Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 21, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #46,876 of 75,162
Modded my K's LBB.

Does not seem quite as dark once modded, the original cable is not sealed where it goes into the housing. So this mod closes up a large vent.

IMG_20200121_131712.jpg

Probably never doing that again.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #46,877 of 75,162
Well despite the lack of recommendations on my post in the intro forum I decided to dive in with a few buds after reading wayyyy too much of this thread. I also purchased a fiio x3ii as my first dap since my phone is always out of storage.

9942079_l.jpg

These are the Faaeal Snow Lotus 1.0+ CE and the Earbuds Anonymous EA buds. I got the EA buds and I thought they sounded good but struggled a bit with irritation from the fit. Then I got the Snow Lotus 1.0+ and wow they sound great. So good, that I haven't really listened to the EA buds very much since. The sound stage and imaging is much better on the Snow Lotus and it also seems to have more bass extension. This is most notable when gaming, I can tell footstep positions much better with the Snow Lotus (on par with my ATH-AD700X). I struggle to tell a difference with sound stage when listening to music. The cable on the EA buds is nicer/lighter but the SL has a more premium feeling 3.5mm jack. Both came with high quality foams and I can't tell a difference between the included and the hiegi ones I ordered (except maybe in QC). I'm using 1 regular + 1 donut on both as I found the extra padding of double foams made them less prone to irritation. I'm not much for describing sound signatures but I can say that I really enjoy the SL.

Still have the R4YS on the way but as far as budget buds, I think I'm pretty happy.

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #46,878 of 75,162
Well despite the lack of recommendations on my post in the intro forum I decided to dive in with a few buds after reading wayyyy too much of this thread. I also purchased a fiio x3ii as my first dap since my phone is always out of storage.

9942079_l.jpg

These are the Faaeal Snow Lotus 1.0+ CE and the Earbuds Anonymous EA buds. I got the EA buds and I thought they sounded good but struggled a bit with irritation from the fit. Then I got the Snow Lotus 1.0+ and wow they sound great. So good, that I haven't really listened to the EA buds very much since. The sound stage and imaging is much better on the Snow Lotus and it also seems to have more bass extension. This is most notable when gaming, I can tell footstep positions much better with the Snow Lotus (on par with my ATH-AD700X). I struggle to tell a difference with sound stage when listening to music. The cable on the EA buds is nicer/lighter but the SL has a more premium feeling 3.5mm jack. Both came with high quality foams and I can't tell a difference between the included and the hiegi ones I ordered (except maybe in QC). I'm using 1 regular + 1 donut on both as I found the extra padding of double foams made them less prone to irritation. I'm not much for describing sound signatures but I can say that I really enjoy the SL.

Still have the R4YS on the way but as far as budget buds, I think I'm pretty happy.

Thank you for sharing. What does the CE stand for?

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #46,879 of 75,162

@MonTay Hey is the Faaeal Snow Lotus 1.0+ CE still available on Aliexpress?

Jan 22, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #46,881 of 75,162

9942079_l.jpg

Snow Lotus 1.0+ is definitely one of the best imaging earbuds I tried yet. Very good mids and treble too, althought a bit bass light for my tastes (so it requires a bit of amp in this section for best results).
Good choice!

Might order another and re-cable it when it arrives in a month.
Good luck, because I tried to dismantle 1 of my 2 pairs and I completely scratched one drivers trying to open it, even with a LOT of airdryer (and for a very long time), so I decided to give up.
There seems to have a LOT of glue inside, so beware.

Jan 22, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #46,882 of 75,162
Well despite the lack of recommendations on my post in the intro forum I decided to dive in with a few buds after reading wayyyy too much of this thread.

If you want updates, you can try The Kube v1, RY4S Plus MMCX, Sabia v7, Willsound MK2, The KubePlus

Jan 22, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #46,884 of 75,162
Ah, ok. Wonder if the regular Snow Lotus 1.0 will sound as good as the CE version. Also, what are the differences between the two...shell?
I had 1.0 (before making it MMXC) and the 1.0+ sounds even better than 1.0 (at least to me). Larger and deeper soundstage, better imaging and definition, slightly mids and highs (from what I remember).
FAAEAL claimed that the only difference between 1.0 and 1.0+ is just the cable (OFC for 1.0 and silver plated for 1.0+, from what I read behind the original boxes, everything else remains the exact same specs).

Jan 22, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #46,885 of 75,162
If you want updates, you can try The Kube v1, RY4S Plus MMCX, Sabia v7, Willsound MK2, The KubePlus

yes Willsound MK2 is on my list to try. I hope to also try some of the more expensive options ($100+) because I am curious how much of a difference there is between budget and TOTL. Maybe I will buy on Amazon and then return if I am not impressed.

Jan 22, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #46,887 of 75,162
Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #46,888 of 75,162
Jan 22, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #46,890 of 75,162
What justification would I have for a dispute? I got it through the luckybox. It is a crapshoot, but saved some money. Honestly had I known I probably would have paid the full price though and gotten the nicer cable.

To differ from the original in their store, in the reviews for the lucky bag of photos of the received product. I think you would be returned part of the cost

b29bc92060.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back