Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 27, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #45,556 of 75,373
Oct 27, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #45,557 of 75,373
Oct 27, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #45,558 of 75,373
A few of you may know that I started a Facebook Group Earbuds Anonymous back in December of 2016.

We ended up working with a sponsor here on Head-Fi and were able to get a personalized earbud for our community. We have great members and I wanted to help give something back.

It is just called the, Earbuds Anonymous Earbud.

*I also want to make it VERY clear that I am NOT profiting from the sale of these Earbuds, though I did receive two early units to keep for working on them*

I will also not be providing a link to the product, anyone interested can just head over to the Facebook page for more information.

The sound signature is close to neutral, with great vocal mids, deep sub-bass and non-harsh highs. Details are very decent I must say.
Easy to drive with a cell phone and responds well to higher end devices as well.

My thought process when we were going through prototypes was that I wanted a fun, yet different sound and a price that is not too far out of reach for most buyers.

Here are some of the photos I took of it at the time of launch:

P1100876.jpg

P1100877.jpg

P1100878.jpg

P1100882.jpg

P1100883.jpg

-Tech Specs-
Driver Diameter: 15.4mm
Driver Magnet: NdFeB N45
Diaphragm Material: PET
Impedance: 32 ohms
Frequency Response Range: 20-20000Hz
Sensitivity: 101dB/1000Hz
Cable Material: 4N Silver-Plated Copper
Cable Length: 1.2m
Plug: 3.5mm Gold-Plated

--

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #45,559 of 75,373
That one never came up in my search. Good find.

(btw, fixed your link in my quote... we are supposed to remove all the affiliate spam stuff)

Thanks! Was in a rush to beat the rain and totally forgot about that.

Anyway, we'll see. Need to be better sounding than the PT25 which is the only other SFR bud I have had. Esp. the newer cable. PT25 cable thinks thinks sharp bass roll off is a good thing and it wasn't well behaved or even have a chin slider and was a bit too long. This looks better in the photos and might even come in handy with my Shuoer Tape since I wear them straight down so can't hurt to have a second guide free cable. Fit is intriguing as is playing with the tubes. I'm sure I'll take the leanest one and try stuffing it with foam and cotton and what not.

Oct 27, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #45,560 of 75,373
Oct 27, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #45,561 of 75,373
Do you have to be a part of FB to buy? I don't have an FB account...

Thanks!
A few of you may know that I started a Facebook Group Earbuds Anonymous back in December of 2016.

We ended up working with a sponsor here on Head-Fi and were able to get a personalized earbud for our community. We have great members and I wanted to help give something back.

*I also want to make it VERY clear that I am NOT profiting from the sale of these Earbuds, though I did receive two early units to keep for working on them*

I will also not be providing a link to the product, anyone interested can just head over to the Facebook page for more information.

The sound signature is close to neutral, with great vocal mids, deep sub-bass and non-harsh highs. Details are very decent I must say.
Easy to drive with a cell phone and responds well to higher end devices as well.

My thought process when we were going through prototypes was that I wanted a fun, yet different sound and a price that is not too far out of reach for most buyers.

P1100876.jpg

P1100877.jpg

P1100878.jpg

P1100882.jpg

P1100883.jpg

-Tech Specs-

--

Oct 27, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #45,562 of 75,373

P1100876.jpg

P1100877.jpg

P1100878.jpg

P1100882.jpg

P1100883.jpg

-Tech Specs-

--

I saw this on the FB group and was tempted by buying on Ali did support the $25 group discount an I've had longer shipping delays from the Penon site
Its very tempting since its a collaboration from actual user input

How would you compare it to the WtllSound MK2 or the VE Zens?
I really like my old Mk2s
I have a new gen replacement in MMCX along with his MK32

Oct 27, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #45,564 of 75,373
After going through some reviews, I think I will settle on the toneking to200 (driven by lg v35). Is this ok? I am looking for some bass but mostly soundstage.
Besides the Monks, I have no experience with earbuds but would like one for 11.11 :)

Oct 27, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #45,565 of 75,373

P1100876.jpg

P1100877.jpg

P1100878.jpg

P1100882.jpg

P1100883.jpg

-Tech Specs-

--

You had me at few.

Nice to see you here on occasion my friend.

Oct 27, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #45,566 of 75,373
I'll make an educated guess that the output caps on the FA3 is too small. In that case, solder in some bigger caps will solve the issue on bass roll-off.

First of all, thank you for your advice. Second, I've got the wrong thread. I apologize to everyone, I should have put it in "Obscure Chinese DAPs". :disappointed_relieved:

But since you answered, what you say I'm going to do in the Zishan T1, I already have the appropriate capacitors. Then, if it fixes it, I will try it in the F.Audio XS03, but I will have to detect which capacitors are and where to buy the new ones. In the F.Audio FA3, to open the DAP is more complicated, since the screws are tiny...I'll see what has to be done...

Oct 27, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #45,567 of 75,373
After going through some reviews, I think I will settle on the toneking to200 (driven by lg v35). Is this ok? I am looking for some bass but mostly soundstage.
Besides the Monks, I have no experience with earbuds but would like one for 11.11 :)

I have spent more time with that one lately, and have started to really like it, especially at high levels (caution advised...)

However I'm not convinced so far that even the quite powerful DSD pro feeds it with enough power to reveal it's full potential (will try this week with a balanced cable, and with a single-ended amp to compare) so that could be really demanding for a phone. It's not doing very well on my otg dac either.

I think the BK2 is a much better "starter", mmcx earbuds, easy to drive from any source, good bass and overall relaxed signature without any real flaw.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #45,569 of 75,373
The discount that some products will have for the offers of 11.11 is already indicated. BGVP DX5 and Smabat M1 Pro will be around 53€. Surely, separate discount codes are issued during the offers.

That price will take effect on the 11th... no additional codes needed... just put them all in your cart now and wait for the price to change when the sale starts. They you can buy.

Oct 28, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #45,570 of 75,373
That price will take effect on the 11th... no additional codes needed... just put them all in your cart now and wait for the price to change when the sale starts. They you can buy.

I mean codes or coupons discounts from AliExpress itself, not from stores. These discounts can be applied to the cart, adding to the applied discount of the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back