdryer to warm the shell in order to soften the glue a little but be careful not to overheat.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely try to be careful.

Mar 10, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #47,248 of 75,358

Users who are viewing this thread

Back